Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,816 members, 7,817,367 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:09 AM

What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? (2942 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate / Packaged Dried Catfish Business. Is It Profitable? / What Business Is The Most Profitable To Invest In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by NoWee(m): 4:31am On Nov 15, 2008
Hello my people,

I am a holder of EU passport and reside in Glasgow, Scotland. I am studying for a first degree in Business as a home student. I have lost interest in doing the normal jobs students do over here. This has nothing to do with laziness. It is just that I am longing to do something unique over here, like a small scale legitimate business of my own.

I would be grateful if someone could suggest a business for me. Besides, I must stress that I am not interested in any "Work at Home Job" and other 419. I am a 100% Nigerian and very street-wise to fall for those rubbish.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by naijacutee(f): 1:01am On Nov 16, 2008
What skills do you have? Graphic design, creative writing, music production, administration, web design? You can sell your skills on freelance websites such as Peopleperhour.com, Guru.com or elance.com. A lot of people do this as their main sources of income - especially in this time of economic turbulence. Alternatively, you can buy things from cheap sources, and sell on eBay.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by lucabrasi(m): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2008
you can also do like nigerian themed tee shirts ,hoodies e.t.c theres a demand for it as more and more nigerians are starting to identify with the advent of the 2 face,dbanj e.t.c
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by hedgesfun(m): 4:51pm On Nov 16, 2008
Hello No Wee,
As a student in the UK there are tons of business u can actually get hooked to and you will surely make tons of cash from it in very little time, You can actually sell any skill of yours as mentioned by naijacutee, but there is this great business I will recommend also if you really wanna get something doing for your self and you don't have skill to sell or don't want to sell it. Its called dropshipping you can search online for it and see wikipedia for more about it.
There are many ways buy which u can do it and as a UK based you are more privileged than those of us here in the third world country.
Also there are means by which you can do it and you can contact me for more info on this if you like but there is a website I will like you to see and research to see how it will benefit you the site is http://www.dpbuk.co.uk/ or do i say wwwdotdpbukdotcodotuk in case it does not show well.
I will advise that you do your own due investigation and research before you transact with any company whatsoever including this am giving you here as even though I trust them somewhat I can not be there mouth so its up to you to do all you have to do in other to know what you have to know to get what you want to get.
I WILL BE READILY AVAILABLE TO ASSIST IN ANY WAY WHATSOEVER IF YOU NEED MY ASSISTANCE OF HELP IN FACT I THINK WE CAN WORK TOGETHER IF YOU REALY DONT MIND. SO CONTACT ME IF YOU ARE REALLY INTERESTED.
GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by NoWee(m): 4:07am On Nov 22, 2008
naijacutee & lucabrasi,

I thank you guys for your responses. Selling stuffs on the eBay and the Nigerian tee shirt business sound interesting. Is there a way to research their viability? I would be very grateful if you guys would elaborate on them. What kind of stuffs should I sell on the eBay and what is the best way to procure them? How do I go about the Tee shirts biz? I can see it requires a website. What is the minimum capital I should bank for the whole thing?
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by lucabrasi(m): 4:57pm On Nov 23, 2008
selling tee shirts requires low capital and getting more lucrative because of the explosion of nigerian artistes internationally and most nigerians getting tuned to the "naija vibe"

find out where to get plain tee shirts in bulk, go online and you ll find lots of wholesalers who cater to school,companies e.t.c

write down interesting captions,pictures,designs you ll be using on your tee shirts,hoodies e.t.c something original,nigerian/african that ll captivate people and show a sense of identity.

look for a printer that you ll work with and then go through your designs and stuffs with them and work out the prices, the more you print,the less they charge so you might want to keep that in mind, moreover make sure you do a wide variation of sizes so you dont get stuck with maybe xtra larges with almost zero demand

seeing as you are a student it should be easy for you to market your stuffs by putting up notices on different dept notice boards,approaching other students and spreading your business through word of mouth,dont forget to put them on ebay and have a website showing your designs

as for capital,i think it depends on how small or big you want to start whic is up to you really bearing in mind that the main hings you need to budget for is
1.a working website, cheapest option is to look for an i.t student in your university,they ll do it very cheap and you ll have a greater say in input and hw you want your website to come out.

