Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,646 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:42 PM

The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World (1995 Views)

Nigeria Ranks 57 In Best Countries Compilation / Five Countries To Send 8,700 Troops To Help Jonathan's Govt. Fight Boko Haram / Nigeria Ranked Worst Place To Be Born In 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by ducii: 5:45pm On Oct 23, 2014
The Economist Intelligence Unit (EIU), a sister company of The Economist, recently revealed a list of the best countries to be born in 2013—and Switzerland took the number one spot.

The EIU polled people in 80 countries to find out which countries have the highest quality of life and which countries would give babies a “healthy, safe, and prosperous life.” The rankings were based on a series of life satisfaction surveys that factored in 11 different economic, political, geographic, and demographic indicators.

When all was said and done, Switzerland scored the highest with a score of 8.22 out of 10 for its high quality of family and community life, job security, political freedom, and safety. Australia came in second with a score of 8.12. Scandinavian countries also scored high, with Norway (8.09), Sweden (8.02), and Denmark (8.01) coming in third, fourth, and fifth respectively. Nigeria scored the lowest of the 80 countries surveyed, with a score of 4.74.

But most surprisingly, the U.S. didn't even break the top ten. It came in 16th with a score of 7.38—probably because American "babies will inherit the large debts of the boomer generation," according to The Economist. The last time the U.S. took the number one spot on this survey was in 1988.

Because of the subjective nature of the surveys, the index’s ratings are far from perfect—though Switzerland may disagree.

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-countries-to-be-born-2012-12#ixzz3GzH0v4i9

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Yungwhy(m): 5:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Ahn Ahn.... Why Naija go dey 80.
Well, na their list be that , left to me Nigeria is No.1..... Proud to be a Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
So even Syria and Pakistan will offer Kids a better life than Naija??
Did I just see India at number 66 and Nigeria at 80?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I smell Lies

2 Likes

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by ducii: 5:54pm On Oct 23, 2014
Yungwhy:
Well, na their list be that , left to me Nigeria is No.1..... Proud to be a Nigerian

At least Naija make the list e no easy oo
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by stupor(m): 5:57pm On Oct 23, 2014
I sure say 2014,Nigeria go don drop more places.

1 Like

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Theben(m): 6:03pm On Oct 23, 2014
abeg which number Ghana dey for the list?
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by ArtanK(m): 6:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
LOL so Germany is tied with US and ranks lower than Ireland and Netherlands?

[img]http://static2.fjcdn.com/thumbnails/comments/You+lied+to+me+didn+t+you+_b0ea7a838106384ebd3d19cbda7ebbe4.gif[/img]
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by JiggamanGh: 6:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:
abeg which number Ghana dey for the list?

What's up theben? Ghana is forever a better state than nigga area.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Caseless: 7:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
Expect Nigeria to be on the No 1 spot when Buhari takes over next year.
Sai Buhari!
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Theben(m): 7:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
JiggamanGh:

My brother, you know football is the only thing Ghana managed to match naija when both countries are being compared. We are not mates.

Longest time jigga, i can see you always receive a prompt message whenever ghana is mentioned on this forum. While it is great to be patriotic, i believe it will also be sensible to be truthful. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Caseless: 7:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
JiggamanGh:

sharrap! Has IMF considered gayna's request to grant u loan to save ur economy?
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Caseless: 7:17pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:

My brother, you know football is the only thing Ghana managed to match naija when both countries are being compared. We are not mates.

Longest time jigga, i can see you always receive a prompt message whenever ghana is mentioned on this forum. While it is great to be patriotic, i believe it will also be sensible to be truthful. lol
i wan die with laff! grin grin grin
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by JiggamanGh: 9:51pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:

Theben my Eba chopping friend Ghana and Nigeria are by no means equal in football.

No matter what Ghana does, it can't never catch Nigeria in terms of population and land mass And resources. This is the only place Nigeria beats Ghana

What determines a great country. Education system, road network, # of pop with access to electricity, food, water. # of people above the poverty level, percentage of unemployment, freedom/democracy, life expectancy, security, Gini which dictates wealth distribution, HDI.

