Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,217 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate (69441 Views)

10 Businesses You Can Start With N100,000 / 10 Businesses That Can Make You Rich In Nigeria / EXCLUSIVE : How To Make Level 2 Seller On Fiverr In A Month As A Nigerian Seller (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Tmonex: 11:30pm On Nov 01, 2015
Hello to you from makemoneygeek, I hope you have been following my posts keenly, I have been busy this week getting some small SME managers to feature on this blog. My plan is to feature a very successful man in the pop corn business residing in Uyo and another great man in Oyo state to speak to us on how to start the fish farming business. The interviews should be ready for publishing on this blog around mid Nov. So stay in touch with makemoneygeek if you are interested in those two business.

Meanwhile in this post, I shall be introducing tp you 10 businesses even normal undergraduates can do while still in school. Each of them will require some form of capital but each of this business, if practiced in University ,monotechnics and polytechnics are always very successful and usually bring in high yield income.

So Let us go through this 10 great ways you can be making steady income as an undergraduate with having to depend too much on your parents

PHOTOCOPY/PRINTING

These are two services that go together and is very much demanded for in school areas. In a school of more than 30,000 students and different lecturers in many different locations, you are sure to be successful if you set up in a good location a photocopy and printing shop where you can offer help to those who needs this services. Many students and lecturers ] use printing and photocopy services regularly so be sure of making your sales daily.The major capital required for this business will be the procurement of the materials for the photocopy an printing machines.

POP CORN BUSINESS

I have seen people who are successful in this business and that is why I am adding it to the list. You can start packaging pop corns into sealed nylons while putting your labels into it. From there you can liaise with supermarkets and shops around you to be supplying them your pop corns at cheaper prices. You can make research on how you can add special taste and effects to your pop corn to make people patronize it more for quality.

BULK SMS

I have been a player in this business since my year 2 in the University and I have had no regrets ever since I started this business in my school area. When I started, my target was to get as many churches,fellowships,departments organization and sect to signup under my bulk sms website. I made good money from political campaigns during SUG elections in my school and some other fellowship who uses my website for bulk sms. This business is a very lucrative one and you are sure to make steady income if you go into it as and undergraduate

BLOGGING/ARTICLE

I have talked about setting a blog several times on this website, If you are able to monetize your blog with good contents you will surely get paid good money by google. I know of a top blogger in my school who got his ride via blogging returns even before reaching his 4th year in the University.

MERCHANDISE

Every time, people have events regularly in school areas, they usually request the services of a good cloth designer to make merchandise and jerseys for them . If you go into this business as an undergraduate, you will be making not more less than 50k monthly as a costume manager.
BROWSING DATA Sales

Another nice income generating business to do as an undergraduate is to venture into sales of browsing data for fellow students and lecturers especially. You just need to familiarize your self with as many lecturers who you know uses a good amount of data monthly. If you are a data re seller , you can be supplying data to mostly lecturers and students whom you have made contact with and be making your own cool cash daily.

PHONE REPAIR

If you know how to tackle phone problems both hardware and software. Why not setup your self into this n= business by repair phones for people and fixing little issues you can handle. If you set up this business very well, you can be ,making tangible income from phone repairing business

IMPORT EXPORT/sales

Doing the business of selling imported items is one of the most lucrative method of earning stable income as an undergraduate. You can be shipping cheap and fancy items form china and selling them at prices that will make you reasonable profit

Training/tutorials

You can be organizing tutorials and software training for interested students in your schools and make cool cash from it. Just find a good location and a partner that can join you in training people to have the knowledge of useful software in their respective courses of study.

Graphics and draftman

Doing graphics has been one of the sweetest my that happened to me as an undergraduate , even for a small DP picture for birthdays, I will charge nothing less that 1k for the design. You can learn graphics and venture into offering small services like banner designers, dp pictures and making flyers for small organizations in your school

BARBING SALOONS AND MAKE UP

Many guys whom i know as friends knew how to barb but only few up them st up a shop in school for barbing for people. It is a very lucrative income generating business while in school barbecues you will have so many students patronizing you as a student barber. Imagine you had just 30 people who visit your saloon to cut hairs daily.that is over 5k daily…In a month you will be earning twice what a bank marketer earns in a month,, am I lying? You can calculate it yourself too

I hope you have learnt on or two things from this post.

