Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,644 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. (1288 Views)

We’ve Located Chibok Girls In Sambisa Forest And Going For Them - Nigeria Army / Jonathan’s Varsities: Buhari Returns To Vomit, Reverses Sack Of Varsity Boards / My Take On Buhari’s 2015 Presidential Ambition - OAM4J (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
Muhammadu buhari was born in the year 1942 and he served as the military head of state from december 31 1983 to august 27 1985. Let me remind you that buhari is older than most of our fathers and most of us here didn't experience his tenure as the military head of states.

Accrording to john F. kennedy: Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.

Buhari certainly can't be the future of nigeria @ 72/73years old and I want us to know that a nation without the knowledge of their past history, origin and culture is like a tree without roots. Its high time nigeria look into the past, learn from it and face the future. Even as the past (buhari in this case) shouldn't influence the future of the nation, it is paramount to know that some certain lessons are to be learnt from the past (buhari gave enough lessons) to make the future a great one.

Nigeria being as a prolific nation doesn't need her past quagmire to make her future a great one.

My father use to tell me "only a fool will fall at one same spot twice". Nigeria has fallen to this same buhari in the past and I don't think its wise to fall again @ this same spot.

Lastly, a 72years old former head of states can never be the future of any nation not even haiti, unless nigeria doesn't want to get herself out of the scary shadow of her past.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by jchima14: 10:18pm On Oct 24, 2014
hmm
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Firefire(m): 10:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
Unfortunately that is the BEST the alleged Progressive Party could provide… maybe?

undecided

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
The word "progress" or "progressive" clearly means nothing to the members of All PROGRESSIVE Congress!!!!!

APC is one huge contradiction!

People are waiting for them to nominate Buhari as their candidate and they will learn what throwing the kitchen sink means in politics!

5 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Firefire:
Unfortunately that is the BEST the alleged Progressive Party could provide… maybe?

undecided
then I'm sorry for them if they can't provide a desirable alternative.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Adrenaline123(m): 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
See what El Rufai said when he was still honest and above board, He said this before the 2011 elections.

Quit presidential race now , El-Rufai tells Buhari , IBB
From AIDOGHIE PAULINUS, Abuja

Thursday, September 30, 2010
• El-Rufai

Former Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has asked former military rulers, Generals Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida (IBB) and Muhammadu Buhari, to quit the 2011 presidential race.

Speaking with Daily Sun in Abuja at the Leadership independence conference organized by the Leadership Newspaper on Nigeria at 50, El-Rufai canvassed the enthronement of a new generation of leaders.

“I have great respect for President Babangida. I think he has done a lot for Nigeria. You won’t take that from him. He has made his mistakes like every human being, but people like President Babangida and General Buhari should just disappear. ***** They should give way to a new set of people with new ideas. Young people preferably,” El-Rufai said. *****

El-Rufai said the whole world is now being ruled by young people and wondered why old blood should continue to rule Nigeria. “Obama is 48 and Cameron is 43 for God’s sake. So, why are we recycling leaders that ruled this country very well or very badly 25 years ago?,” he queried.

======> El-Rufai said: “I was 25 years old when Buhari and Babangida were Heads of State and I am now 50 and they still want to be Head of State. I don’t understand that. I don’t understand that at all and I call on the young people of Nigeria to take their future into their hands and ensure that in the next election, they vote for a new generation of leaders. <======

“I think that we will not make progress until we break the link from the past and just move on. 70 per cent of Nigerians are below the age of 40. Many of these young people, the next generation, as they are called, are on internet services such as Facebook and twitter, using Blackberry and if you ask any of these people running for presidency, they will think that Blackberry is a fruit. So, we have to move away from there and stop thinking that this leadership thing is all about us or all about individuals.

We must put the future of the country at heart and give way to a new generation of leadership.”
While declaring that the nation had something to celebrate for remaining united as one country despite fighting a civil war, El-Rufai, however, said there was a lot to reflect about. “As we look towards the next 50 years, I think the principal issue in Nigeria has been the failure of leadership. We have not made the progress that our human and natural resources entitled us to make and it is all because we have failed leaders,” he noted.

