Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,515 members, 7,954,950 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:07 PM

Sheik Gumi Advices Buhari Not To Contest In The 2014 Elections - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sheik Gumi Advices Buhari Not To Contest In The 2014 Elections (514 Views)

Photo: Pastor Tunde Bakare Advices Buhari On Anti-corruption War / "Boko-Haram Is Diabolical And Should Be Flushed" Sheik Gumi!!!! / Sheik Gumi - Yakowa And Azazi Died While Plotting Against Northern Muslims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sheik Gumi Advices Buhari Not To Contest In The 2014 Elections by SK3NKI(m): 10:25am On Oct 22, 2014
Sheik Gumi To Buhari: Don't Contest 2015 Poll. My brother in Islam, please listen to the words of wisdom Before, they used you the first time to disrupt the Second Republic, my father advised you against it. Today, I’m also advising you against contesting in the 2015 presidential election because you will be used to ignite the nation -a dream well orchestrated several years ago.

Renowned Islamic scholar, Dr. Ahmad Gumi, has asked Gen. Muhammadu Buhari not to contest the 2015 presidential election because of dire consequences his ambition could bring to the country. Gumi, who is the son of late fiery Sheik,Abubakar Gumi, in an open letter he wrote to Gen. Buhari, urged him to beware of his allies who are nudging to go into the race for their selfish interests. He told Gen. Buhari that like it happened in the three presidential elections, his so-called supporters would use and dump him again in the 2015 presidential election. The cleric said that even though Buhari has all the attributes of a good leader, he is weak in controlling his followers.

Gumi said: “The prophet (peace be upon him) told one of the most honest and truthful of his companions, Abu Zar Algafary: “oh Abu Zar, I truly love for you what I love for myself. I indeed see that you are weak so never accept to lead even two people and never accept safekeeping of the orphans wealth” “An honest and candid advice from the prophet that is still valid today for any leader who’s weakness borders on leadership qualities.

“The reason for Abu Zar’s weakness has nothing to do with his credibility or truthfulness. Never! The prophet was narrated as saying: ‘there is nobody under the shadows of trees or bare sun that is more honest in speech than Abu Zar. “Abu Zar (May Allah be pleased with him) is ascetic and immaterialistic. Abu Zar is incorruptible. And yet he is not suitable for leadership. “I am not claiming to be even by an atom’s weight anything close to our noble prophet, yet I am encouraged to give you this same advice by the virtue that you are not also close to Abu Zar in piety.

We are living in a time of great tribulations and fitnah especially for this Ummah because of our collective iniquities, ignorance of religious instructions and the love of Dunyah. “Sir, your weakness is not in your past impeccable record of accountability of public wealth and the fight against corruption and indiscipline. Your weakness is in your inability to control men compounded further by your strict and obsessive rejection of corruption,” he said.

“In the letter, Gumi told Buhari that, “Don’t be surprised. You may need to understand that Islam being a pragmatic religion allows the use of Zakkat and public wealth as an instrument to pacify and lure influential people for the sake of righteousness, peace and stability. In modern governance today it translates into the security vote. “Thus men are also controlled by money. So if your policy of governance is centered on sealing tight the use of money you will have great problem with men. An Arab poet said: ‘a fool cannot be the leader of his people but the true leader of the people must feign foolishness.”

“It’s convenient for your ardent supporters to quote copiously from the annals of history your great achievements but when your failures and weaknesses were pointed out they say that was in the past. Are these lessons of past history only good for the positive achievements? Doesn’t that also explain our incessant failures? “Your Excellency, good intentions are never enough. In the past, because of your clean records and straightforwardness you were lured by men who want only the vanities Dunya to uproot a young democracy on the caprices of fighting corruption. Corruption is no doubt an evil but there is a more monstrous evil than corruption. That is turmoil and insecurity. Peace and stability are the most important part of governance that no price is too high for them” he stated. Source: Nigerian Pilot, October 22, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Osun Election Petitiontribunal Sits Amidst Heavysecurity / Second Military Officer Declares Self Burkina Faso’s President / My Wife Knows I’m A Robber - Car Snatcher

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.