It is now up to you to decide which one of this above listed businesses to do as an undergraduate and start making stable income for yourself. Gather some capital and making some researches on things needed to start each of this business, find a good location in your school or even in your hostel, start small and expand till you finally grow big.

Happy New Month
I would love to see your comments below

http://makemoneygeek.com/10-business-you-can-do-to-earn-atleadt-50k-per-month-as-an-undergraduate/

77 Likes 11 Shares

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by fran6co(m): 11:47pm On Nov 01, 2015
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by ultrazone(m): 5:50am On Nov 02, 2015
mmm
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Nobody: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Aminat508(f): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Please check this link,Light need your help

https://www.nairaland.com/2517785/save-light-great-fighterPlease

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by damton(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good write up.
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by englishmart(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
so, how can I make 2million as a PhD holder

12 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Richie0974: 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Badboiz(m): 12:48pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Pidggin(f): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Most of these businesses require investing your time, give them less time consuming alternatives

5 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by dadebayo1(m): 12:49pm On Nov 02, 2015
Ok. Noted
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Simitrendy: 12:50pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b]

Business in school is all about time.

Like me now I'm offering 10 courses I've not talk of Practicals o.

I spend at least 8 hours in Lab how do u expect me to run a smooth and clean business grin

BTW my 1st Year outta the 20K they do send to me, I'll remove like 1,970 for selling of credits most people in my hostel patronise me TBH there's no gain in the business. Moreover My roommates would take d card and use it, Promise to pay for it but they wouldn't.

If you wanna do business in school look at your time schedule, your department or Faculty.

All this listed business needs time u can expect me who spend 8 hours in Lab to venture into pop corn or photocopy business.. I would fail gallantly ni o cheesy

All this kind business are for those in Law or Religious studies where they don't do much.

But I'll like to Venture into Tutorial class business for JAMBITE and post Jambite.

Guys I'm freaking serious.. There's this business you can do with 20K instead of 50K

grin

STEP 1 : Raise 20K outta your pocket money.

STEP 2 : Go to any good Electronic Shop or Show room.

STEP 3 : Buy a table fridge or Freezer of 20 Kg or above.
Depends on d stacks with you.

STEP 4 : Take it to your room, Beg any supplier of pure water to supply you at least 10-20 bag per week.

STEP 5 : Beg a supplier of bread to supply you at least 20-30 bread per 3 days. Not more than 50-60 Naira bread oh!

STEP 6 : Buy Kuli-Kuli, Groundnut, Sugar, Eggs, Garri ( put it in nylon, make it 20 Naira own) grin

STEP 7: Announce your new business to your hostel mates. Especially guys in particular.

At least in a week u will earn up to 2K if no one cheats you.

It doesn't require time as your roommates can help u look after it, The buyer will drop the money in a box and take what they need.

These business will work in OAU very well or UNILAG, UNIBEN, UNILORIN

If you're in UNILORIN and u want a business of 10K

Start an agent work, help fresher's to get hostel.

And put your own change on it

If these business works don't forget to pay your Tithes

grin

[/b]

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by dguyindcorner(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
ok
Tmonex:
Hello to you from makemoneygeek, I hope you have been following my posts keenly, I have been busy this week getting some small SME managers to feature on this blog. My plan is to feature a very successful man in the pop corn business residing in Uyo and another great man in Oyo state to speak to us on how to start the fish farming business. The interviews should be ready for publishing on this blog around mid Nov. So stay in touch with makemoneygeek if you are interested in those two business.
Meanwhile in this post, I shall be introducing tp you 10 businesses even normal undergraduates can do while still in school. Each of them will require some form of capital but each of this business, if practiced in University ,monotechnics and polytechnics are always very successful and usually bring in high yield income.
So Let us go through this 10 great ways you can be making steady income as an undergraduate with having to depend too much on your parents

PHOTOCOPY/PRINTING

These are two services that go together and is very much demanded for in school areas. In a school of more than 30,000 students and different lecturers in many different locations, you are sure to be successful if you set up in a good location a photocopy and printing shop where you can offer help to those who needs this services. Many students and lecturers ] use printing and photocopy services regularly so be sure of making your sales daily.The major capital required for this business will be the procurement of the materials for the photocopy an printing machines.

