Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,072 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name (3792 Views)

Was Satan By Default An Angel? Prove It If You Think Jesus Never Exist As Angel / Do You Think Jesus Is God? If Yes Then Answer These Questions / If you thinK Jesus Is Not God? Say This Words and See what will happen to you (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jesus Christ is a title not a name. like OTUNBA or CHIEF or ALHAJI or EMPEROR etc etc. even john in the book of revelation and paul in the book of galatians called themselves jesus christ.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Christ is a Title, Jesus is not.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by fijiano2002: 5:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
pls educate the op,Jesus is a name Christ is the title
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 5:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
Jesus just means ' THE WORD ' and christ means ' ANOINTED '. so jesus christ is just a title for any human who is anointed with the word or what is called SEALED
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 5:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
fijiano2002:
no human being was called Jesus. read the book of revelation chapter 19 very well. the bible is written like poetry. if you read the bible and the bible is speaking to you meaning you are understanding it, that means jesus is speaking to you. the bible is Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 5:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
Let them know brother cheesy.....

2 Likes

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
no human being was called Jesus. read the book of revelation chapter 19 very well. the bible is written like poetry. if you read the bible and the bible is speaking to you meaning you are understanding it, that means jesus is speaking to you. the bible is Jesus.
Break it down to their understanding sire..... These nairalanders are lame men grin grin... Always quick to answer with their ignorant minds.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
fijiano2002:
Wait let the OP come and educate you. It should be the other way round

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
MEILYN:
Let them know brother cheesy.....
hehe. its called the many mythology and misunderstanding of christianity

galatians 4 vs 14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. <<< paul thanking the people for recieving him as jesus christ even though he was struggling with sin. like saying i thank you for recognizing me as the erediauwa ukwakolorkpolor even though i am an adulterer and a fornicator etc etc. so despite having some sin that they all know he is struggling with they still acknowedged him and treated him as a man endowed with the wisdom of the words of God grin
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 5:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
MEILYN:
Break it down to their understanding sire..... These nairalanders are lame men grin grin... Always quick to answer with their ignorant minds.
always scoffing. dayum scribes and pharisees cheesy
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:

galatians 4 vs 14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor rejected; but received me as an angel of God, even as Christ Jesus. <<< paul thanking the people for recieving him as jesus christ even though he was struggling with sin. like saying i thank you for recognizing me as the erediauwa ukwakolorkpolor even though i am an adulterer and a fornicator etc etc. so despite having some sin that they all know he is struggling with they still acknowedged him and treated him as a man endowed with the wisdom of the words of God grin
They should come and argue with this grin........ A celestial being, that is what you are sire..... Man did not reveal this to you...

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
always scoffing. dayum scribes and pharisees cheesy
We are in the last days chief.... They are expected

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:00pm On Oct 24, 2014
john 1 vs 1 The Revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave unto him, to shew unto his servants things which must shortly come to pass; and he sent and signified it by his angel unto his servant John: an analogy will be THE REVELATION OF THE OTUNBA WHICH GOD GAVE UNTO HIM TO SHEW UNTO HIS SERVANTS ( THE OTUNBA WILL SHOW THE REVELATIONS TO EVERYONE ELSE, THE DISCIPLES IN DUE TIME ) THINGS WHICH MUST SHORTLY COME TO PASS. AND HE SENT AND SIGNIFIED IT BY HIS ANGEL UNTO HIS SERVANT JOHN ( THE NAME OF THE OTUNBA WHO WILL BE WRITING THE REVELATION ) <<< THIS PARTICULAR VERSE NEEDS SOME DEEP THINKING TO CRACK THAT JOHN IS THE JESUS CHRIST WHOM THE FUTURE PAST AND PRESENT IS BEING REVEALED TO SO AS TO WRITE IT DOWN
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
MEILYN:
They should come and argue with this grin........ A celestial being, that is what you are sire..... Man did not reveal this to you...
i am a fellow servant just like yourself my general. fellow servants in the LORD wink
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
Jesus just means ' THE WORD ' and christ means ' ANOINTED '. so jesus christ is just a title for any human who is anointed with the word or what is called SEALED
Interesting, I understand that Christ means the Anointed. Educate me, in which language does the word 'Jesus' connotes 'The word'.
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
Interesting, I understand that Christ means the Anointed. Educate me, in which language does the word 'Jesus' connotes 'The word'.
revelation 19 vs 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. << FINAL REVELATION OF WHO JESUS IS. THE WORD OF GOD. THE BIBLE.
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
revelation 19 vs 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. << FINAL REVELATION OF WHO JESUS IS. THE WORD OF GOD. THE BIBLE.
Again, in which language does the word 'Jesus' mean 'The word'.
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Rich4god(m): 6:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_(name)
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by MEILYN(m): 6:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
i am a fellow servant just like yourself my general. fellow servants in the LORD wink
Don't mind me sire... Servant I mean to say