On the forthcoming elections, El-Rufai said the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) would ensure credible elections in 2011. “I have personal confidence in Prof. Attahiru Jega. He is a man of great integrity. He is an honest man, who could not be bought at any price and for that reason, we are all hopeful that he will ensure free and fair elections,” he said.

Source/Evidence

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
mikeansy:
The word "progress" or "progressive" clearly means nothing to the members of All PROGRESSIVE Congress!!!!!

APC is one huge contradiction!

People are waiting for them to nominate Buhari as their candidate and they will learn what throwing the kitchen sink means in politics!
I don't think I have a problem with the party yet except that they will never tell you what they have to offer and the politics of criticism is what they are good at. None of their prospective presidential candidate is worth voting for, atiku's archive is also very controversial.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
I don't think I have a problem with the party yet except that they will never tell you what they have to offer and the politics of criticism is what they are good at. None of their prospective presidential candidate is worth voting for, atiku's archive is also very controversial.

If APC is a serious party they will take a chance on Fashola in 2015 knowing he could lose. He concedes defeat if he loses but maintains his structures and be the opposition leader!

Fashola gains experience and runs again in 2019 and wins!

I don't remember an incumbent President who has lost election in Africa!

In Ghana and Kenya where power has changed parties it is always when there is no incumbent President seeking re-election!

Nigeria opposition think they can go to sleep, wake up on the eve of elections and defeat the ruling party! Just won't happen!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by politricks: 10:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
Are you trying to say Ekiti state also went back to their vomit?.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
politricks:
Are you trying to say Ekiti state also went back to their vomit?.
Well, sounds similarly only that fayose is not 73years old and fayose didn't rule ekiti during the early post-colonial era.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 24, 2014
menabadoo:
Well, sounds similarly only that fayose is not 73years old and fayose didn't rule ekiti during the early post-colonial era.

And Fayose did not emerge after power was robbed using guns to expel the existing government!

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by politricks: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2014
mikeansy:

And Fayose did not emerge after power was robbed using guns to expel the existing government!
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by nakamora: 11:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
I prefer an old man free of corruption to a young man that is corruption personified.'stealing is not corruption'.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by fitzmayowa: 11:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
The constitution is clear on this matter, provided you are a Nigerian...you reserve the right to vote and be voted for provided you are above 18....

Hence i don't see why the age of GMB is an issue here, Nigerians would decided on what/who they want in 2015...#shikena

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by chamboy(m): 12:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Back to this Issue, I just feel ppl r afraid of buhari, that man is Top Notch....... we need a Top Thug like dis baba not all dis silly young n Clueless rubbish
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 25, 2014
nakamora:
I prefer an old man free of corruption to a young man that is corruption personified.'stealing is not corruption'.
prove to the house that buhari isn't corrupt cos everybody thinks he is except from some deluded ApC supporters.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 25, 2014
chamboy:
Back to this Issue, I just feel ppl r afraid of buhari, that man is Top Notch....... we need a Top Thug like dis baba not all dis silly young n Clueless rubbish
my friend listen straight "we have lots of young people who can get this thing right". I see no reason why I should subscribe to government of a former head of states who spent most of his tenure executing people against him. I cannot have a 73years old former head of states who never contribute anything substantial while the great nations of the world have their leaders less than 60.

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by nuclearboy(m): 6:43am On Oct 25, 2014
This is so strange - Why are APC's enemies helping it choose its candidates? If truly you say the man isn't electable and doesn't pose a problem for Jonathan, why aren't you supporting him so its easier for Jonathan?

Something very wrong here

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by major466(m): 10:27am On Oct 25, 2014
nakamora:
Abacha was not corrupt. - Gen Buhari
Do you think Buhari will jail Tinubu if he becomes president?

