Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,846 members, 7,810,258 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:11 AM

What Buhari Needs To Do Right Now If He Hopes To Become President In 2015 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Buhari Needs To Do Right Now If He Hopes To Become President In 2015 (400 Views)

Economic Woes: Buhari Needs God’s Intervention —Oba Akiolu / Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / What Buhari Needs To Succeed – Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Buhari Needs To Do Right Now If He Hopes To Become President In 2015 by notepad: 5:00pm On Oct 22, 2014
It is absurd to think that 11 years after he first ran for President, some of the blatantly false myths surrounding Buhari’s persona are still going strong.What is even more absurd is that no one has sat down with him and put together a coherent long term plan to re-align his image with reality.With about 4 months to go before the election in February, Buhari’s team needs to embark on a ‘Get the Facts’ media onslaught ASAP. When I say ASAP, I mean like yesterday.The moment someone brings up one of the many things about Buhari that are blatantly false, that person can be repudiated with the the info that his campaign has provided online and offline.

A massive media blitz also needs to be instituted with Buhari and his surrogates PERSONALLY going on the offense to dispel these myths.If candidates running for local office can produce slick propaganda videos, I see no reason why Buhari who is running for President can’t do same.

YouTube is 100% free, and he can host 10,000 60 minute clips there if he wants, although he should keep the number of clips to 10, and limit clips to 2-3 minutes each. Format shouldn’t be anything extraordinary, he is asked a specific hard hitting questions and he gives a specific answer. This way it’s coming from the proverbial horse’s mouth, and the things his opponents are going to use are being preemptively addressed.

For example:

Q1:

Interviewer: GMB, popular opinion is you are a religious/ethnic bigot

GMB: No I am not, I surround myself with people of all faiths and ethnic backgrounds. From my days as a young man fighting the civil war till 2011 when I ran for President. Here is example A, example B, example C.

Q2 (in another 2 minute clipsmiley

Interviewer: GMB, popular opinion is that $2.8 billion disappeared when you ran the Petroleum Ministry.

GMB: Justice Ayo Irikefe was mandated by the government of Shehu Shagari to investigate this claim and found it to be totally false, here’s why… Gives explanation

and so on and so forth.

Someone now goes online and makes a crazy statement, all a ‘Buharist’ has to do is reply with the clip attached.

Someone in the real world does same, person can pull up the article/advert/BBM group message/etc to show the fallacy of that argument.

Bottom line is that most people who don’t vote for Buhari, don’t vote for him out of fear, not because they necessarily prefer his opponent: OBJ, Yar’Adua or GEJ.

If he emerges as the APC flagbearer in 2014, nothing will change in this regard if the perception the average voter has of him won’t change.

Bottom line, time is of essence and Buhari and his team need to get to work.

written by Mr AyeDee. twitter @MrAyeDee
Source: http://ad76.com/2014/10/22/what-general-buhari-needs-to-do-right-now-if-he-hopes-to-become-president-in-2015/

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwa Dumps PDP For APC / u / Birds Of The Same Feather

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.