POP CORN BUSINESS

I have seen people who are successful in this business and that is why I am adding it to the list. You can start packaging pop corns into sealed nylons while putting your labels into it. From there you can liaise with supermarkets and shops around you to be supplying them your pop corns at cheaper prices. You can make research on how you can add special taste and effects to your pop corn to make people patronize it more for quality.

BULK SMS

I have been a player in this business since my year 2 in the University and I have had no regrets ever since I started this business in my school area. When I started, my target was to get as many churches,fellowships,departments organization and sect to signup under my bulk sms website. I made good money from political campaigns during SUG elections in my school and some other fellowship who uses my website for bulk sms. This business is a very lucrative one and you are sure to make steady income if you go into it as and undergraduate

BLOGGING/ARTICLE

I have talked about setting a blog several times on this website, If you are able to monetize your blog with good contents you will surely get paid good money by google. I know of a top blogger in my school who got his ride via blogging returns even before reaching his 4th year in the University.
MERCHANDISE
Every time, people have events regularly in school areas, they usually request the services of a good cloth designer to make merchandise and jerseys for them . If you go into this business as an undergraduate, you will be making not more less than 50k monthly as a costume manager.
BROWSING DATA Sales
Another nice income generating business to do as an undergraduate is to venture into sales of browsing data for fellow students and lecturers especially. You just need to familiarize your self with as many lecturers who you know uses a good amount of data monthly. If you are a data re seller , you can be supplying data to mostly lecturers and students whom you have made contact with and be making your own cool cash daily.

PHONE REPAIR

If you know how to tackle phone problems both hardware and software. Why not setup your self into this n= business by repair phones for people and fixing little issues you can handle. If you set up this business very well, you can be ,making tangible income from phone repairing business
IMPORT EXPORT/sales
Doing the business of selling imported items is one of the most lucrative method of earning stable income as an undergraduate. You can be shipping cheap and fancy items form china and selling them at prices that will make you reasonable profit
Training/tutorials
You can be organizing tutorials and software training for interested students in your schools and make cool cash from it. Just find a good location and a partner that can join you in training people to have the knowledge of useful software in their respective courses of study.
Graphics and draftman
Doing graphics has been one of the sweetest my that happened to me as an undergraduate , even for a small DP picture for birthdays, I will charge nothing less that 1k for the design. You can learn graphics and venture into offering small services like banner designers, dp pictures and making flyers for small organizations in your school
BARBING SALOONS AND MAKE UP
Many guys whom i know as friends knew how to barb but only few up them st up a shop in school for barbing for people. It is a very lucrative income generating business while in school barbecues you will have so many students patronizing you as a student barber. Imagine you had just 30 people who visit your saloon to cut hairs daily.that is over 5k daily…In a month you will be earning twice what a bank marketer earns in a month,, am I lying? You can calculate it yourself too

I hope you have learnt on or two things from this post.

It is now up to you to decide which one of this above listed businesses to do as an undergraduate and start making stable income for yourself. Gather some capital and making some researches on things needed to start each of this business, find a good location in your school or even in your hostel, start small and expand till you finally grow big.

Happy New Month
I would love to see your comments below

http://makemoneygeek.com/10-business-you-can-do-to-earn-atleadt-50k-per-month-as-an-undergraduate/

The most lucrative for me is browsing data selling. I can testify to that.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Manicure and predicure
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by BlackBaron: 12:51pm On Nov 02, 2015
Subjective article
You can't just postulate their minimum earnings without taking other factors into consideration.
Besides, where are your statistics to support these earnings if I choose to be pedantic?

