Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,204 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:04 AM

Helping A Confused Friend - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Helping A Confused Friend (858 Views)

Are Churches Really Helping The Poor And Unemployed In Our Society Today? / Will I Be Punished For Helping A Friend Win A Pageant? / Helping A Man Who Hates Perfumes And Deodorants On Religious Grounds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Helping A Confused Friend by Nobody: 9:37am On Oct 23, 2014
Hi people, I've got a crucial matter with a friend and I'll need advice on what I can possibly do. I've got a close friend, he was a church-liking fervent pastor-like person whom I and other people in our group of friends look up to and respect as far as spiritual aspects is concerned , even though he could be weird sometimes, we've all come to terms with it
Then about a month ago, this friend of mine started bringing up funny talks like Smoking, Suicide ,God's existence e.t.c. Twas' pretty surprising at first but I waved it off, then fast forward to some weeks after that, He admitted to Smoking, Suicidal thoughts and some other immoral vices, very soon he stopped attending religeous gatherings, and just recently he claimed that he doesn't believe in God or any spiritual matter.
Well, I did what I could do as a friend, Pray. But just recently, he warned me to never try talking religeon to him, and he gets upset over anything about God or his new lifestyle, pls house what else can a caring friend do?
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Alexk2(m): 10:07am On Oct 23, 2014
serious Prayer for him is very crucial but i think u guys didnt pay attention early enof. I'm feeling the pain as i'm typing coz i knw what it mean for som1 to look back in like manner. May God touch and restore Him in Jesus name. He was there for you guys, it is now your turn to be there for him.
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Rhema14(m): 10:52am On Oct 23, 2014
I think i understand a bit of what ur friend is going thru, and i will be willing to b of help in terms of advice.
I will like an avenue to b able to relate wth him directly....u can contact me on rhemaforus@yahoo.com
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by malvisguy212: 11:55am On Oct 23, 2014
bolukaz:
Hi people, I've got a crucial matter with a friend and I'll need advice on what I can possibly do. I've got a close friend, he was a church-liking fervent pastor-like person whom I and other people in our group of friends look up to and respect as far as spiritual aspects is concerned , even though he could be weird sometimes, we've all come to terms with it
Then about a month ago, this friend of mine started bringing up funny talks like Smoking, Suicide ,God's existence e.t.c. Twas' pretty surprising at first but I waved it off, then fast forward to some weeks after that, He admitted to Smoking, Suicidal thoughts and some other immoral vices, very soon he stopped attending religeous gatherings, and just recently he claimed that he doesn't believe in God or any spiritual matter.
Well, I did what I could do as a friend, Pray. But just recently, he warned me to never try talking religeon to him, and he gets upset over anything about God or his new lifestyle, pls house what else can a caring friend do?
please and please, dont take this lightly,this is very serious,believe me,it a matter of life and death,remind him of God power in christ, the devil want to gain him,i have seen this situation more than two times and all of them have died,there was a brother, what you post up there happen to him,after 2weeks,he could not talk nor pray niether can he remember any of us, sadly he died, what am saying is that this incident happen more than two times,bibl say he that confess his sin cover a multitude of sin,heaven rejoice when a soul is being won. Fight the devil through the power of the most high God.draw him close to God, fast for seven days and if you live close to him, visit him at night for mid night prayer, do it for seven days,focus more on prayer point. Prayer make the devil weak.

I pray Almighty God with his infinite mercy will guid him and give you the strenght to wrestle his soul out of the devil hand, read jude1:9 and see how angel michael battle the body of moses without fault.
"jude1:9. But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil
about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for
slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

REBUKE THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU.
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Nobody: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
Alexk2:
serious Prayer for him is very crucial but i think u guys didnt pay attention early enof. I'm feeling the pain as i'm typing coz i knw what it mean for som1 to look back in like manner. May God touch and restore Him in Jesus name. He was there for you guys, it is now your turn to be there for him.
my problem is how I can be there for him?, coz he doesn't want to hear anything spiritual, and elderly counsel doesn't seem to have any effect on him, I really care about his life because he's someone who cared about my spiritual welfare when he was still sane
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2014
malvisguy212:
please and please, dont take this lightly,this is very serious,believe me,it a matter of life and death,remind him of God power in christ, the devil want to gain him,i have seen this situation more than two times and all of them have died,there was a brother, what you post up there happen to him,after 2weeks,he could not talk nor pray niether can he remember any of us, sadly he died, what am saying is that this incident happen more than two times,bibl say he that confess his sin cover a multitude of sin,heaven rejoice when a soul is being won. Fight the devil through the power of the most high God.draw him close to God, fast for seven days and if you live close to him, visit him at night for mid night prayer, do it for seven days,focus more on prayer point. Prayer make the devil weak.

