Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,214 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:34 AM

Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. (1258 Views)

What Has Religion Done For Africa. / Has Religion Failed Nigeria At 53 Years? For And Against / Has Religion Been A Positive Force For Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Alleinad(f): 10:40am On Oct 22, 2014
Recently I have been doing a lot of thinking and I decided to present it here for your feedback.
Nigerians are the most religious people, yet the most corrupt. Religion has made a lot of people fake rather than better. it has taught some harmful doctrines, like how women are beneath men instead of gender equality, like praying and doing nothing yet hoping for change to come in our lives and community instead of working and knowing that your actions are a prayer, like giving so much to the spiritual sector while having no single savings, like breeding hatred in families because they believe people in the family are against their progress, like killing ambition by saying its a sin or saying some are destined to be poor so you dont have to try, etc.

in your opinion, has religion made or marred us? Because in my opinion, it has marred us.
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by briantext(m): 10:45am On Oct 22, 2014
Dunno
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Nobody: 11:06am On Oct 22, 2014
religion is the worst thing ever happened/still happening to humanity, mankind has suffered wars, violence, hatred, mass killings, most all restlessness of the mind, in the hands of these man made organized religions, the worst part is the deprivation of free life here on earth with the false hope of another slave-like life after death.
whoever invented religion did not have the good interest of humanity in heart.

9 Likes

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by MizMyColi(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2014
By religion, I take it you mean different facets of Organized Religion as we know it today?

Permit me to humbly quip this:

That (Organized Religion) has done more harm than good.
But then, for the "good" it brings, I think of it as a necessary evil that one must overcome on his/her way to liberation, to enlightenment.

#2Kobo'm

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Tallesty1(m): 11:20am On Oct 22, 2014
MizMyColi:
By religion, I take it you mean different facets of Organized Religion as we know it today?

But then, for the "good" it brings, I think of it as a necessary evil that one must overcome on his/her way to liberation, to enlightenment.

#2Kobo'm
Right Behind You.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:31am On Oct 22, 2014
It has definitely marred us! You don't need religion to be good, anybody saying religion will guide you morally is saying that out of ignorance. If you need the threat of "Eternal torture" to be good then you are a bad person smiley. Religion is actually mans desire...They portrayed a "So called creator" as a misogynist, A jealous and heartless being in their holy books. That is actually the view of man.

2 Likes

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Nobody: 11:53am On Oct 22, 2014
Man has made and marred man.

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Ajibam: 12:06pm On Oct 22, 2014
musKeeto:
Man has made and marred man.
Man made man? How? shocked
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Alleinad(f): 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2014
MizMyColi:

#2Kobo'm
yes, organized religion. I cannot see any good it has brought. can you enlighten me on this "good"?
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by mmsen: 12:48pm On Oct 22, 2014
Unchallenged ideas are an obstruction to development.

That is what religion is all about - getting people to accept a narrative for which there is no proof.

4 Likes

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Nobody: 7:01am On Oct 23, 2014
Ajibam:

Man made man? How? shocked

the 1st generation of human-slaves(adamus) were genetically manipulated(in other word, created) by the 'Anunnaki' aliens(scientists) who were on a mine mission to planet earth in the remote past. ......the biblical and koranic stories of creation were extracted from the ancient summerian mythology(which predated islam, christianity, etc with millions of years) do some research and study more i.e if you are not in the bondage of your belief.

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by paxonel(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2014
the problem is not any religion itself.
the problem is not even atheism.
the problem is the heart of man.
all men are evil in the heart(including all pastors and imams in Africa )
.religion seek to address the problem of evil in every mans heart, but men (esp in Africa, because most Africans are not educated, they mixed up things with tradition ) totally misunderstand the religion (the Bible and the quran ) they profess, that is why religion has marred us
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by tchaik(m): 4:46pm On Oct 23, 2014
Scyllapatron:

the 1st generation of human-slaves(adamus) were genetically manipulated(in other word, created) by the 'Anunnaki' aliens(scientists) who were on a mine mission to planet earth in the remote past. ......the biblical and koranic stories of creation were extracted from the ancient summerian mythology(which predated islam, christianity, etc with millions of years) do some research and study more i.e if you are not in the bondage of your belief.

Nice one bros! To spice am up for am; most of the tales were actually from the GILGAMESH EPIC (2000 BC)

They don't even fvcking know the history of their faith.

