Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,472 members, 7,812,463 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) (1180 Views)

Anti-corruption Fight: Only Corrupt People Afraid of PMB - Kashamu / Names Of Buhari's 22man Entourage To New York / Nigerian Army Releases Academic Records Of Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by tatosh: 8:43am On Oct 22, 2014
It is quite sad when i read through some political threads and see some opinions. I just hope people who post such comments are not yet of voting age because the comments are either based on zero facts or absolutely shallow. It is like we have lost our deep sense of thought because of years of bad leadership.

Anyway below are some simple facts and good news for those who still have and want to redeem their lost sense of thought

WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI?

I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1984-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

Please consider the following unassailable facts:
1.He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.

2.There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!

3.In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).

4. JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
5. Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by almost 16yrs of the PDP rule.

6.Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.

7.Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.

8.He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.

9.Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

10.He is the only politician in the Country today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.

11.He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .

12.Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him!

13.The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated

14.He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!

15.His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today.

Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
Now that you know better, will you please educate others

1 Like

Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by dunkem21(m): 8:53am On Oct 22, 2014
I am afraid of him.
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by tatosh: 8:56am On Oct 22, 2014
dunkem21:
I am afraid of him.

If you are still afraid after reading the above then i am afraid for you too
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by delishpot: 9:13am On Oct 22, 2014
tatosh:

Ehrrmmm, are we to say buhari never did any wrong while in office?
BTW I remember WAI o. I remember the song advert on tv. War against indiscipline, let us be orderly la la la la la la la let is be orderly, WAI o , WAI o.
Any which way sha. You are begining to buy my heart towards him. Anybody that can stem c9rruption in naija has my Vote.

But o. Let him say sorry to Nigerians for his people that killed when he lost his last ellection. Till then, I wont vote for him. Let him say sorry and call his area boys to order.

3 Likes

Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by godofwar666(m): 9:13am On Oct 22, 2014
TeamBuhari 2015
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by dunkem21(m): 9:19am On Oct 22, 2014
tatosh:

He promised to make the country ungovernable.
He promised that dogs and baboon will be soaked in blood in 2015.

I am very very Afraid of him now.
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by Nobody: 9:49am On Oct 22, 2014
AIRDIG:

Does the fact and figure below paint a portrait of an ethnic & religion fascist?
Are the media & Internet warriors feeding us with lies?
Are we trapped in the cycle of "crowd mentality"; parroting the lies & calumny of his enemies?
Are we capable of critical thinking and common-sense logic? You be the judge!

ANALYSIS OF THE 16 POSITIONS UNDER BUHARI'S GOVT (Note that Buhari's demography is highlighted in red font)
Religion
No of Muslim: 8
No of Christian: 8

Ethnicity I
Northerner: 10 = NC: 6 , NE: 3 , NW: 1
Southerner: 6 = SE: 2, SW: 2 , SS: 2

Ethnicity II
Middle-Belter: 5
Hausa: 2 + Fulani: 1
Yoruba: 3
Igbo: 2
Niger Deltan: 2
Kanuri: 1

Key Position
Chief of staff: Muslim Northerner (Military)
Defense: Christian Northerner (Military)
Finance: Christian Southerner (Civilian)
Energy: Christian Southerner (Civilian)
Justice: Christian Southerner (Civilian)

Civilian/Military Demography
Civilian: 9
Military: 7
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by tatosh: 10:00am On Oct 22, 2014
delishpot:

Ehrrmmm, are we to say buhari never did any wrong while in office?
BTW I remember WAI o. I remember the song advert on tv. War against indiscipline, let us be orderly la la la la la la la let is be orderly, WAI o , WAI o.
Any which way sha. You are begining to buy my heart towards him. Anybody that can stem c9rruption in naija has my Vote.

But o. Let him say sorry to Nigerians for his people that killed when he lost his last ellection. Till then, I wont vote for him. Let him say sorry and call his area boys to order.

You have spoken well
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by egift(m): 10:17am On Oct 22, 2014
dunkem21:
I am afraid of him.