I pray Almighty God with his infinite mercy will guid him and give you the strenght to wrestle his soul out of the devil hand, read jude1:9 and see how angel michael battle the body of moses without fault.
"jude1:9. But even the archangel Michael, when he was disputing with the devil
about the body of Moses, did not himself dare to condemn him for
slander but said, "The Lord rebuke you!"

REBUKE THE DEVIL AND HE WILL FLEE FROM YOU.
the thing is, he doesn't want to hear about prayer or anything spiritual, so praying with him won't work, I've tried praying for him though and I hope to continue
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by malvisguy212: 12:42pm On Oct 23, 2014
bolukaz:
the thing is, he doesn't want to hear about prayer or anything spiritual, so praying with him won't work, I've tried praying for him though and I hope to continue
continue praying,dont let the word of God be far from him,the time he was a christian there must be verse in the bible he love or christian hymes he like, remind him of all this. By his grace we shall prevail.
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Alexk2(m): 1:49pm On Oct 23, 2014
God will teach you, bro...as i read that in the mrng, i know he wont listen to any1 coz he'll assume he knew all and d devil real hrd him.
@ this point, your serious concerted prayers for him is needed....talk to pastors and prayer groups to join hand with you on that...God Himself will touch him and restore him...amen
bolukaz: my problem is how I can be there for
him?, coz he doesn't want to hear anything spiritual, and elderly
counsel doesn't seem to have any effect on him, I really care about his
life because he's someone who cared about my spiritual welfare when he
was still sane
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Debeloved87(m): 2:48pm On Oct 23, 2014
Why did he change was he facing any serious challenge? It happens to allot of people but only those that really have faith in God withstand that evil pressure. Denying God by someone who was once fervent is like calling for death because the devil will take advantage of such situation and kill the person sharperly. So you need to pray for such person and make him too see the consequence of his decision.. Apostle Peter said we have forsake everything and follow you and the LORD made a promise there, but when HE said something harsh and they
were leaving, and he said to Peter will you also leave, Peter said TO WHOM SHALL WE GO YOU ALONE HAS WORD OF ETERNAL LIFE. So tell and talk to your friend also pray for him
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by asalimpo(m): 3:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
bolukaz:
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by asalimpo(m): 3:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
bolukaz:

just show him love. Just b there for him , sit with him, visit regular. Don't pray for him in his presence or try to convince him, in his presence. His mind isnt ready for it. You sound ready to giv up. Don't, just stick it out and pray for him in private.
People respond to love and care, not just words alone. It cud make a difference.
Just visitg, listeng (even though u feel like punchg him ) wen he argues about and cusses God.
Visitg again.
Calling up on him.
Etc. It cud win him over.

But you'll hav to know wen to call it a day.
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2014
asalimpo:

just show him love. Just b there for him , sit with him, visit regular. Don't pray for him in his presence or try to convince him, in his presence. His mind isnt ready for it. You sound ready to giv up. Don't, just stick it out and pray for him in private.
People respond to love and care, not just words alone. It cud make a difference.
Just visitg, listeng (even though u feel like punchg him ) wen he argues about and cusses God.
Visitg again.
Calling up on him.
Etc. It cud win him over.

But you'll hav to know wen to call it a day.
yeah, thanks for this, but the funny thing is that he has taken notice of my out-of-the-blue messages, visits and counsels, and he said it's pissing him off, besides he complained that he was never a Christian self (this is someone who quotes bible, preaches in programs and gives spiritual advices)
Re: Helping A Confused Friend by Debeloved87(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
bolukaz:
yeah, thanks for this, but the funny thing is that he has taken notice of my out-of-the-blue messages, visits and counsels, and he said it's pissing him off, besides he complained that he was never a Christian self (this is someone who quotes bible, preaches in programs and gives spiritual advices)
make him understand the consequence of his decision..... Dnt discuss spiritual things with him, just remind him of where he was coming from,, remind him of where is coming from and where he is presently

(1) (Reply)

The Uttermost Sin God Hate Most. / An Android Application Of Surah Mulk, Surah Kahf And Many More / Pastor Indeed: See How Osinbajo Neglected His Father, Mother And Family(photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.