Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,441 members, 7,819,627 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:29 PM

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship (17953 Views)

IMO Governorship Election Result / IMO 2015-Uche Nwosu Wins Apc Governorship Ticket In Imo State. / Jude Agbaso - Imo State Deputy-Governor - Impeached For Taking Bribe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Descartes: 3:59am On Oct 25, 2014
Former leader of the All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA) in Imo State, Chief Martin Agbaso has formerly returned to the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) with a vow to deploy all within his reach to ensure victory for President Goodluck Jonathan who he described as having performed so well for the country. Agbaso who was the winner of the 2007 annulled governorship election
in the state, however declared formally, his intention to run for the governorship of the state under the umbrella of the PDP in 2015.
At the official ceremony marking his return to the party at the crowded PDP State Secretariat along Okigwe road, Owerri yesterday, Agbaso expressed gratitude to the leadership of the party at the national
and state levels for moving the party to greater height through the many transformational projects embarked upon by the various PDP led states and at the national level.
He noted that it was through the party that he could realise his ambition, stressing that the role he played in 2011 governorship election by championing the victory of the incumbent Governor, Chief Rochas Okorocha was indeed very regrettable.
“I must tell you today that I apologise to PDP and the entire Imo people for bringing in the man I did not know too well to govern the state. Today you can see that he had failed Imo people”, he said.
Agbaso who was a foundation member of the PDP stated that he remained humbled by the reception accorded him by all major stakeholders of the party and promised to live up to their expectations through deploying his weight to bring victory to the party in 2015 in the state. While declaring to run for the governorship of the state, he expressed dismay over what he described as leadership ineptitude in the state and promised to liberate the state by attracting over 120 manufacturing small and medium scale industries that would give jobs to thousands of Imo youths, alleviate the sufferings Imo people, provision of adequate security and creation of agricultural settlements across the state.
According to him, I owe a lot of gratitude to the masses for believing in me and I promise that I will continue to play that role as you have ascribed me. Welcoming him back to the party, the National Vice Chairman (South East) Col Austin Akobundu (rtd) described Agbaso as a political iroko that could not be left behind, as he said that his happiness knew no bounds for the return of Agbaso.
Akobundu disclosed that Agbaso had been given all the necessary waiver, rights and privileges to repossess all he left behind.
“You are coming back to repossess you possession. You have not missed
anything. We still keep you seat vacant and today we are happy to welcome you and give you back your position.
“It is noteworthy that the National Working Committee (NWC) of our party has graciously granted your request for waiver and you are free to aspire to any position you want in the party”, he said. In his remarks, the State chairman of PDP, Mr. Nnamdi Anyaehie said that the return of Agbaso to PDP ended the long search for prominent persons in the state to join, adding that he could then go to sleep since the party had not left anybody behind.
Chief Emmanuel Iwuanyanwu described Agbaso’s come back as a good thing to happen to the state PDP and promised victory for the party in 2015.www.thisdaylive.com/articles/2015-agbaso-returns-to-pdp-declares-for-imo-governorship/192171/

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 4:15am On Oct 25, 2014
How can the purpose of persons coming back to PDP be for mere gej campaign?
Peter obi campaigned for gej via apga the last time, why do they all think they had to shift grounds this time?
Parties without ideologies are the heritage of Nigerian politics.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Bugatie(m): 4:52am On Oct 25, 2014
Welcome back to the fold,
Imo state PDP governorship primaries won't be an easy one with the likes Ararume, Ikedi Ohakim, Emeka Ihedioha, Martin Agbaso and co all in the race

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by lonelydora: 5:12am On Oct 25, 2014
We don hear
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by youngice(m): 5:12am On Oct 25, 2014
SFTG , After the primaries , the wind will blow and expose the anus of the fowl.
Ihedioha VS agbaso
PDP

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by pabon(m): 5:13am On Oct 25, 2014
HMmm...can't say anything yet.
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by ekemit(m): 5:14am On Oct 25, 2014
finally they don dey come one by one.up pdp,hmmmm politician with cross carpeting self let me keep my mouth shut and watch how things unvails.from the special1
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by kenbee(f): 5:14am On Oct 25, 2014
APGA lost it long ago! APC loosing it currently! PDP taking what rightly belongs to them in IMO state!

4 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Descartes: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2014
“I must tell you today that I
apologise to PDP and the entire
Imo people for bringing in the man
I did not know too well to govern
the state. Today you can see that
he had failed Imo people”,
-Agbasolipsrsealed lipsrsealed

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by AJOT99(m): 5:15am On Oct 25, 2014

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Nobody: 5:15am On Oct 25, 2014
kissAll I see here is a chance to be on fp and get likes
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Chidexter(m): 5:16am On Oct 25, 2014
kk
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by zabilon(m): 5:16am On Oct 25, 2014
I don't know sh*t about Imo politics, but this guy has a name of a loser!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by kenbee(f): 5:17am On Oct 25, 2014
Bugatie:
Welcome back to the fold,
Imo state PDP governorship primaries won't be an easy one with the likes of Chukwuemeka Wogu, Ararume, Ikedi Ohakim, Emeka Ihedioha, Martin Agbaso and co all in the race

Agbaso owns it, period!

2 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by kenbee(f): 5:19am On Oct 25, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
How can the purpose of persons coming back to PDP be for mere gej campaign?
Peter obi campaigned for gej via apga the last time, why do they all think they had to shift grounds this time?
Parties without ideologies are the heritage of Nigerian politics.

APGA lost focus under the leadership of Long Red Cap Victor Umeh. Peter Obi only did his best to contain and manage him throughout his tenure.

Agbaso, Peter Obi, Ugo Agbara, Mimiko and GEJ share same ideology but saw them selves in different platform cause of Nigeria regional parties. there exist only one National Party and with these men, PDP is sure to be sanitized!

9 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by fitzmayowa: 5:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Just wondering though...is APGA still functioning in Imo state

2 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by bunmioguns(m): 5:21am On Oct 25, 2014
undecided

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Descartes: 5:21am On Oct 25, 2014
Naija politicians, I hail una o tongue
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by miqos02(m): 5:21am On Oct 25, 2014
people without principles

1 Like

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by englishmart(m): 5:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Apc nko?

I think apc has taken over IMO state (all thanks to rochas adamu okorocha)

5 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by ajoskele(m): 5:22am On Oct 25, 2014
Has Rochas decided to use a single term?!
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by klem93(m): 5:22am On Oct 25, 2014
everybody in support of Jona like say he be God... www.maxist..com
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Bugatie(m): 5:23am On Oct 25, 2014
kenbee:

Agbaso owns it, period!
I have no problem with his candidature as I don't know much about him,
But are you insinuating Rochas will lose to him?

2 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by hrmkz: 5:24am On Oct 25, 2014
Power at all cost.
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Anas4sure(m): 5:24am On Oct 25, 2014
Political prostitute

3 Likes

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by patrickmuf(m): 5:25am On Oct 25, 2014
It's the norm for them, jumping ships like pirates...Mtchew....Abegi gimme el grande Classico jare...Visca barca GGMU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by bornagain1509(f): 5:27am On Oct 25, 2014
symbol of a nigerian politician. Nonsense
Re: Imo 2015: Agbaso Returns To Pdp,declares For Imo Governorship by Collynzo29: 5:28am On Oct 25, 2014
APGA will still win IMO state.
Iheanacho all the way!

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photos From The Burial Of Abubakar Tanko Ayuba / Shekau Is Hiding In A New Location- Buratai / FG, Delta Differ On £4.2 Milliom Ibori Loot Payment, Reps Confused

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.