Tell me in which area does Nigeria beat Ghana in. Ghana is rank above Nigeria in all these areas.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by IfyAwazie(f): 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2014
Atleast nigeria is still in d list.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Theben(m): 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Theben my Eba chopping friend Ghana and Nigeria are by no means equal in football.

No matter what Ghana does, it can't never catch Nigeria in terms of population and land mass And resources. This is the only place Nigeria beats Ghana

What determines a great country. Education system, road network, # of pop with access to electricity, food, water. # of people above the poverty level, percentage of unemployment, freedom/democracy, life expectancy, security, Gini which dictates wealth distribution, HDI.

Tell me in which area does Nigeria beat Ghana in. Ghana is rank above Nigeria in all these areas.
Ghana is only better when population of taxi drivers is the only thing considered
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by JiggamanGh: 10:14pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:

Ghana is only better when population of taxi drivers is the only thing considered

Theben, there are more nigerian taxi drivers than Ghanaian. Even here in America majority of Nigerians are taxi drivers.

Ghana beats Nigeria in every area of development. So I don't really see the comparison. The only area you beat Ghana is land mass, population and resources.

1 Like

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 23, 2014
May God bless my beloved country Nigeria. Good People, Great "Country."
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by MizMyColi(f): 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:

Bwahahahahahahahahhahahaha

Hiohiohiohiohihohihohiohio

Chinflotanjkihadonwupanchee

^^^*that's how I laugh in chinese*

cool
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by MizMyColi(f): 10:25pm On Oct 23, 2014
Theben:

THEBEN!!!

!

cheesy
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by JiggamanGh: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2014
MizMyColi:

cool

Keep laughing but can you refute any of my claims.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by decasey(m): 10:34pm On Oct 23, 2014
JiggamanGh:

cheesy cheesy , in ur dream.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by JiggamanGh: 10:39pm On Oct 23, 2014
decasey:
cheesy cheesy , in ur dream.

Remember these facts about me and you will never argue with me again

1. Whatever I say, I know what I am talking about

2. I have done research on it

3. I have credible evidence to back up my claims.
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2014
Nigeria occupying the 80th position? shocked
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Nobody: 1:14am On Oct 24, 2014
bestestgirl:
So even Syria and Pakistan will offer Kids a better life than Naija??
Did I just see India at number 66 and Nigeria at 80?? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
I smell Lies
I swear, serious lies mtcheeeeeeeew
syria that is an Islamic extremist infested area offer better living standard ke
There is no way syria and egypt can offer more than nigeria presently
angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry angry

1 Like

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Theben(m): 5:07am On Oct 24, 2014
MizMyColi:

cool

Lol, your laughter is intoxicating
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by Horus(m): 5:25am On Oct 24, 2014
This "ranking" is a joke
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by M4gunners: 6:57am On Oct 24, 2014
Yungwhy:
We rock the same boat bro.Praudly naija.

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by RockMaxi: 7:06am On Oct 24, 2014
See what politicians have used corruption and Bokoharam to cause us now. How I wish we are in the top 30. grin cool

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by MizMyColi(f): 7:30am On Oct 24, 2014
Theben:

Lol, your laughter is intoxicating
grin grin
Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by priscaoge(f): 7:36am On Oct 24, 2014
[size=14pt] And my Great Country is the last cry cry cry cry cry cry [/size]

1 Like

Re: The 80 Best Countries To Be Born In, In The World by juman(m): 7:59am On Oct 24, 2014
RockMaxi:
See what politicians have used corruption and Bokoharam to cause us now. How I wish we are in the top 30. grin cool

This is the fault of all kinds of leaders.

But one thing is important step to take, we need a new set of people in aso rock. Those people currently in aso rock are not capable to build a sensible country.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Again, TCN Records New Power Transmission Peak Of 4662MW / Female Nominee Declared Not Fit To Be Minister / Military Under GEJ Recovers Weapons, What Are They Recovering Under Buhari?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.