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Billyonaire:
Again, in which language does the word 'Jesus' mean 'The word'.
its not a matter of language. its called precepts upon precepts. bible is a puzzle you put together. for example. anytime you see TREE in the bible, it is referring to MEN and not actual TREES. so in your carnal mind you can say in what language does MAN mean TREE. the answer is, in bible language. the bible has its own special language that you have to use to decode it.

mark 8 vs 24 I see men as trees, walking. <<< bible language. so anytime you see tree in the bible, it is bible language for men. same with Jesus. it is bible language for ' the word '. bible is not an easy book to read. you need the holy spirit in you before you can decode all the little nuances such as this one i have mentioned
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Rich4god:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesus_(name)
wikipedia ?
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Nobody: 6:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:
its not a matter of language. its called precepts upon precepts. bible is a puzzle you put together. for example. anytime you see TREE in the bible, it is referring to MEN and not actual TREES. so in your carnal mind you can say in what language does MAN mean TREE. the answer is, in bible language. the bible has its own special language that you have to use to decode it.

mark 8 vs 24 I see men as trees, walking. <<< bible language. so anytime you see tree in the bible, it is bible language for men. same with Jesus. it is bible language for ' the word '. bible is not an easy book to read. you need the holy spirit in you before you can decode all the little nuances such as this one i have mentioned

You wrote a lot there, you sound like Musiwa except that you do not have satellite maps to bolster and buffer your abracabra. Good luck in your school of thought. I will pass.

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
Billyonaire:

You wrote a lot there, you sound like Musiwa except that you do not have satellite maps to bolster and buffer your abracabra. Good luck in your school of thought. I will pass.
ok lets further prove what i said

isaiah 14 vs 8 Yea, the fir trees rejoice at thee, and the cedars of Lebanon, saying, Since thou art laid down, no feller is come up against us. << actual trees are rejoicing or is it referring to men ? see what i mean ?
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by ayoku777(m): 7:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
sukkot:

sukkot:

I think you're trying too hard to sound esoteric and its not healthy -or even working.

Are you saying there was never a literal man or person who lived once whose name was literally Jesus Christ (Yashua Ha'Massiach) ? Who died and rose and ascended and is sitting down now at the right hand of the Father?

So the account of the gospels were written allegorically and symbolically? They didn't happen literally?

So Jesus didn't literally live and walk among us, He didn't literally die on the cross, He wasn't buried literally and He didn't resurrect literally? So He didn't appear literally to His disciples after He rose and Thomas didn't literally touch His nail prints and pierced side? It was all symbols and allegories?

Who then did Stephen see when He looked into heaven in Acts 7v55 -But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, AND JESUS STANDING ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Did stephen see a symbolic or titled figure? Or he saw a PERSON whom he knew whose name was JESUS?

What of this statement by Jesus to John in Revelation 22v16 -I JESUS have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

If I should say to you, "I Ayoku have sent you the items". Does Ayoku not give you the name of the person represented with the pronoun "I" ?

This shows that Jesus is the name of a person. A person who literally lived, was crucified, died, buried, rose, ascended and is presently seated at the right hand of the Father. Jesus is not a title given to anyone anointed with the word. Its the name of a literal person.

And for fringe info; Jesus is greek for Yashua; which is Hebrew for "Yahovah Saves". Its a variant of Joshua (Yahoshua) which is hebrew for "Yahovah is my salvation".

Unless you want to say Joshua was not a literal person too.

And yes, the Person of Jesus is also the word of God (the communication(Logos) of the character of God). Even so Jesus is the name of a person.

And that passage you quoted in Gal 4v14; where Paul said the galatians received him even as Jesus Christ; please that doesn't mean Paul is Jesus Christ.

If Jonathan sent his minister to represent him at an event; and the minister said they received me as Jonathan.

Please its clear enough, he's saying they didn't treat him as a mere representative of Jonathan but as if it was Jonathan himself they were receiving. It means they didn't give him the welcome of a representative but the welcome due for the person who sent him.

Please this in no way proves Jonathan is now a title or that the minister is now "A JONATHAN" .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 9:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
ayoku777:

I think you're trying too hard to sound esoteric and its not healthy -or even working.

Are you saying there was never a literal man or person who lived once whose name was literally Jesus Christ (Yashua Ha'Massiach) ? Who died and rose and ascended and is sitting down now at the right hand of the Father?

So the account of the gospels were written allegorically and symbolically? They didn't happen literally?

So Jesus didn't literally live and walk among us, He didn't literally die on the cross, He wasn't buried literally and He didn't resurrect literally? So He didn't appear literally to His disciples after He rose and Thomas didn't literally touch His nail prints and pierced side? It was all symbols and allegories?

Who then did Stephen see when He looked into heaven in Acts 7v55 -But he, being full of the Holy Ghost, looked up stedfastly into heaven, and saw the glory of God, AND JESUS STANDING ON THE RIGHT HAND OF GOD

Did stephen see a symbolic or titled figure? Or he saw a PERSON whom he knew whose name was JESUS?

What of this statement by Jesus to John in Revelation 22v16 -I JESUS have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches.

