Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,389 members, 7,812,150 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria - Education (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria (98357 Views)

Universities And Polytechnics With D Most Marketable Certificates / Top Ten (10) Most Marketable Courses To Study In Nigeria / Top 10 Most Marketable University Courses In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by seribroo56(m): 5:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
DIVFAVOR:
please remove chemical engineering, its never a competing course in Nigeria/world, its the least in all engineering course. experience will tell. I will never advice my enemy to study to chemical engineering.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by shellworker: 5:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
Your list is not complete because you did not include PROJECT MANAGEMENT which is even suppose to be number 1.

efedua:
Caveat: This is not based on hard data but on observations. It is compiled by JarusHub editor and 2 other contributors to this portal. Note also that this is not based on who earns the highest salary, but who has potential to earn decent income with his degree. Potential is the operative word here.

Here we go:

10. Mass Communication/Journalism: Mass Communication will remain a marketable because not many Universities do it, but many institutions need it. The downside is, journalism is not seen as exclusive preserve of MassComm graduates, as graduates of almost any course are recruited by news outfits. Yet, the course still stands a decent chance.

9. Law: Maybe the supply is fast outstripping demand and affecting pricing, Law has declined in economic value. However, it remains a Top 10 course. Whether you decide to practice or go into corporate world, or you decide to go into allied things like real estate agency, you still stand a decent chance of earning decent income with a Law degree.

8. Nursing/Laboratory Science: Nurses don’t earn mouth-watering pay, but they are hardly jobless. I see Nurses change jobs like clothes. Hospitals and clinics – private and public – are springing up everyday, and a medium size clinic needs at least 4 Nurses. Some may have as much as 20. Same goes with Lab scientists, although in lower demand.

7. Mechanical, Electrical & other related Engineering courses: Engineering courses generally sell in the oil and gas industry. In addition these courses are also asked for in other major industries.

6. Economics/Accounting/Finance: The good thing about Economics is that it fits into many roles. I hesitated to include Accounting here because Accounting degree alone without professional qualifications is not usually so helpful; however, I included it because I expect the accounting graduate to do the needful of writing professional examinations after his degree. Even without professional qualifications, you can still get a decent job with Accounting degree only in the many small to medium scale firms that require the services of accounting graduates. Finance is another great course. The three courses, sometimes alongside Management and Business Administration, are usually in hot demand, although supply still exceed demand and many graduates of these courses are still jobless.

5. Computer Science/Computer Engineering/IT courses: IT professionals are in hot demand the world over. Nigeria is not different. With special IT skills, your chance is even brighter. The downside is, anybody can learn IT skills, even if he doesn’t study computer engineering.

4. Geology: It is also a course that places you in good position to penetrate the much-sought-after oil industry.

3. Chemical/Petroleum Engineering: These courses have the potential to fetch you the fattest pay check after graduation because the companies that ask for them are those that pay heavily – the oil companies.

2. Estate Management/Architecture/Building/Survey/Civil Engineering: A degree in any of these courses places you in a good position for self-employment. Even from school, Architecture students make money drawing plans for people. We consider these courses the second most marketable courses in Nigeria.

1. Medicine: Medicine may not earn you N500k per month at entry level, but it is the course that guarantees you job the most. I have never come across a jobless medical doctor. The pay may not be as heavy as the Chemical engineering guy in the IOC, but you are guaranteed of better-than-average income as a doctor. Medicine is number 1 on our list.

http://www.jarushub.com/10-most-marketable-courses-in-nigeria/
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by GreatGatsby(m): 5:22pm On Oct 25, 2014
technophile:

Lolzz nah course be dat or curse?

Shay you be vegetarian ni?
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by GreatGatsby(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
butanep:
Education nor join abeg eeEee.

So the lecturer wey teach you nko?.

And even if ur lecturer nr study education what of the person wey teach ur lecturer?

Me never see jobless education graduate sha o
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
ILIDEFI:

Pharmacy is not on ur list? Then ur list is flawed. Not a pharmacist, though.
maybe it should be (11) lol.... pharmacy will give u a profession which is easy to become self employed. a pharmacist would not rely totally on government employment if he/she have the potentials to open his/her pharmaceutic firm/shop. the list is succinct and all medical related courses which are very lucrative are also valued along with medicine and surgery, eg medical laboratory science,Dentistry, and et al. but this does not mean they would obtain same chances of job opportunities as medicine and surgery. microbiology is a disfigured course in Nigeria i.e is a vital profession which could deploy diagnosis, prognosis and other scientific methods to provide cures for diseases but left with less important,and so many microbiologist easily become jobless, while a few number of them may secure better jobs.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:47pm On Oct 25, 2014
GreatGatsby:

Shay you be vegetarian ni?
Lol u would have sent him to zoo
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by spartanian(m): 5:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sepp360:
Though, this list should be relative to different individuals, but i must say dat, BIOCHEMISTRY and MED. RADIOGRAPHY should be in that list... They're much better, more versatile (biochemistry especially) and more lucrative than most courses yhu listed there.
Did you just mention Biochemistry? That course is not marketable in this country.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Klinee: 5:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
debosola:
Here's my own list

