Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,092 members, 7,818,277 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:43 AM

Business Gurus And Distributors, Please Help Me Oo - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Business Gurus And Distributors, Please Help Me Oo (668 Views)

Looking For Data Gurus And Analysts / Getting A Job Is Hard In This Country Oo( ladies pls be careful) / Standard Chartered Bank/union Bank Ph Collecting Cv Hurry Oo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Business Gurus And Distributors, Please Help Me Oo by KAYCEEJUNIOR(m): 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2014
Am Charles, I humbly need advice or contribution that will aid my research. please someones job is on the Line.

I went for an interview with one International manufacturing company, after the regerous questions from the white guys, a particular question came up from the marketing manager which is “ what strategy will You employ to help the company get a handful of distributors and agents?" I said promotional strategy, exibition strategy(trade fair), pricing strategy which I elucidated more... .but he told me that he ain't convienced and am not ready to answer the question, they gave me an email adress and told me to forward the answer their, then before Monday, they will decide my fate.
I've cracked my brain and did some internet research but no findings. I intend to go for market research to meet distributors and ask them some basic questions but its raining heavily here and not sure it will ever stop today, tomorrow is Sunday and I just have today to conclude and get my findings right.

Please house, distributors, business gurus and developers help me out.

Which strategy can a marketer use to get prospective distributors and agents for a company

1 Like

Re: Business Gurus And Distributors, Please Help Me Oo by Godmother(f): 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2014
You can't just say promotional method and leave it at that. what type of promotional; is it through advertising, giving out free samples, word of mouth, using bulk sms and emails, which? Pls break it down.

Also state how you plan on carrying out these activities, what is required in terms of finance and output and what the expected result will be.

1 Like

Re: Business Gurus And Distributors, Please Help Me Oo by insidifyguru: 6:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
KAYCEEJUNIOR:
Am Charles, I humbly need advice or contribution that will aid my research. please someones job is on the Line.

I went for an interview with one International manufacturing company, after the regerous questions from the white guys, a particular question came up from the marketing manager which is “ what strategise will You employ to help the company get a handful of distributors and agents?" I said promotional strategise, exibition strategy(trade fair), pricing strategy which I elucidated more... .but he told me that he ain't convienced and am not ready to answer the question, they gave me an email adress and told me to forward the answer their, then before Monday, they will decide my fate.
I've cracked my brain and did some internet research but no findings. I intend to go for market research to meet distributors and ask them some basic questions but its raining heavily here and not sure it will ever stop today, tomorrow is Sunday and I just have today to conclude and get my findings right.

Please house, distributors, business gurus and developers help me out.

Which strategise can a marketer use to get prospective distributors and agents for a company

In addition to what @Godmother said, you need to state clearly and explicitly what methods you intend to use in getting the company credible and functional distributors and agents. Just like @Godmother said,you weren't clear enough on the strategies you stated during your interview was why they weren't convinced.

In the mail you'll be sending to them on Monday,do well to
1. State a step-by-step, believable, process that you will use in recruiting distributors and agents for the company. I say 'believable' because your potential employers will know if you are just saying sweet nothings to them. Let your steps be factual and brutally real. That way, they'll know you've done your homework.

2. Never give figures or quotas that you know are unrealistic and bogus. Believe me, your potential employers will know and that's the end.

3. Your financial breakdown of what you need to achieve 1 above must be top-notch. State what means you will use and state how much each step of the means will cost.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you need further clarifications please. #Insidify

P.S: I also noticed in the body of your post a couple of grammatical errors such as 'strategise' instead of 'strategies.' Kindly endeavour to proofread the final mail you'll be sending come Monday and also have a friend you know is sound grammatically to proofread for you. This is very important please.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Graduate Internship Programme / Your Connection Is Needed...help A Brother. / Peace Corp Member

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.