Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:21 PM

Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. (836 Views)

**Nigerian Men Who Are Scared Of Successful Women Possess Low Mentality** / Nigerian Mentality Used In Manipulating Women Into Marriage / Ladies And Aso Ebi Saga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by skazeemabiodun(m): 12:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
You won't know some of your family relatives not until there wedding time.
They show up at that period not for any reason but for the purpose of ‪#‎Asoebi‬ they intend selling. That's when your parent will start the conversation and give you a perfect story of the family linkage.
Same thing applies to some friends. They will never contact you not until they have an #Asoebi to sell for an event.
Lol! Funny Nigerians.
Re: Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by itstpia1: 3:24pm On Oct 22, 2014
well, its not necessarily a bad thing per se if you can afford it.
Re: Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by skazeemabiodun(m): 4:41pm On Oct 22, 2014
Well, am not talking about its affordability but the rate at which we all exploiting our selves all in the name of "aso-ebi"
You can imagine a family getting an "aso-ebi" at a cost price of 1500naira and selling it for as high as 4000naira.
Re: Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by itstpia1: 11:07pm On Oct 22, 2014
Did you factor in transportation or cost of delivery, etc?

not that I dont get your point.
Re: Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by slimyem: 11:42pm On Oct 22, 2014
What are you really concerned about op?
The aso-ebi craze or the fact the exploitation?
Generally speaking, there's nothing you can do about it but YOU can choose not to join the craze and refuse to be exploited. No one can force your hand if you are not interested.

1 Like

Re: Nigerians And "Aso-ebi Mentality. by Kbabie(f): 11:12am On Oct 23, 2014
If you can afford it, buy. if you can't, pls wear what you have to the event. SIMPLE. nobody would ask you to leave because you are not wearing aso-ebi. Weddings without aso-ebi turn out superb. like mine grin. So now, i dont owe anyone aso-ebi buy back. if I buy, its from the goodness of my heart or I like the fabric. How many wey I don buy wey tailor mess up and I no fit wear go the wedding sef. No be do or die abeg.

(1) (Reply)

Help Needed / A Woman Who Got Pregnant After One Night... / Every Woman Should Read These 30 Rules For Godly Women:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.