Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,937 members, 7,841,595 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:48 AM

UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? (6462 Views)

180k Job Offer (fresh Graduate) Or Paid Master Degree In Canada By Parent? / Should I Accept Or Reject This Offer? / Should I Accept Or Reject This Appointment Letter From Konga Consulting Firm? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 28, 2014
U say 40k? I know someone that was offered 25k in a village, dude has been depressed since yesterday.
Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by fryo4life(m): 2:53pm On Oct 28, 2014
@bolaaliu, your comment is well detailed. But you forget that my friend is very broke, presently. cause his parents believe he should cater for himself as a man now. So what turn him up is not the issue at the moment but sustainability. He needs to earn a decent salary so as to settle down and pay his bills. And 40k salary is too poor. Artisans, traders, plumber earn above 100k in a month. Why should he think low of himself? By the way, my friend studied structural engineering. And the engineering firm is owned by chinese.
Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by crudedude(m): 12:04am On Oct 30, 2014
fryo4life:
@bolaaliu, your comment is well detailed. But you forget that my friend is very broke, presently. cause his parents believe he should cater for himself as a man now. So what turn him up is not the issue at the moment but sustainability. He needs to earn a decent salary so as to settle down and pay his bills. And 40k salary is too poor. Artisans, traders, plumber earn above 100k in a month. Why should he think low of himself? By the way, my friend studied structural engineering. And the engineering firm is owned by chinese.

Have his parents thrown him out of the house?

have they stopped feeding him?

what bills is he paying or wants to start paying so soon?

With rent and food partially solved I don't know which other sustainability you speak of. Let's say he spends 10k as transport he still has 30k left. Or does he 'flex'? is he the woman-type?

while he was/is waiting for a big job to pay all his bills how does he pay these 'bills'?

don't you think a 40k job will offset some of these bills than when he's broke and jobless?

The 40k job is not the destination. Its not even a bus stop. Its a pathway to a dream. He should think along this line.

1 Like

Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Jan 03, 2015
I think the guy should take the job and continue his job hunt
And also save up it doesn't matter how small the money is.
The most important thing is that if he want that 40k to give him 4m
he can do it. Oluwa da ur side.
Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by Googleus(m): 11:58am On Jan 04, 2015
that's why i loved this country...
we no send,
our leaders no send us and we no send them too, we no send ....we no send ur Mr tokunbo
Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jan 04, 2015
Basildvalour:
Take the job, grab the experience, give in ur best, watch and see if the company will increase the pay and at the same time, start up a small venture as well as continue submitting application for other job openings.

"An idle man is the devil's workshop", they would say.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
An idle mind is the devil's workshop
Re: UK Master Degree Holder Got A 40k Job; Accept Or Reject? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 04, 2015
Basildvalour:
Take the job, grab the experience, give in ur best, watch and see if the company will increase the pay and at the same time, start up a small venture as well as continue submitting application for other job openings.

"An idle man is the devil's workshop", they would say.

××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××
An idle mind is the devil's workshop

(1) (2) (Reply)

Massive Nestle Recruitment For Graduate Nutrition Advisors In Jos, Lagos, Kogi / Graduate Sales Recruitment At Sterling Bank (who Got This) / Does Anyone Have Info About This Company. Integrated Corporate Services Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.