Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,059 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? (1362 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Muslims & Hausa-fulani Muslims Not Inter-marry? / Advantages And Disadvantages Of Inter-tribal Marriage / On Our Way To Inter-tribal Wedlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by ducii: 10:10am On Oct 22, 2014
My guess will be Rivers State

What is yours?
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by uchihahinata: 10:18am On Oct 22, 2014
I don't know for state but for tribes, I will give it to the yorubas

1 Like

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by ducii: 10:29am On Oct 22, 2014
uchihahinata:
I don't know for state but for tribes, I will give it to the yorubas

Inter State marriages undecided, Yorubas hate marrying from a different State
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by eyeview: 1:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
I have lived in the east,south south and west,I must say that it will be between Delta,Edo axis. They are most liberal interms of marrying from any tribe they see themselves among. Kudos to them
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by itstpia1: 3:05pm On Oct 22, 2014
all southwestern states, most northern states, rivers state, most ss states, some se states, few mid belt states.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by ducii: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2014
itstpia1:
all southwestern states, most northern states, rivers state, most ss states, some se states, few mid belt states.

I doubt the Northerners allow inter- state marriages embarassed
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by itstpia1: 4:25pm On Oct 22, 2014
they do on occasion.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by OdenigboAroli(m): 6:04pm On Oct 22, 2014
If I catch anybody's leg in Anambra I will cut it!
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by Funjosh(m): 4:47am On Oct 23, 2014
shocked e nova reach that one na lipsrsealed

well I pity my broda EsanEmmanuel because if OdenigboAroli catch you undecided

OdenigboAroli:
If I catch anybody's leg in Anambra I will cut it!
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by EsanEmmanuel(m): 7:09am On Oct 23, 2014
Funjosh:
shocked e nova reach that one na lipsrsealed

well I pity my broda EsanEmmanuel because if OdenigboAroli catch you undecided

Nwoke OdenigboAroli .... Mmanụ akara dị ụtọ onye ratụ ibe ya aratụ
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by OdenigboAroli(m): 10:59am On Oct 23, 2014
EsanEmmanuel:
Nwoke OdenigboAroli .... Mmanụ akara dị ụtọ onye ratụ ibe ya aratụ

Nnaa,this is getting serious and I am beginning to lose my patience. Our Anambra women are being stolen away and this is affecting our cultural consciousness and identity. As you know,women are the one that bulds and nurtures home and if this new trend of stealing of our precious assets continues our culture will fade away. For instant,if I marry an Idoma woman the chances of my children speaking my dialect will be ZERO! People should be encouraged to marry from their kind.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by EsanEmmanuel(m): 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
OdenigboAroli:

Nnaa,this is getting serious and I am beginning to lose my patience. Our Anambra women are being stolen away and this is affecting our cultural consciousness and identity. As you know,women are the one that bulds and nurtures home and if this new trend of stealing of our precious assets continues our culture will fade away. For instant,if I marry an Idoma woman the chances of my children speaking my dialect will be ZERO! People should be encouraged to marry from their kind.
nwoke... No be my fault nah... I served in awkuzu Oyi L.G... met dz indigene who also speaks yoruba.. Infakt she was born in ibadan buh they had to relocate back to village for some reasns... Anyways... We fell in love.. And We gonn marry! Gimme ur blessings biko.. And yes.. She's teachin me igbo already.. And evn our kids are gonn be fluent in d 2 languages just like my ebere

2 Likes

Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by BarryX(m): 8:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
[size=14pt]I'm looking at South-South which include the Deltas, Rivers, Edo, cross Rivers etc ,Few "mixed" South-western states and Middle-belt.

South-east is a no-go area for inter-tribal marriages. It takes lots of prayer to approve one. So insecure about the Igbo identity though it comes under the excused cliché of "Protection of ethnic heritage".[/size]
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by itstpia1: 9:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Southeast is a no go area for the southwest and the north when it comes to intertribal marriage involving se males.

For southsouth, intermarriage with the southeast is quite common.
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by Yujin(m): 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
itstpia1:
This is how most students fail examinations. The question says,'which state?'
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by tpia6: 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
Yujin:

This is how I fail examinations. The question says,'which state?'

and your cognition cannot think beyond a single state?
Re: Which State In Nigeria Is More Open To Inter-state Marriages? by ducii: 10:45am On Oct 28, 2014
BarryX:
[size=14pt]I'm looking at South-South which include the Deltas, Rivers, Edo, cross Rivers etc ,Few "mixed" South-western states and Middle-belt.

South-east is a no-go area for inter-tribal marriages. It takes lots of prayer to approve one. So insecure about the Igbo identity though it comes under the excused cliché of "Protection of ethnic heritage".[/size]

That was my thought as well

(1) (Reply)

Delta Igbos In Delta State / The New Olota Of Ota receives Staff of Office as Eagle Schnapps Pays Homage / America's Top 10 Beaches Of 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.