Are you into drug trafficking, stealing public funds, funding terror, importing fake goods, delivery substandard projects, abandoning government contract while eating the money OR do you own a kiddnaping/robbery/cult gang? If yes, then you have a valid reason to Fear.

The good news is that if you leave your negative ways and be willing to join hands in doing what is right for Nigeria, then all is well.

1 Like

Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by faithin9ja: 10:33am On Oct 22, 2014
Please note I was in University during Buhari/Idiagbon coup of 1983 and along with many undergraduates we supported the coup. My responses are a result of my memory and not hearsay or reading history books, but from what we experienced at the time.

It is quite sad when i read through some political threads and see some opinions. I just hope people who post such comments are not yet of voting age because the comments are either based on zero facts or absolutely shallow. It is like we have lost our deep sense of thought because of years of bad leadership.

Anyway below are some simple facts and good news for those who still have and want to redeem their lost sense of thought

WHO IS AFRAID OF BUHARI?

I write this because of millions of Nigerians who are below 30 and who constitute a significant chunk of our voting population.
This is the ICT generation that is largely ignorant about the events of the Buhari era (1984-85) and so can be misinformed and misled by needless propaganda. I have sat with many in the under-30 bracket and those slightly above who only have faint recollections of the Buhari era and the level of ignorance about that era is amazing.

Before being MILITARY Head of State, Buhari had been Governor of one of the Northern States (under Obasanjo’s Military government) as well as Minister for Petroleum. He later served as Chairman of PTF under Abacha.

Please consider the following unassailable facts:
1.He birthed and supervised the establishment of our existing refineries.
No evidence of this, the refineries were part of the 3rd and 4th National Development Plans which were 'birthed' during the 1970's under Gowon's government and the so-called super perm secs.

2.There was no religious crisis while he was Head of State. It started under his successor IBB!
Remind me , who crushed the Maistasine riots in Kano resulting in thousands of deaths of religious fanatics, so argue the percusor to the current Boko Haram

3.In his time as Head of State he reduced inflation from 23% to 4%, by fiscal discipline and a homegrown economic team (not achieved under any other era, even military).
where all local industries were killed due to lack of foreign exchange, thousands of jobs lost, beginning of the end of middle class and the use of second hand goods started to become prevalent in Nigeria

4. JJ Rawlings of Ghana took over 2yrs before him, and killed all the corrupt leaders, while Buhari only sentenced the corrupt leaders here to prison.
He jailed innocent people on trumped charges for ridiculous sentences in kangaroo courts for upwards of 27 years to hundreds of years, some died in their incarceration, other came out sick and ill and never recovered, eg Ambrose Alli - we should praise because unlike Rawlings he did not kill them?
5. Under his watch as PTF Chairman, what he did in road construction in that short period hasn't been matched by almost 16yrs of the PDP rule.
As head of state he cancelled the Lagos Metro Line and still had to pay the contractors for breach of contract $78 million (in 1983 what is that in todays money) does this sound like a man with vision, now 30 years later we are still trying to get metro line to Lagos, whereas even Cairo has had underground trains for over 20 years

6.Hospitals and universities around the country never witnessed as much benefits as they got from the PTF from any government after or before his time.
No evidence of this, instead in the true Nigerian style - in fact it started with PTF, the government gives money to PTF and Ministry of Works to carry out the same job - this duplication is another source of waste and corruption, did the ministries of health around the country stop recieving capital allowance to build and maintain clinics and hospitals whilst PTF was alleging doing their jobs?

7.Despite serving in senior capacity in the oil sector, first as Minister for Petroleum and then Petroleum Trust Fund, Buhari has no petrol station, much less a rig, refinery or an oil block like so many of our leaders.
not being corrupt does not make you a good leader. Hitler was not corrupt, unlike Goering in his government

8.He could have retired into nauseating opulence like most of his counterparts (IBB or Danjuma or even OBJ) but didn't.

9.Instead of hobnobbing with the high and mighty, he has cast his lot with the ordinary man most of who follow him out of hope and belief in his values.
People who know him have said of him... "All I need from Buhari is his word, I can take it to the bank".

