Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,628 members, 7,809,342 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:03 AM

Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election (2253 Views)

Cars Acquired By Ikpeazu For Abia Police / Profile Of Okechukwu Enelamah - Ministerial Nominee For Abia State / Final Result For Abia State Governorship Election. INEC DECLARE PDP WINNER (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by ducii: 3:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nigeria’s Diamond Bank has announced the resignation of Chief Executive Alex Otti, six months after his tenure was extended for a further three years.

Otti had last month denied reports that he has made public his intention to contest for the Governorship of South Eastern State of Abia in 2015. But with elections drawing close in Nigeria, the revered bank chief is believed to have left in time to prepare for the coming elections.

“While Otti is not unaware of pressure being brought upon him by various organisations to contest for the electoral seat based on his hard work, integrity, managerial ingenuity and track record of performance in the corporate world, the bank notes that he is currently focused on pursuing the vision of taking the bank to greater heights,” a statement by Otti’s PR team stated in September.

However, the Nigerian lender in an official statement through its Corporate Communications Department confirmed Otti’s exit, describing his three-and-a-half-year tenure as the brightest in the bank’s 24-year history.

The Bank’s Board of Directors has replaced Otti with Uzoma Dozie, one of the Deputy Managing Directors appointed in March and son of Former Chairman Pascal Dozie.

“We are pleased to announce the appointment of Mr. Uzoma Dozie as the new Group Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Diamond Bank Plc in consonance with the Bank’s succession strategy and in recognition of Mr. Dozie’s wealth of banking knowledge,” the statement said.

Diamond Bank has witnessed impressive growth during Otti’s tenure, becoming one of Nigeria’s top banks and recently classified by the country’s Central Bank as one of the eight systematically important banks.

The bank saw its Profit After Tax (PAT) grow 29 percent in 2013, soaring N6.4 billion ($38.8 million) from 2012 figure of N22.1 billion ($134 million) to 28.5 billion ($172.8 million) last year.

http://www.ventures-africa.com/2014/10/diamond-bank-ceo-resigns-6-months-after-tenure-extension/

Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by godofwar666(m): 3:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
Interesting... U carry our money go dey do politics don't worry God is watching u on 3D cool

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by fairprince(m): 3:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dr. Otti the great reformer and Astute Economist. We wish you all the best in this new course you are charting. You are a hard-working leader.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by deor03(m): 3:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
Abia deserves a good governor. The potentials in that state is too much. 16 years wated can be clawed back with a good leader in place
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by ikaboy: 3:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Todays Quote

“I am giving you the blessing of a mother; the blessing a mother gives to a beloved son. Go and you will conquer. He is a Minister that delivered while he served in the cabinet. Wike proved himself and is ready to serve in a higher capacity. “You listened to me and dropped your senatorial aspiration. I pray God to protect you, lead you and please go on with your aspiration."

.............Dame Patience Jonathan endorsing the governorship bid of former Minister of State for
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by asha80(m): 3:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
he seems to be serious about this governorship thing...well for him to leave his present post for abia political drama he must have some level of assurance.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
He would revamp Abia and liberate the state.

Wish he can join APC - Abia State chapter
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by mirakecrea8(m): 4:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
i dont know him but i have this feeling he is going to do well if only and only if election wont be rigged.................
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by CNNg: 4:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
Abia 2015: Battle of the heavyweights.

Otti vs Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika vs ex-minister Emeka Wogu vs Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe vs Senator Nkechi Nwaogu.

1 Like

Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by bigtt76(f): 5:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
"Otti had last month denied reports that he has made public his intention to contest for the Governorship of South Eastern State of Abia in 2015" @ bolded ....Politicians can lie undecided
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Desric(m): 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
With the kinda wealth I see around Dr Alex Otti, only a good quality assurance from the power brokers could make him leave his current position for Abia state Politics. Otti is mega rich and has some years to go as Diamond bank chief so I guess he really knows what he's doing otherwise...
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by asha80(m): 5:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Desric:
With the kinda wealth I see around Dr Alex Otti, only a good quality assurance from the power brokers could make him leave his current position for Abia state Politics. Otti is mega rich and has some years to go as Diamond bank chief so I guess he really knows what he's doing otherwise...
i am thinking so too....for him to resign from his present post he danm must know what he is doing.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Let me go and check my account balance in Diamond Bank; I want no stories..
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by boneruns(m): 6:05pm On Oct 24, 2014
This man is a quintessential Economist and a Banker. He revolutionized Diamond Bank in short period of time.

