Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,530 members, 7,819,909 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit (757 Views)

Fashola Heads President Buhari's Trusted Team Of Associates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by nesta007(m): 8:50pm On Oct 23, 2014
Stakeholders of the
Peoples Democratic Party
(PDP) on Thursday
announced the
appointment of Dr Bello
Haliru, a former Minister
of Defence, as Chairman of President Goodluck
Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Committee.
Former Senate President. Ken Nnamani is the Deputy
Chairman and Sen. Anyim Pius Anyim will serve as
Secretary of the committee.
The appointments were made at a meeting of the
stakeholders, held at House 7, Presidential Villa, Abuja.
President Goodluck Jonathan and Vice-President
Namadi Sambo, PDP state governors and party officials
participated in the meeting.
Other members of the committee are Prof. Rufa’i
Ahmed Alkali, Julius Imagwe (Senior Special Assistant –
Youth) and Dr Baraka Sani (Senior Special Assistant –
NSAP).
Governors representing zones on the committee
include Liyel Imoke of Cross River (South South) and
Theodore Orji of Abia (South-East) and Gov. Olusegun
Mimiko of Ondo State (South-West).
Others are Gov.. Mua’zu Babangida Aliyu of Niger
(North Central), Gov. Ibrahim Shema of Katsina State
(North-West) and Gov. Ibrahim Dankwambo of Gombe
State (North-East).
National Assembly members of the committee are Sen.
Hosea Agbola , (Oyo), Sen.. Ahmed Makarfi (Kaduna
State), Rep. Bitrus Kaze (Plateau) and Rep. Salmas
Badru (Ogun).
Federal Executive Council representatives are Minister
of Petroleum Resources, Mrs. Dieziani Allison-Madueke
(Bayelsa) and Minister of Police Affairs, Alhaji
Abduljelili Adesiyan (Osun)
Others are the Minister of Women Affairs, Hajiya Zainab
Maina (Adamawa) and the Minister of the Federal
Capital Territory, Alhaji Bala Mohammed (Bauchi State).
The PDP Deputy National Chairman, Prince Uche
Secondus (Rivers), Benue State Chapter Chairman, Chief
Emmanuel Egbo, National Women Leader, Dr Kema
Chikwe (Imo) and North-West Zonal Chairman, Amb.
Ibrahim Kazaure (Jigawa) are the party officials on the
committee.
Party members representatives are Sen. Stella Omu
(Delta), Sen. Walid Jibirn (BOT Secretary) – Nasarawa,
Ibrahim Bunu (Borno), Rev. Jolly Nyame (Taraba) and
Sen. Aneta Okon (Akwa Ibom),
Others are Peter Obi (Anambra), Mrs. Remi Adiuku
Bakare (Lagos State) and Gen.. A. B. Mamman (PDP
National Youth Leader) – FCT.
Also appointed at Presidential discretion are Mrs
Halima Alfa (Kogi), Nigeria’s Ambassador to The
Netherlands, Mrs Nimota Nihinlola Akanbi (Kwara), FCT
ALGON Chairman, Hon. Micah Yohanna Jiba (FCT) and
Mr Sam Ikon (Akwa Ibom).(NAN)
Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 23, 2014
There is nothing under the Heavens that Jonathan will do without setting up a committee!!!
Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by egift(m): 8:55pm On Oct 23, 2014
Committee after Committee, on top of another committee. Na watin? Nigerians cannot endure another 4 years of Government of the Committees.

Mbanu, we will put an end to this nonsense.
Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2014
egift:
Committee after Committee, on top of another committee. Na watin? Nigerians cannot endure another 4 years of Government of the Committees.

Be deceiving yourself. if you think Buhari will be better, I pity you. I believe if Buhari want to fight corruption as most of you claim should first of all disassociate himself from his partner the greatest corrupt politician Tinubu and some corrupt politicians under APC. from there I will take him serious. APC is just a gathering looking for federal power by all means.

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by egift(m): 9:16pm On Oct 23, 2014
Skillbobralph:

Be deceiving yourself. if you think Buhari will be better, I pity you. I believe if Buhari want to fight corruption as most of you claim should first of all disassociate himself from his partner the greatest corrupt politician Tinubu and some corrupt politicians under APC. from there I will take him serious. APC is just a gathering looking for federal power by all means.

I don't get involved in senseless arguments. Jonathan will be defeated. Break your head, insult me, call APC names, etc - I don't care. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 23, 2014
egift:

Does Buhari not have a campaign committee or team?

If not why not?

And yes Jonathan sets up a lot of committee because he believes in consultation

1 Like

Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by egift(m): 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2014
mikeansy:

Does Buhari not have a campaign committee or team?

If not why not?

And yes Jonathan sets up a lot of committee because he believes in consultation

My brother, even you will know that there is a big difference between a Campaign Organization AND a Committee for declaration. grin grin grin
Re: 2015 Election: Haliru Heads President Jonathan’s Presidential Declaration Commit by Barywhyte(m): 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2014
Its so funny. "Presidential Declaration Committee" containing all key government officials. just to grab a mic or whtever and say "am contesting for this position"

(1) (Reply)

Jonathan’s Govt Not Beneficial To N /delta – Ljaw Leaders / Boko Haram Survivors: ‘how We Outwitted Insurgents To Escape’ / WHO FOUGHT CORRUPTION: President Obasanjo Vs President Jonathan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.