Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,124 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! (1002 Views)

My Tecno H5 Refuse To Do Factory Reset / Factory Reset Code For Tecno T9 / Code For Flashing Your Nokia Phones (note: Not Factory Reset) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by ladylaurel(f): 11:34am On Oct 25, 2014
I ve been faciing the problem of storage space running out for a long time now. I've deleted almost all apps and the problem persist. Now I'm thinking of of factory reset. I don't want to root the phone because I'm not an engineer and know nothing about ROM n RAM. My phone is Techno F7. Can someone pls help me out. I can't even take a picture.
If I eventually factory reset the phone, what am I to expect? Please help!
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by abdulaz: 11:50am On Oct 25, 2014
For problems like this I usually recommend titanium backup, which is for rooted phones though. follow this simple steps to see if it might work the magic. First go to settings, apps, slide the phone to the right to view all your installed apps. Select the apps having large data sizes one after the other by first clearing the cahes followed by moving the app to your SD card.
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by Nobody: 11:51am On Oct 25, 2014
I'd advice you back up nd restore
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by ladylaurel(f): 12:35pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hordunlarmy:
I'd advice you back up nd restore
Can apps be backed up, and how?
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by ladylaurel(f): 1:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
ladylaurel:
I ve been faciing the problem of storage space running out for a long time now. I've deleted almost all apps and the problem persist. Now I'm thinking of of factory reset. I don't want to root the phone because I'm not an engineer and know nothing about ROM n RAM. My phone is Techno F7. Can someone pls help me out. I can't even take a picture.
If I eventually factory reset the phone, what am I to expect? Please help!
I ve done the factory reset and my phone is all new now. Thanks to all that viewed or responded.
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by AmazingSolutnz(m): 10:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
ladylaurel:

I ve done the factory reset and my phone is all new now. Thanks to all that viewed or responded.
I've got an F7 that tends to behave this like... did you do a back up before the reset? Using what tools/apps?
Could help out a few others that may be having similar issues.
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by ladylaurel(f): 7:51am On Oct 26, 2014
AmazingSolutnz:

I've got an F7 that tends to behave this like... did you do a back up before the reset? Using what tools/apps?
Could help out a few others that may be having similar issues.

Yes, I transfered all my contacts from phone to sim, then I tick the back up my data and the Autaomatic restore. Although I lost all d apps I downloaded by myself, it is all good because I can now download the important ones again. I was scared initially but when I checked, I found out that I really didn't loose much, since I can get them back.

1 Like

Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by AmazingSolutnz(m): 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
ladylaurel:

Yes, I transfered all my contacts from phone to sim, then I tick the back up my data and the Autaomatic restore. Although I lost all d apps I downloaded by myself, it is all good because I can now download the important ones again. I was scared initially but when I checked, I found out that I really didn't loose much, since I can get them back.
Thanks a lot, highly appreciate.
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by Nobody: 7:05am On Oct 27, 2014
AmazingSolutnz:

Thanks a lot, highly appreciate.
well i once used htc desire nd u can actually backup ur app to ur memory card, u jxt have to download the app i tink its (backupro) den reset. After reseting, d backup app will be cleared to xo u jxt av to download the app again nd restore ur apps
Re: Should I Factory Reset? Help!!! by AmazingSolutnz(m): 5:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Hordunlarmy:
well i once used htc desire nd u can actually backup ur app to ur memory card, u jxt have to download the app i tink its (backupro) den reset. After reseting, d backup app will be cleared to xo u jxt av to download the app again nd restore ur apps
Good to know that. I'll check for back up apps accordingly. Highly appreciate.

(1) (Reply)

Browse Internet Free For 1 Year / How Do I Use A Usb To Connect A Computer's Network Access To My Phone? / Apple Surpasses Google To Reclaim Title Of World's Most Valuable Brand

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.