.Medicine&Surgery

.Industrial Maintenance/Mechanical/Electrical&Electronics/Mechatronics/Metallurgical&Materials/Systems/Biomedical/Chemical/Petroleum&Gas Engineering

.Computer Science

.Pharmacy

.Geology

.Law

.Estate Management/Architecture/Civil/Building

.Polymer/Textile

.Biochemistry

.Accountancy

+1. Graphics Art

what of optometrist who treat eyes with price tag ranging from 100k upward.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
shellworker:

Your list is not complete because you did not include PROJECT MANAGEMENT which is even suppose to be number 1.

number 1 for where medicine and surgery dey,,,, although project management is a very lucrative course, I would rather place it on number 2 as it is valued with estate management, civil engineer and et al.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Enaburekhanjosh(m): 5:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
Cyriloha:
everybody wants to carry money ooo, economics things

Everyone wanna influence another--------political things
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by winniecool68: 6:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
What about mathematics
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by asamaigho(m): 6:15pm On Oct 25, 2014
imsuboi:
in Nigeria it's more like:

1. Medicine and Surgery
2. Medicine and Surgery
3. Medicine and Surgery
4. Medicine and Surgery
5. Medicine and Surgery
6. Medicine and Surgery
7. Medicine and Surgery
8. Medicine and Surgery
9. Architecture
10. Law

undecided

Civil engineering
Civil engineering Civil engineering
Civil engineering Civil engineering Civil engineering
Civil engineering

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by shezy(f): 6:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
peace and conflict resolution haven't been discovered by most Nigerians.very lucrative,you can work anywhere.even in a church
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by benjsniper33: 6:23pm On Oct 25, 2014
#Team geology and geography#
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
chaloner:
because every average nigerian is a psychologist , cnt u c d way u reason ? ........... Eg : bribery is not corruption ....lol
does every Nigerian know what body dismorphic disorder is or hyponchondiasis is??. my friend go and read more about psychology....
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chaloner(m): 6:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
yhomz093:
does every Nigerian know what body dismorphic disorder is or hyponchondiasis is??. my friend go and read more about psychology....
and did u tink u make any sense from wat u wrote ? Nope : let me educate u , be good in maths den u re more dan a psychologist plus bin a nigerian then u re a great one ...... Shita
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
civil engineering is just too lucrative. ..as a first class civil engineering graduate presently serving, I can tell you how lucrative civil is provided you are practically sound

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:32pm On Oct 25, 2014
I think this thread would have worth FT by now, let suggest it
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Joshkid(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
IYANGBALI:
be fast with your studies,I want to start bringing spoilt desktop to you for repairs in your workshop
Lol, no pee...aterall wat r fwendz for!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Sepp360(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
spartanian:

Did you just mention Biochemistry? That course is not marketable in this country.
What do you know about Biochemistry?

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by abdulwastecx(m): 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
asamaigho:

Civil engineering
Civil engineering

civil engineering and other engineering courses
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:37pm On Oct 25, 2014
chaloner:
and did u tink u make any sense from wat u wrote ? Nope : let me educate u , be good in maths den u re more dan a psychologist plus bin a nigerian then u re a great one ...... Shita
om just saying it doesn't make sense to talk on what you don't know much about shikena
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by sorom4: 6:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
Igbo Engineering and Yoruba Metaphysics are the two most lucrative job. Don't doubt me
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Homguy(m): 6:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
efedua:
Lol..... what about other courses are they not lucrative,,,, elect elect eng., civil eng., chemical eng., etc
A jobless Pharmacist is as difficult to find as dodo in the desert, Bro.

1 Like

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by spartanian(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Sepp360:
What do you know about Biochemistry?
Please can you kindly enlighten me on the marketability of Biochemistry
BTW I am a Biochemistry graduate.
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by chaloner(m): 6:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
yhomz093:
om just saying it doesn't make sense to talk on what you don't know much about shikena
ok wat if I say I wan to knw more , so b my teacher on dat
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
chaloner:
ok wat if I say I wan to knw more , so b my teacher on dat
Google can be of more help to you...
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by MizTyna(f): 6:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
REMMEI:
Why is it that people in this part of the world keeps undermining PSYCHOLOGY..?

I tire oh! My plans when i finish school ehn!
Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
Enaburekhanjosh:

Everyone wanna influence another--------political things
everybody want to eat oil money....petro/chemical things,,,,,, if I dare hala industrial chem. choi I won't get any supporter, let me just keep silent.... but shall I believe that Nigeria will one day along with rapid development in the country demand for more chemist in different field like never thought of(postulation!),,,,, matter can neither be created nor destroy but can be transformed''''''''''''''' #proudly chemist

2 Likes

Re: 10 Most Marketable Courses In Nigeria by stephany007: 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Dentistry and dental surgery is meant to be on that list

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

JAMB Releases 2013 UTME Results, Withholds 12,110 Results / 5 Signs Your Boyfriend Is A Cultist by Excel Ajah / When Will JAMB Result Be Out For 2024? UTME Result Release Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.