Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,049 members, 7,821,611 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:37 PM

Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili (794 Views)

Okechukwu Enelamah To Be Buhari's Finance Minister - TheNewsNigeria / Buhari Urges Okechukwu Enelamah To Join Cabinet / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by ifyclose2(m): 1:23pm On Oct 22, 2014
by Okechukwu Ofili
I am disappointed in APC.
As one of Nigeria’s youngest
parties, I was expecting a
Presidential candidate that would
flip the elections on its head and
put PDP on their toes. I was
expecting an APC nomination
process filled with live televised
debates from potential nominees
so that we get to know them better.
But instead APC seems to be giving
us more of the same…
The same pre-hand picked
candidate strategy, the same
Goodluck Jonathan no-debate
stunt and the same candidate that
ran for President in 2004, 2007,
2011 … and is now touted to be the
likely candidate for
2015… Muhammadu Buhari!
Talk about a party of change giving
us more of the same.
In fact the only change seems to be
coming from the largely figure-
head Vice Presidential role. But I
won’t go there for now….
I will go back to the likely (if the
media reports and rumors are
true) APC candidate …
Muhammadu Buhari. A man with
the most Presidential
experience of all nominees
mentioned so far.
A man with Presidential
experience that involves fighting
corruption but also fighting press
freedom. Presidential experience
that involves arresting tons of
corrupt Politicians but
also arresting musical activist Fela
Anikulapo Kuti along with several
journalists. Presidential
experience that saw him wage a
war against indiscipline but
simultaneously wage another war
against government protests!
A Presidential experience that can
only be used if the bad (and the
bad are very bad) can be scratched
off ignored … is who APC is
presenting to us in 2015!
Now, all what I have said could end
up being nonsense. APC might
actually start debates tomorrow,
Buhari might end up not being the
APC flag bearer. But with 4 months
away from the elections and no
debate or challenger to Buhari in
sight … I end with how I started … I
am disappointed in APC.
Okechukwu Ofili is an author,
speaker, and blogger and a The
Trent Elite Voice. Source www.thetrentonline.com/disappointed-apc-zero-buhari-debates/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by kokoA(m): 1:52pm On Oct 22, 2014
And who da fuq is he?!

2 Likes

Re: Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by gregg2: 1:57pm On Oct 22, 2014
The janjaweeeds are getting all wrong in all fronts
Re: Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by huptin(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2014
Nice one OP, i totally agree with you, APC cannot talk like PDP, walk like PDP, conduct primaries like PDP, pick their candidates like PDP, have the ssame corrupt politicians from PDP and claim to be different from PDP.
Re: Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by egift(m): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2014

Is Jonathan the youngest member of PDP? Is Okechukwu not younger than Jonathan, why is he not contesting? Or is Thuggery more rewarding for him.

PDP plan to install IKIMI as chairman in order to destroy APC Primary Elections failed. After 2015, PDP quest to re-install corruption will also fail.
Re: Why I'm Disappointed In APC - Okechukwu Ofili by LFJ: 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2014
Who care about whether you are disappointed or not? If you are pain by the action of APC tell your leaders to revive the APGA one of the legacy of Ojukwu and bring your own candidate and stop masturbating over someone headache. Who did you vote for at the last election when ACN presented Ribadu?

(1) (Reply)

A Strong Message For All Nigerians / Boko Haram Is The 10th Richest Terrorist Group In The World - Forbes / I Am Ready To Face The Police, House Speaker Tambuwal Declares

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.