2 Likes

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Alleinad(f): 3:38pm On Dec 16, 2016
MizMyColi:

#2Kobo'm

What would that "good" that it brings be?
And yes, you were right, I meant organised religion.
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Alleinad(f): 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2016
Just revisited this post and my opinions haven't changed in all this time.
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by GoodMuyis(m): 4:56pm On Dec 16, 2016
A Drug addict or Smoke who suddenly change
A notorious man full of evil change
A law breaker change over the weekend,

Thats religion at work, is IT MAKE US
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by GoodMuyis(m): 5:01pm On Dec 16, 2016
Alleinad:

What would that "good" that it brings be?
And yes, you were right, I meant organised religion.

But why dont you created another topic instead of resurecting a dead Topic.

This is noting other than being silly
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by damogul: 5:32pm On Dec 16, 2016
Alleinad:
Just revisited this post and my opinions haven't changed in all this time.

Are you still a loner and still mad at everyone?
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Anas09: 3:13pm On Dec 17, 2016
Alleinad:
Recently I have been doing a lot of thinking and I decided to present it here for your feedback.
Nigerians are the most religious people, yet the most corrupt. Religion has made a lot of people fake rather than better. it has taught some harmful doctrines, like how women are beneath men instead of gender equality, like praying and doing nothing yet hoping for change to come in our lives and community instead of working and knowing that your actions are a prayer, like giving so much to the spiritual sector while having no single savings, like breeding hatred in families because they believe people in the family are against their progress, like killing ambition by saying its a sin or saying some are destined to be poor so you dont have to try, etc.

in your opinion, has religion made or marred us? Because in my opinion, it has marred us.

You are not sincere at all.
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Anas09: 3:15pm On Dec 17, 2016
Idrismusty97:
It has definitely marred us! You don't need religion to be good, anybody saying religion will guide you morally is saying that out of ignorance. If you need the threat of "Eternal torture" to be good then you are a bad person smiley. Religion is actually mans desire...They portrayed a "So called creator" as a misogynist, A jealous and heartless being in their holy books. That is actually the view of man.
Thank God.Christianity is not a religion.
Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Pastafarian: 3:25pm On Dec 17, 2016
Anas09:

Thank God.Christianity is not a religion.

1 Like

Re: Has Religion Made Or Marred Us. by Anas09: 4:53pm On Dec 17, 2016
[quote author=Pastafarian post=52014704][/quote]
Christianity is a Kingdom.

What is a Kindom?

It is a sovereign rule of a King over a teeritory, impacting it with his will,pirpose and intent.

This Kingdom which is Christianity, we our concepts, philosophy, rules and regulations, ethics, language, mode of dressing, culture, economy, citizenship indentity, provision plan, mode of worship, kingdom protocols.

We have our ways

The Christian Kingdom has God's government and rulership over it.

Jesus says, seek ye first the KINGDOM ... And Its righteousness...

What is Religion?

Religion is a quest, if you like call it a search for something lost.

Religion is a man's attempt at reaching God.

Christianity is God reaching down and taking man up.

Christianity is a Kingdom with Christ as the King ruling over us as sub-kings.

Riligion focuses on rituals, seeking means to appease and please the supernatural for man's basic needs like favorable whether, bountiful harvest, protection from an unknown enemey, security, preservation and self actualization.

Christiianity is rest. Jesus says...

Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?
Matthew:6:25

Our Master has done everything for us. Its just ignorance and disobidience that hampers our dominion.

Religion, preoccupies man and keeps man in trying to work to make amends for the wrongs done.

Christianity frees Man to explore his domain.

Religion takes the Kingdom from Man.

Christinaity empowers man to dominate the earth.

RELIGION is the GREATEST OBSTACLE TO MAN.

JESUS extablished a Kingdom. Thy Kingdom Come, thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

Repent for the Kingdom of God is at hand.

Christ came with a kingdom, not a religion. But satan standng behind Catholicism, siezed it and turned it to what you now call 'A religion.'

This is too deep for you to grasp. Let me just drop you here.

(1) (Reply)

Busted... Shoki Dance. A Name Of A Chinese Demon god / SERMON JOTTERS: Breaking The Covenant That Killeth / What Are The Spiritual Implications

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.