I have no doubt he will succeed if given the mandate to rescue Abia state.

He is leaving the Bank amidst standing ovation. A very humble man that went round the whole HO locations, desk to desk, giving his farewell handshakes to each and every staff.

The Bank would miss Otti, and is confident that Uzoma Dozie will take the bank to its journey.

All the best Sir!
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by shizzleStar: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
Goodluck to him cool
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by cupidhero(m): 6:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
CNNg:
Abia 2015: Battle of the heavyweights.

Otti vs Lt. Gen. Azubuike Ihejirika vs ex-minister Emeka Wogu vs Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe vs Senator Nkechi Nwaogu.
nkechi nwogu na cow! she will never rule abia state. even if all the men in this world died suddenly.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by asha80(m): 7:13pm On Oct 24, 2014
boneruns:
This man is a quintessential Economist and a Banker. He revolutionized Diamond Bank in short period of time.

I have no doubt he will succeed if given the mandate to rescue Abia state.

He is leaving the Bank amidst standing ovation. A very humble man that went round the whole HO locations, desk to desk, giving his farewell handshakes to each and every staff.

The Bank would miss Otti, and is confident that Uzoma Dozie will take the bank to its journey.

All the best Sir!
you work in diamond bank?
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by mrofficial(m): 7:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
Keneking:
He would revamp Abia and liberate the state.

Wish he can join APC - Abia State chapter

Arewa party? Which Igbo will vote for someone that forms alliance with Northerners? cheesy

The party he joins is important than his credentials and potentials. That is why T.A Orji is flexing his muscle in PDP.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by GODDYGEE91(m): 7:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
Oboy i de fear people with dis kind face ooo, he cud b a professional thief oooo. Anyway may God help him.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
[s]
mrofficial:

Arewa party? Which Igbo will vote for someone that forms alliance with Northerners? cheesy

The party he joins is important is than his credentials. That is why T.A Orji is flexing his muscle in PDP.

[/s]

Ask Jonathan
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by mrofficial(m): 7:46pm On Oct 24, 2014
Keneking:
[s][/s]

Ask Jonathan

I'm sure you didn't not get the sarcasm.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
mrofficial:

I'm sure you didn't not get the sarcasm.

cheesy
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
I smell potentials
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by ducii: 9:11am On Oct 27, 2014
menabadoo:
I smell potentials

me too grin grin
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by asha80(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2014
cupidhero:

nkechi nwogu na cow! she will never rule abia state. even if all the men in this world died suddenly.
na wao..so nothing for 'women emporwerment'?
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by cupidhero(m): 1:59pm On Oct 27, 2014
asha80:
na wao..so nothing for 'women emporwerment'?
Yes o! Is not about women is about nkechi nowgu,i know all politicians are bad but she not a good person,you can ask any one who knows about abia state. before she went for senate her sponsors met at my late uncles house,i don't know much about her but i know she did nothing for abians.diamond bank's CEO & others can run bt not her.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by cupidhero(m): 2:06pm On Oct 27, 2014
mrofficial:

The party he joins is important than his credentials and potentials. That is why T.A Orji is flexing his muscle in PDP.

oga i would vote for any hausa man instead of voting for any PDP member even tho i hate APC and every other party and their politicians.sometimes i wonder if T Orji is normal or mad.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by cupidhero(m): 2:16pm On Oct 27, 2014
mrofficial:

oga i would vote for any hausa man instead of voting for any PDP member even tho i hate APC and every other party and their politicians.sometimes i wonder if T Orji is normal or mad.
Re: Diamond Bank CEO Resigns To Contest For Abia State Governorship Election by ducii: 3:31pm On Oct 27, 2014
cupidhero:

Really you hate PDP that much?

(1) (Reply)

You’re An Hypocrite, Fayose Replies Falana / Pictures Of President Muhammadu Buhari Visit To Niger Republic / Presidents Buhari And Obama Shaking Hands And Exchanging Greetings (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.