Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,439 members, 7,819,615 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:10 PM

Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. (1072 Views)

How Best To Identify A Nollywood Movie / What Are Your Most Memorable Scenes From A Nollywood Film? / "Ebola" Nollywood Movie Is Out (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Diffdeef(m): 7:49pm On Oct 24, 2014
My movie taste is foreign,strictly American/Hollywood. My strong aversion for nollywood movies got my friends/colleagues always jumping down my throat compelling me to try and get a nollywood movie to watch,so I thought I could give it a try by getting two nollywood movies maybe I would like it cos its been long I watched home movies****the whole thing is fvcked up,didn't even finish any of em,the most annoying is it even has part 1 & 2,must nollywood movies have series of parts?? I can enjoy a foreign/Hollywood movie with a runtime of 1hr 30mins and the movie still chipped great sense. Nollywood movie is just lengthy and empty. Fvccck. Comment if you hate nollywood.
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by godoluwa(m): 7:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
no vex oga but i stil prefer watching nollywood movies. watch figurine(nt to learn lesson bt d concept. watch Mr & Mrs, even one old nollywood soap opera titled Hills & Valley etc U will thank me later
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Lovetinz(m): 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nollywood sucks. Correctamundo!
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Guykhena(m): 7:59pm On Oct 24, 2014
My dear OP,you're not alone.
My hatred for Nollywood is just unexplainable,,they've never impressed me once..
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by YungwizzzyPt7: 8:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
godoluwa:
no vex oga but i stil prefer watching nollywood movies. watch figurine(nt to learn lesson bt d concept. watch Mr & Mrs, even one old nollywood soap opera titled Hills & Valley etc U will thank me later

You must be a woman!!
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by YungwizzzyPt7: 8:16pm On Oct 24, 2014
Since I was born I can swear that I've never ever used my money to buy any Nollywood movie!!

Useless storylines, poor acting, bad English, unnecessary useless scenes, fake accents the list is endless!!

when I thought the industry was improving and gaining popularity they came with the new trend of making movies up to part 12 with different titles grin grin

The part that annoys me most is that my wife is soo addicted to their movies!!
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Nollywood is just being over hyped
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Diffdeef(m): 9:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
YungwizzzyPt7:
Since I was born I can swear that I've never ever used my money to buy any Nollywood movie!!
Useless storylines, poor acting, bad English, unnecessary useless scenes, fake accents the list is endless!!
when I thought the industry was improving and gaining popularity they came with the new trend of making movies up to part 12 with different titles grin grin
The part that annoys me most is that my wife is soo addicted to their movies!!
but you watch when others buy?
Re: Buying A Nollywood Movie Is My Worst Misfortune. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
Diffdeef:
My movie taste is foreign,strictly American/Hollywood. My strong aversion for nollywood movies got my friends/colleagues always jumping down my throat compelling me to try and get a nollywood movie to watch,so I thought I could give it a try by getting two nollywood movies maybe I would like it cos its been long I watched home movies****the whole thing is fvcked up,didn't even finish any of em,the most annoying is it even has part 1 & 2,must nollywood movies have series of parts?? I can enjoy a foreign/Hollywood movie with a runtime of 1hr 30mins and the movie still chipped great sense. Nollywood movie is just lengthy and empty. Fvccck. Comment if you hate nollywood.
Guy, what u just said is true, but the category of NW movie with part 1 n 2 as u mentioned is known as old NW movies. If u are not aware of this that means u don't really know what's going on in the industry, quality Nigerian movies AKA new NW are not seen scattered everywhere, they are hard to find. Figurine, confusion na wa, two brides and a baby, half of a yellow sun etc those are the new NW movies, and if u don't know beverly naya, Oc Ukeje, Anthony Monjaro, kiera hewatch etc try to know them and the movies they've acted, they're but the few that made the new NW, visit www.fimvillage.com for more info.

(1) (Reply)

Top 7 Movies You Should Watch For Christmas 2014 / Five (5) Things Indian Movies Taught Us!! / Breaking News : The King Is Dead !!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.