Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,689 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:14 PM

Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up (1394 Views)

Goodluck Jonathan And His Kids At A London Restaurant (photo) / Senator Dino Melaye And His Kids (Photos) / Chibok Girls Survivors, Now In Oregon Boarding School, Share Their Stories (Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by LilPeezy(m): 10:19am On Oct 24, 2014
Mr Segun Adepegba who abandoned his three kids in a
boarding school in Ogun State has come out to state the
reasons he took the action.
The father who abandoned his three kids in a boarding
school, Solid Rock Model College in Abule-Iroko, Ogun
State, for eight years, Mr Segun Adepegba, has finally
come out to state his reasons for taking the action her took
and why he had to leave his children in the hands of
strangers for so long.
The distraught Adepegba who responded to the story
carried by Punch Newspaper, said hardship and his
inability to take care of the kids after their mother left him,
led to his abandoning the three children and promised to
visit the school and pick up his responsibilities.
In a telephone interview with the paper, Adepegba
recounted his ordeal, stating that life has been tough for
him and he had no job or house for him to give the children
the parental love they needed at the time.
In 2007, my wife and I had a misunderstanding and she told
me she was leaving me. I was frustrated and the children
were little. Seyi, the youngest, was just two years while
Titilola was just five.
There was no way I could give them motherly care. I had
no job. As a man, I needed someone to help me take care
of them and that was why my sister suggested that we
enroll them in a boarding school.
I feared that if I suddenly appeared at the school, the
proprietor would get the police to arrest me since the bills
were accumulating and I could not offset them. I really
appreciate the proprietor of Solid Rock Model College, for
coming to my rescue and accepting the responsibility to
help me take care of my children. The truth is this: I was
pushed to the wall. I didn’t want my children to be beggars
on the street.
All these years, I have been jobless. I had no house to live
in. I was putting up with someone. I just rented a one-room
apartment and just got a job. I am not a wicked father. I
really miss them but I am gradually overcoming the
challenges I have been facing. I did not abandon them in
that sense. I can assure you that before the week runs out, I
will visit them.
The last time I saw my wife was probably in 2007 when
she left me. I have been trying to reach her but my search
has not been fruitful. I heard that she is somewhere in the
northern part of the country.

Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by oderemo(m): 10:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Prison is not good for him.

1 Like

Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by Tonitelli: 11:21am On Oct 24, 2014
Finally...
Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by luvinhubby(m): 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
oderemo:
Prison is not good for him.
Pit dungeon will be better for him.
It will take a heartless mother & father to deprive their kids of parental affection for 8yrs without missing them.
Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by GAZZUZZ(m): 12:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
That guy nah real devil.
Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by dnacrystal: 2:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
I don't blame him at all. They were better off in the boarding school, at least they're building a foundation for the future. What is the use of parental presence if they have to sleep on the streets together with little or nothing to eat and no education? Think about those kids whose parents send them to beg from passers-by in the streets, while they sit with their own alms tray too. Any future for them?

5 Likes

Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by GAZZUZZ(m): 3:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
dnacrystal:
I don't blame him at all. They were better off in the boarding school, at least they're building a foundation for the future. What is the use of parental presence if they have to sleep on the streets together with little or nothing to eat and no education? Think about those kids whose parents send them to beg from passers-by in the streets, while they sit with their own alms tray too. Any future for them?

And if the sch used them as slaves, or drove them out what would have happened? If nah to drink garri together it is better than abandoning them. Meanwhile every one has family to call for help when in need, unless he was a very bad person and family didn't want to have any thing to do with him.

1 Like

Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by dnacrystal: 3:06pm On Oct 24, 2014
GAZZUZZ:

And if the sch used them as slaves, or drove them out what would have happened? If nah to drink garri together it is better than abandoning them. Meanwhile every one has family to call for help when in need, unless he was a very bad person and family didn't want to have any thing to do with him.
We're happy they didn't use them as slaves and their father has come out of hiding.

3 Likes

Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by izaray(f): 3:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tnk God he has finally come out, to claim his children back!
Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by mujiboy(m): 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
where s the source?..however he will need to pay for all the money the school has spent on track children.. I doubt if this news is true self..
Re: Happy Reunion: Father Who Abandoned His Kids In Boarding School Shows Up by kemdee1: 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
mujiboy:
where s the source?..however he will need to pay for all the money the school has spent on track children.. I doubt if this news is true self..

It's in Punch newspaper. Ogun state social welfare dept and several others have offered to help the family.

(1) (Reply)

Hustling Is Better , Than Stealing ........... / 10 Reason Why I Will Never Vote Dr. Okezie Ikpeazu For Abia State Gubernatorial. / Gen. Buhari War On Corruption In Nigeria Collapses UK Bank. Must Watch Video.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.