2.an ebay account-im sure you know that is free

3.word of mouth marketing through the student grapevine,adverts on school magazines and noticeboard-free

4.plain tee shirts,hoodies e.t.c
http://www.acorn-printing.co.uk/menu-M.html?gclid=CMmt8M7Ui5cCFcse3godyEepDA
http://www.edun-live.com/Default.aspx?t=w&gclid=CKTU6ovVi5cCFYwh3godoUypDA
http://www.plain-t-shirts.co.uk/

google will give you much more options and price variationsxxgood luck
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by netmoney(m): 4:41pm On Nov 25, 2008
Look around nairaland and you would see one problem that is being discussed hundreds of times.

If you can't see it,say so and I would show you.It is a million dollar idea if you would do it.

Mind you I am not going to ask you for a dime.If you have searched and can't find that problem,reply by saying PLEASE HELP ME OUT and I would tell you, by means of a reply here as well.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by kokorunna(m): 2:03pm On Nov 28, 2008
If you are a good photographer, then you can gate crash some parties.

Setup a stand and start taking pictures for 10GBP a pop, its very common in London Parties
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by xfolz: 4:35pm On Dec 12, 2008
Hi Friend,
I wld suggest u move into a Biz system where u can leverage on ppls effort n time n thus earn unlimited income.
there are several financial vehicles to transfer you to the right side of the cash flow quadrant as noted by Robert Kiosaki.
a reliable source to be a biz owner is provided by a company established in 138 countries,founded in Arizona,U.S.A in 1978 and has helped millions of ppl to achieve their dreams.
FOREVER" is growing rapidly around the world. With 30 years proven track record we market hard to get products in high demand working on 68% profit margins and we show others how to do the same - that is why we are growing so rapidly - that is why we get paid so well from Forever.
If you are looking for a simple part time home based business and you are honest, ethical with a great attitude and a real desire to improve the health and quality of yours and others lives we would like to hear from you.
Please visit our website www.foreverliving.com FLP I.D:234-000-994-809

FOREVER is THE Recession Beating business for all abilities and backgrounds.
to know more contact me on sgn03@yahoo.com include ur full name ,state,and country with the subject "show me the proven system"
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by Wonder1(m): 5:47pm On Dec 15, 2008
naijacutee:

What skills do you have? Graphic design, creative writing, music production, administration, web design? You can sell your skills on freelance websites such as Peopleperhour.com, Guru.com or elance.com. A lot of people do this as their main sources of income - especially in this time of economic turbulence. Alternatively, you can buy things from cheap sources, and sell on eBay.

Hi there,

One of the easiest way to make money on your own is by selling on ebay as you have been already advised. You can buy items on sale and then put them on ebay-one of the best sellers is video games or alternatively try to set up a website like mine and promote ebay as an affilaite marketer. You can do this by clicking on the 'powered by' link on my website for more info.

Goodluck.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by cvibe: 7:54pm On Jan 28, 2009
Too old topic.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by NoWee(m): 8:12pm On Feb 01, 2009
@ Obosoc

Your story sounds too good to be true. So hold it there. I suggest you contact all your relatives and close pals and arrange to meet with them next weekend. During the meeting, please share with them that strategy of shaking the money tree. I am sure you will feel good doing good.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by NoWee(m): 4:59am On Jun 15, 2009
Nairalanders

I am still seriously searching for a small biz/trade I will start doing. The lastest development is that I am now in the position to raise and invest about about £15,000.  I was wondering whether this capital will be enough to set up a small hip-hop boutique that will require me to be purchasing stuffs from China.

What do you guys think? Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your time.
Re: What Business Is Available For An Undergraduate In The Uk? by Etin(f): 5:28am On Jun 18, 2009
@ Poster,

You can buy and sell from China on Ebay. If you are looking to set up a shop in UK then get ready for the taxes and returns that go with it. Check out eSource for wholesale items. Google for Dropshippers. You may not need to invest so much. Wishing you all the best. Whatever you do please research well. Good luck.

(1) (Reply)

Plss Do U Kno Of Any Cooperative Society That Helps Members / Any Part Time Business I Can Do With My Toyota Sienna / Watch Ads And Earn US Dollars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.