If I should say to you, "I Ayoku have sent you the items". Does Ayoku not give you the name of the person represented with the pronoun "I" ?

This shows that Jesus is the name of a person. A person who literally lived, was crucified, died, buried, rose, ascended and is presently seated at the right hand of the Father. Jesus is not a title given to anyone anointed with the word. Its the name of a literal person.

And for fringe info; Jesus is greek for Yashua; which is Hebrew for "Yahovah Saves". Its a variant of Joshua (Yahoshua) which is hebrew for "Yahovah is my salvation".

Unless you want to say Joshua was not a literal person too.

And yes, the Person of Jesus is also the word of God (the communication(Logos) of the character of God). Even so Jesus is the name of a person.

And that passage you quoted in Gal 4v14; where Paul said the galatians received him even as Jesus Christ; please that doesn't mean Paul is Jesus Christ.

If Jonathan sent his minister to represent him at an event; and the minister said they received me as Jonathan.

Please its clear enough, he's saying they didn't treat him as a mere representative of Jonathan but as if it was Jonathan himself they were receiving. It means they didn't give him the welcome of a representative but the welcome due for the person who sent him.

Please this in no way proves Jonathan is now a title or that the minister is now "A JONATHAN" .
too many questions in here bros. which of em do you want answered

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Nobody: 9:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
What surprises me is how these twoddle are averred with all pontification!

@op

sukkot

who is Col 4:11 referring to; a human or an inanimate thing?

Do you consider Joshua of the bible as animate or inanimate thing? was it his name or his title?

Luk 2:21 - "his [size=16]name[/size] was called Jesus"

Who was called Jesus there, a human or inanimate thing?

Is it a name or a title?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by Ajibam: 9:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
I thought you've stopped smoking buzugee?

1 Like

Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by sukkot: 9:40pm On Oct 24, 2014
JMAN05:
What surprises me is how these twoddle are averred with all pontification!

@op

sukkot

who is Col 4:11 referring to; a human or an inanimate thing?

Do you consider Joshua of the bible as animate or inanimate thing? was it his name or his title?

Luk 2:21 - "his [size=16]name[/size] was called Jesus"

Who was called Jesus there, a human or inanimate thing?

Is it a name or a title?
good questions

colosians 4 vs 11 And Jesus, which is called Justus, who are of the circumcision. These only are my fellowworkers unto the kingdom of God, which have been a comfort unto me. <<< PROVING MY POINT THAT JESUS IS THE BIBLE. AND FOR THE WORD TO BE IN YOU MEANS YOU ARE OF THE CIRCUMCISION. SO THIS IS REFERRING TO JESUS CHRIST. AND TO FURTHER PROVE THAT IT IS A TITLE AND NOT A PERSONS NAME THE STATEMENT SAYS ' THESE ARE MY FELLOW WORKERS WHO ARE OF THE CIRCUMCISION '. LETTING YOU KNOW JESUS CHRIST IS A TITLE FOR A BUNCH OF MEN NOT JUST ONE PERSON. IT SAYS ' THESE ARE MY FELLOW WORKERS, JESUS CHRIST THAT IS '

LUKE 2 VS 21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. <<< NOTICE HOW THE NAME IS IN CAPITAL LETTERS ? THERE IS A REASON FOR THAT. IT MEANS IT IS NOT REFERRING TO WHAT YOU THINK IT IS REFFERING TO
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by malvisguy212: 11:42pm On Oct 24, 2014
to know who jesus realy is read colossian 1:15 to 23
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things have been created through him and for him. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn
from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the
supremacy. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his
blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight,
without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in
the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been
proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have
become a servant.
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by paulGrundy(m): 11:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
MEILYN:
let them know brother
cheesy.....
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by paulGrundy(m): 11:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
malvisguy212:
to know who jesus realy is read colossian 1:15 to 23
15 The Son is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn over all creation. 16 For in him all things were created: things in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or powers or rulers or
authorities; all things have been created through him and for him
. 17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together. 18 And he is the head of the body, the church; he is the beginning and the firstborn
from among the dead, so that in everything he might have the
supremacy
. 19 For God was pleased to have all his fullness dwell in him, 20 and through him to reconcile to himself all things, whether things on earth or things in heaven, by making peace through his
blood, shed on the cross. 21 Once you were alienated from God and were enemies in your minds because of[a] your evil behavior. 22 But now he has reconciled you by Christ’s physical body through death to present you holy in his sight,
without blemish and free from accusation— 23 if you continue in your faith, established and firm, and do not move from the hope held out in
the gospel. This is the gospel that you heard and that has been
proclaimed to every creature under heaven, and of which I, Paul, have
become a servant.
Re: Why Do People Think Jesus Christ Is A Human Beings Name by paulGrundy(m): 11:57pm On Oct 24, 2014
[img]god is good[/img]

(1) (2) (Reply)

Does Anyone Know Who And How The Bible Was Compiled / Third Eye Chakra / Prophet Malachi Udorji, The Founder Of Children Of God Healing Ministry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.