Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,763 members, 7,955,906 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 06:17 PM

Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One (610 Views)

Congratulations To President Elect, Mohammadu Buhari / General Mohammadu Buhari Leads President Jonathan In New Poll / Lazarus Muoka Of Chosen Prays for Jonathan (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One by AFOOooo(m): 10:23am On Oct 25, 2014
As we are getting prepared for 2015, I consider it imperative to make open my choice of candidate for the President of our country. in previous articles I have made clear that the current president and his party as in 2011 will not get my support because they have once again failed in their electoral promises to the nation. Let me quickly make clear that decision to support a candidate and/or party since 1999 has been solely on issues; From Falae 1999 Obasanjo2003, Yardua2007 and Ribadu 2011 were all decision made on issues without consideration for ethnic and/or religion bigotry
For instance Ribadu was choosen ahead of GEJ in 2011 despite the overwhelming goodluck campaigns because I was convinced Jonathan didnt have a plan for us. I believed a president who had the understanding of Nigeria problem would have pushed for a reformed system rather than an election that year. I believed the president had a golden opporrunity to correct the politiacal annomalies that made political offices attractive to lowly rated intellectuals and political mongers and must be willing to sacrifice any other ambition in the country. For him not to recognise this, I knew Jonathan certainly had not thought. For Buhari, I believed Ribadu was an improved version of him with better understanding of modern developments and polished personality that could be of international recognition. I also considered the fact that Jonathan was a leader of circumstance without substantiative dream.

Today our country is worse. The rate of unemployment has risen, education has hit its all time low, no improvement on power supply despite reforms after reforms and interjection of several legal and illegal funds, no landslide provision of infrastructure and basic amenities even roads are being constructed as if they are special gift from the gods Most importantly the biggest monster sucking this country dry which is corruption has grown from feathers to wings in the past four years. Ecomnomic fugitive are getting liberated day by day while the majority of our people are futher pushed into the pit of penury. The truth is we are at liberty to squarely place this blame on the door steps of the president and his party because only the federal government have the constitutional might to make life changing policies and effect them. They control all the resources available, control the land, sea and airspace. They control the army, police and other paramilitary bodies including the whopping number of youths within their reach through NYSC. These institutions and bodies are directly linked to basic responsibilty of government which is the provision of welfare ( basic infrastructure and social amenities) and security for the people. Yet this president and his party has failed to provide any of these. In my estate (which is not peculiar) we are only lucky if we have light 6 hours in two day, usually its a day on and a day off, then they take and bring light at will for the supposedly on day. I have a neigbour who rarely bother to switch off his generator set when they on the light.

What about roads? Lagos-Ibadan is still a tall dream. Benin-Ore is night mare, what of Kogi Lokoja, we heard about 2nd Niger brigde, Lagos-Abeokuta is a shame, same as Ijebu Ode, Ikorodu road ( just to memtion the ones I plied in recent time) the water ways are opprtunities ignored. The rails are in shambles Education has failed completely and the few ones that managed to go through school are living in the trauma of unemployment. Let me do with a little statistics. I have about 8 friends we graduated in 2008/2009 One has first class, 3 had 2nd class upper and the other had 2nd class lower. Today two of us have moved abroad just to study which is an indication of not being gainfully employed. Two are totally unemployed, one employed as a contract staff and others are employed with no job security or finacial freedom.So it is for friends of friends, neigbours, their friends and family. When I did my masters in 2012, 80% of the students in a professional master class with ave age of 35 are unemployed and still being sponsored by someone other than them. From among my friends we have tried businesses from our individual interest as means of survival ( transport, fishery, poultry, viewing center, petty trading and coching classes) almost all have failed for lack of government support through policy making and provision of social amenities such as power).

It is not as if the purpose of government can only be accomplished by genius, they are like every other living parametals that require steadfasness, commitment and determination. It is just by doing the simple things the simple ways but for our mindset, these things have become so difficult. The system is porus and discouraging for the emacipation of decent ideas which is why we need more than any other things a leader that will reform us as a people, re invent our beliefs and inspire our ways of life into ordaliness. More than ever before we need the national rebirth and no other person comes to mind than the General himself.

I m impressed with the issues related ideology Atiku has introduced into this 2015 campaign and it is tempting to think of him as a president with that roboustness for economic reform but I m particularly not encouraged by his volatility at every little provocation. His kind of international showmanship is one area A Buhari is lacking, then ot will be too risky to hope Atiku would just do the needful of curbing corruption without which no reform can mainfest in this country. Most importantly I will expect APC to chose from among the old miners rather than those who shift loyalty with ease. This alone is enough to disqualify others like Kwankwaso and Tanbuwal whom we all know is in APC in spirit.

For the avoidance of doubt, I am not naive to think Buhari is the best candidate for 2015 but religion, ethnicity and the arrogance of the north to the presidential power have made him the best choice. Ordinarily a ticket like Fashola/Nda Issah would not just have been the best but a winning ticket that would have introduced another dimention to Nigeria politics. A Muslim Southerner/Christian Northerner would have been a fascinating killer ticket with an assurance for performance and guarantee for formidable leadership. As it stands, my preffered combination is Fashola whom I consider to be the brightest brain in our contemporarry political life but religion uproar might just be inevitable. However, APC can choose to be daring because the Christian majority of South east and South south would still vote Jonathan irrespective of who Buhari's vice is. So I think of the Christian minority in the north. If APC can be daring, creative and hard working, it is a ticket that worth the south westerners' vote. In a free and fair election, even if Rivers vote for Jonathan, as long as Kano is able to give Buhari 75% of its vote, South west will be the decider come 2015 because it is the only region who is likely to vote outside ethnic and/or religion bias.

For the records, my expectation of the next Nigerian president is to fight corruption to standstill so that our commonwealth can be evenly distributed, reposition our resources esp crude oil for better management, Deliver for us stable and consistent power supply, overhaul restructor and redefine our educational sector from foundation to professional and make our lives and properties safe from danger and tribulation. Buhari is a figure who practically fits my expectation of the next four years; He was the president who fought corruption, the minister who managed the petroleum ministry, The coordinator of educational trust fund and the general who kept this country safe. It occurs to me that even if the presidential might decides to rig 2015 for itself, The followership a Buhari commands might just be sufficient to win the opposition some fedrating advantage as I can see them winning either or both wings of the national assembly. He will so get my total support ( including financial support) for the very first time in his political endeavour of almost two decades.

Afolabi Fakayode
Lagos.
Re: Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One by alabiyemmy(m): 10:30am On Oct 25, 2014
Una don start
Re: Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One by yousee(m): 10:53am On Oct 25, 2014
Emm, Mr Afolabi, is this Buhari a football coach? because there is only one Mourinho who calls himself the special one.

This one that you are calling the chosen one, hmm, abeg him don win champions League abi world cup?
Re: Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One by JEITO: 12:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
yousee:
Emm, Mr Afolabi, is this Buhari a football coach? because there is only one Mourinho who calls himself the special one.

This one that you are calling the chosen one, hmm, abeg him don win champions League abi world cup?
actually, the chosen one na David Moyes grin grin
Re: Mohammadu Buhari - The Chosen One by AFOOooo(m): 1:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
yousee:

Lol; google can help you with the search, just use the key words

(1) (Reply)

# BREAKING : Presidency Withdraws #tambuwal 's # Security Details / Dangote Don Reduce Cement Price To #1000 / Explosion Rocks Yobe Assuicide Bomber Strikes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.