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Gbawe: 10:36am On Oct 25, 2014
nuclearboy:
This is so strange - Why are APC's enemies helping it choose its candidates? If truly you say the man isn't electable and doesn't pose a problem for Jonathan, why aren't you supporting him so its easier for Jonathan?

Something very wrong here

Thank you. As far as we all know, Atiku, Nda Isaiah and Kwanwaso are still vying for the APC ticket also. What then,other than fear of a loss to the General, can explain the desperate focus of TANdroids on Buhari while nada is said about Atiku, Kwankwaso, Sam Nda Isaiah and others? Why do we see 50 or more threads opened daily on Nairaland, all dedicated to discrediting Buhari, while zilch is said about Atiku and others? Abeg, who is fooling who and why are they afraid of Buhari?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 10:46am On Oct 25, 2014
Gbawe:

Thank you. As far as we all know, Atiku, Nda Isaiah and Kwanwaso are still vying for the APC ticket also. What then,other than fear of a loss to the General, can explain the desperate focus of TANdroids on Buhari while nada is said about Atiku, Kwankwaso, Sam Nda Isaiah and others? Why do we see 50 or more threads opened daily on Nairaland, all dedicated to discrediting Buhari, while zilch is said about Atiku and others? Abeg, who is fooling who and why are they afraid of Buhari?
no one is scared of buhari rather people are scared of his questionable archive.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by jmaine: 10:50am On Oct 25, 2014
The day APC props Buhari as their flag bearer is the day they fail grin. . . . .

I love having Buhari on the ballot paper . . .cool

1 Like

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by jmaine: 10:56am On Oct 25, 2014
mikeansy:

If APC is a serious party they will take a chance on Fashola in 2015 knowing he could lose. He concedes defeat if he loses but maintains his structures and be the opposition leader!

Fashola gains experience and runs again in 2019 and wins!

I don't remember an incumbent President who has lost election in Africa!

In Ghana and Kenya where power has changed parties it is always when there is no incumbent President seeking re-election!

Nigeria opposition think they can go to sleep, wake up on the eve of elections and defeat the ruling party! Just won't happen!

You are such an intelligent man . . . .We share exactly the same sentiment

2 Likes

Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by chamboy(m): 12:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
menabadoo:
my friend listen straight "we have lots of young people who can get this thing right". I see no reason why I should subscribe to government of a former head of states who spent most of his tenure executing people against him. I cannot have a 73years old former head of states who never contribute anything substantial while the great nations of the world have their leaders less than 60.
so u stick to clulessness bah, am sure u don't know what corruption n indiscipline has caused this nation
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by nuclearboy(m): 12:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
Is that intelligence or deviousness?

You
1. get rid of Buhari and you KNOW Fashola, while admired, cannot face the PDP machinery
2. offer a phantom 2019 when you know the north would definitely not support OBJ-HALF Yaradua-GEJ then another Yoruba

We aren't oblivious to these designs anyway.

And since you all hate APC, why the sudden concern?
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by Nobody: 1:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
chamboy:
so u stick to clulessness bah, am sure u don't know what corruption n indiscipline has caused this nation
nope, you seem not to know what tribalism and islamic extremism has cost this nation
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by chamboy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
menabadoo:
nope, you seem not to know what tribalism and islamic extremism has cost this nation
bro u count that over corruption n indiscipline, at first Wat lead to Islamic extremism n tribalism.... if u don't see corruption in it
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by jmaine: 5:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
I personally will love to see Buhari on the ballot paper. .

Appears the opposition haven't leant their lessons that a fire brigade approach will never get them the Presidency.

We the majority with valid voters card will do our talking on the field, not online where the fake electorates linger in futility
Re: Buhari 2015: A Case Of Retrogression And Going Back To Our Vomit. by mazzi: 5:18pm On Oct 25, 2014
@ 73 buhari still want to niger?hmm wonder shall never...old papa for aso rock?mbanu!!!

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIA RISES: Economy Has Grown By Around 6% Annually For Decades / PDP Senators Join APC In Support Of Tambuwal / Why Is GEJ Re-contesting?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.