10.He is the only politician in the Country today who fills rallies without renting a crowd. The Kaduna rally of 2nd March is eloquent proof!
·He refused to collect an allowance while serving as Chairman of the PTF because he said since he was already drawing a pension from government, his conscience would not allow him to draw another salary from the purse of the same government.
Rubbish, if you do a job, you get paid for that job, his pension was for previous employment not his current position. How much did he save the nation by noit drawing that meagre salary? did he not use government moto and stay in government house during his tenure?

11.He is the only former head of state that does not own property or land in Abuja .
and this proves what? does anyone know of OBJ property outside Otta? but do we dream of calling OBJ honest?

12.Every attempt to rubbish him through probes in time past eneded up vindicating him!
ok

13.The man who was asked by OBJ to take over the running of PTF before it was scrapped with the aim of probing and indicting Buhari, was the one who ended up being prosecuted for misappropriating $100m of PTF funds! Buhari again, was vindicated
sorry who was prosecuted here and or found guilty? I am not clear on your point

14.He has OPENLY challenged those who accuse him of religious fundamentalism to come out and show proof. No one has till today, taken up the challenge. His personal driver of many years is a Christian from Plateau State!
A driver? very important role abi? why did he keep Shagari the President under house arrest in government house whilst putting the Vice President Alex Ekeume in prison without trial?
15.His government initiated the War Against Indiscipline that has made environmental cleanliness, queuing up, not urinating by the roadside etc features of our national life even till today.
So flogging innocent people in the street is the solution to scarce resources, now people queue in Lagos to enter BRT buses, why? because there are enough buses to go round, we know another bus will soon come. Rather than improve public transport, provide public toilets, you start to flog people- according to Fela treat your people like animals

Does it then surprise you why corrupt people would be spreading such heinous rumours about Buhari?
He is a threat to them and they know what he is capable of doing to corruption and corrupt people when he comes into office! So shine your eyes and make the right decision.

If honesty and probity are the things you want for Nigeria, now is the time to choose right.
Now that you know better, will you please educate others

India is a very corrupt country, for years every election in India resulted in thousands of deaths, yet India has never had a coup, now India is one of the biggest economies in the world, people travel from around the including UK and Nigeria to take advantage of Indian hospitals and IT industry - yet India remains a corrupt country.

Their neighbour, Pakistan also has similar problems to India with corruption and rigged elections, Pakistan has had numerous coups and military leaders who become politicians, which is a better country today? India or Pakistan?

Youth of Nigeria shine your eye very well , no more recycling of these failed leaders. bring new fresh leaders that have great ideas for the natiion
[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

1 Like

Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by dunkem21(m): 10:36am On Oct 22, 2014
egift:

Are you into drug trafficking, stealing public funds, funding terror, importing fake goods, delivery substandard projects, abandoning government contract while eating the money OR do you own a kiddnaping/robbery/cult gang? If yes, then you have a valid reason to Fear.

The good news is that if you leave your negative ways and be willing to join hands in doing what is right for Nigeria, then all is well.

No!, am not into any of those immoral vices.

I am afraid because, In 2011, He promised to make the country ungovernable. ..and the country was ungovernable.

He promised that dogs and baboon will be soaked
in blood in 2015. We are almost in 2015.

Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by tatosh: 11:09am On Oct 22, 2014
dunkem21:

No!, am not into any of those immoral vices.

I am afraid because, In 2011, He promised to make the country ungovernable. ..and the country was ungovernable.

He promised that dogs and baboon will be soaked
in blood in 2015. We are almost in 2015.

I'm sorry, but you are a very myopic fella. Do you even know the meaning of what you just wrote
Re: 2015- Who Is Afraid Of Buhari? (simple Facts) by dunkem21(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2014
tatosh:

I'm sorry, but you are a very myopic fella. Do you even know the meaning of what you just wrote

Yeah. I know the meaning. That's why am very very scared.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

US Denies It Refused To Sell Military Equipment To Nigeria / student\doctor makes NCP party motto free Education Free Health .No More Lantern / Obasanjo: Why I Criticise Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.