Truth is some will make more or far below the listed. Better you start out something innovative, a niche, than trying to fight already overpopulated market sectors.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by ogaofficer(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Thank you. Since this thread is related to 50k monthly allawee, all undergraduates here on nairaland can save a life by donating any amount out of the 50k. Check my signature
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by mmmustapha(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nice write up but you forgot to mention Facebook and instagram. I generate a lot of money from Sales of my products ( Watches, male/female bags, shoes, shirts/tshirt like polo shirt/tshit, Lee valley, La coste, Tummy, checks and American Eagle), wallets, etc. Some of these items I ordered them from Ali express, konga and kaymu while some came directly from Dubai.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Alajiki(m): 12:52pm On Nov 02, 2015
Good
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Luckygurl(f): 12:53pm On Nov 02, 2015
smiley smiley

I intend going into the printing business this semester..

I have a friend who does it and it yields some dough..
It'd be in the confines of my room in the school hostel and my patronizers will mainly be my hostel mates and friends...

Wish me luck wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by eminikansoso(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
[b]HOW TO START LAUNDRY AND DRY CLEANER BUSINESS IN YOUR LOCATION
Laundry business is a small scale business that can be established at the back of your house and requires small capital to establish one. This is a business that can fetch the owner of the business a lot of money in short period of time.
When establishing a laundry business, the most importance material is availability of clean water. Although water is very cheap here in Nigeria.
Materials needed to start the business
• 12kg washing machine
• 7.5kv generating plant
• Dryer
• Two pressing iron; steaming iron and ordinary iron
• Two tables; one for washing and the other for ironing
• Shelve
• One standing industrial fan
• 1kg spraying can
• Tagging gun
• Buckets, brush, hangers, laundry nylon.

Dryer is used for urgent service and in the next thirty minutes the cloth is dry and ready for ironing.
Steaming iron is used to iron plain trousers and suits while the ordinary is used to iron other types of fabrics
Spraying can is used by filling with water and spray on cloth when ironing for easy smoothing.
Tagging gun is also used for tagging identities to the customers’ clothes for easy identification.
The most importance service of the laundry business is good ironing and packaging. Someone can wash clothes with 100% stains free but ironing maybe 0% or packaging 0%. How will the customers feel happy or sad?
With #300k one can establish one and before a year of operation, he would have recover more than amount invested in the business.
Thanks[/b]

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Seyilome(m): 12:55pm On Nov 02, 2015
I like the POP CORN part of this, I think, I can give POP CORN a trial

2 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Pinkyoma: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
noted
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by ShakurM(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Owo ti de grin grin
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Marvyx(m): 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
Pidggin:
Most of these businesses require investing your time, give them less time consuming alternatives

Exactly my thought. Its very time consuming. I think blogging and pop corn business should top d list of time consumers.

However it depends on the individual.

Some students have photographic memory and some can cram very well. While some are just there to have d name 'graduate'.
Time shouldn't pose a threat to them all.

1 Like

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by biafranqueen: 12:57pm On Nov 02, 2015
I know a chick made cool money braiding or weaving hair, at lest 50k a month another that did facials.
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by efembaba(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
Nice one but what of businesses a serving corps member like me can do. In short I wanna know how to spot opportunities fast! Like really fast
Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by Rumpelstiltskin(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
ok..........I'll pick the next UTME form so that I can be admitted into a tertiary institution and start making cool cash on campus. Thanks OP, you're a life-saver! JAMB here I come grin

Luckygurl:
Wish me luck
Abeg which kind of luck are you seeking for again? Are you not supposed to be always lucky by virtue of your nomenclature Luckygurl? undecided

3 Likes

Re: 10 Businesses You Can Do To Earn Atleast 50k Per Month As An Undergraduate by philcz(m): 1:02pm On Nov 02, 2015
I organize tutorials for my course mates and those in lower-levels.. I don't get paid though...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hustle and Bustle, Obi Cubana’s Abuja Club Shut Indefinitely / Zenith Bank To Acquire Union Bank / 60 Hot Selling Products You Can Import, Sell And Make Money In Nigeria.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.