Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,668 members, 7,955,429 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:22 AM

Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment (558 Views)

Buhari Swears In New Permanent Secretaries / Jonathan Swears In New Ministers (Photos) / GEJ Has Done Nothing To Warrant His Impeachment - Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment by Gamechanger: 2:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Gbenga Ariyibi, Ado Ekiti

Ekiti State Gover-nor, Mr Ayo Fayose yesterday stunned the people of the state when he swore in as a judge of the state the man who in 2006 headed his impeachment panel.

Fayose equally announced the promotion of an official of the state Ministry of Justice,Mr Lawrence Ojo who signed his warrant of arrest papers at Ikoyi Prisons during his murder case to position of Acting Permanent Secretary in the Ministry.Ayodele-Fayose

Speaking during the official swearing in ceremony of Justice Bamidele Omotoso, the governor said he went against some of his supporters who felt he should take his pound of flesh.

Omotoso,an Ado Ekiti based legal practitioner, was cleared by the National Judicial Council (NJC) to be made a judge in the state but was refused to be sworn in by the regime of Dr. Kayode Fayemi led government.

Fayose said the inauguration of Omotosho as a judge after two years of being cleared for the post by the National Judicial Council, was a demonstration of a forgiving spirit.

“Few days after my inauguration, some people came to me and reminded me of the role played by Omotoso during my impeachment saga. They said I should not swear him in as a judge of the state High Court

“I am not here to revenge,vengeance belongs to God.
Re: Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment by Gamechanger: 2:29pm On Oct 25, 2014
Source: vanguard
Re: Fayose Swears In Judge Who Headed His Impeachment by flylykace: 2:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Gamechan
Fayose said the inauguration of Omotosho as a judge after two years of being cleared for the post by the National Judicial Council, was a demonstration of a forgiving spirit.
“I am not here to revenge,vengeance belongs to God.

If there is no sin there will be no forgiveness
No permanent friend in politics
No permanent enemy also in politics

(1) (Reply)

Astronomical Rise In Electronic Financial Transactions / Chinese Firm To Construct New Power Grid – FG / How Gov Theodore Orji Saved My Son— Ngozi Abochi Tom.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.