Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,150 members, 7,953,560 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:00 PM

I Need Your Advice - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / I Need Your Advice (694 Views)

Your Advice: Lecturing Or Banking Job. / Nigerian Graduates In The Uk:pls,i Need Your Advice -should I Go Back To The Uk? / Nnpc- I Need Your Advice (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:01pm On Oct 28, 2014
My fellow nairalanders,i need your advice please.
I worked with this man,he is a civil engineer,when he was about employing me then,he promised me heaven on earth,because i was introduced to him by his friend and he took me like his own child.There was a contract we were waiting for back then around 2009,and he promised to give me some percentage after we are through with the contract and even send me abroad to further with my education.But to my utmost surprise,he didn't involve me in the job again when he started it,i'm in lagos and the job is in osun,they started early this year,imagine,after waiting for over 4years with them,but thank God i'm working in a construction company presently,the pay isn't that much,promised it will be increased with time.but presently i need some cash to get some things done(personal issues though),i don't know if it will be a good idea to ask the engineer(or my former boss) for financial assistance.Hope it won't look kinda awkward.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
Teebest82:
My fellow nairalanders,i need your advice please.
I worked with this man,he is a civil engineer,when he was about employing me then,he promised me heaven on earth,because i was introduced to him by his friend and he took me like his own child.There was a contract we were waiting for back then around 2009,and he promised to give me some percentage after we are through with the contract and even send me abroad to further with my education.But to my utmost surprise,he didn't involve me in the job again when he started it,i'm in lagos and the job is in osun,they started early this year,imagine,after waiting for over 4years with them,but thank God i'm working in a construction company presently,the pay isn't that much,promised it will be increased with time.but presently i need some cash to get some things done(personal issues though),i don't know if it will be a good idea to ask the engineer(or my former boss) for financial assistance.Hope it won't look kinda awkward.

If you guys are close, I am of the opinion that it's not bad to ask.
You don't need to hold any grudge with him. Reality of life is what you have experienced. Thank God you have something else at least.
Means you have up to four years experience in your field. Then life will be better soon.
However, if it will make you so uncomfortable asking him then don't and look for help else where.
I believe personally that when one needs help urgently then it is only right that you ask.
If he assists cool and if he doesn't cool.
Remain his friend... Life goes on.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 28, 2014
if the issue is so pressing, why not?? if you had a good relationship with him bk then, he may not hesitate. .. Did you quit the job formally or you just disappeared? cos if you didn't quit professionally, it may be hard getting help from him....

Again, what about your relatives, can't they help?
Goodluck
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
@Nairamode and marvelousGo.........you guys are lovely,really appreciate your comments.I didn't quit and we didn't have any disagreement..he was the one that didn't call me when the project started.It was his friend that introduced me to him that made me know that they have started the project already.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
Teebest82:
@Nairamode and marvelousGo.........you guys are lovely,really appreciate your comments.I didn't quit and we didn't have any disagreement..he was the one that didn't call me when the project started.It was his friend that introduced me to him that made me know that they have started the project already.

I suppose when the project started you could have called to remind him of the agreement.
Anyway it's good you guys didn't burn any bridges.
You will come around what next to do.
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
Just like Naira said, you should have reminded him when you got the info that he already strted the project..

That aside, ask him for the money but make sure what you're investing the money into is worthwhile and you can be able to pay bk....

if left to predict the outcome, I would say his response will be negative because if he actually holds you in high regard, he would hv called you when the project started since both of you were involved from the onset. ....but you never can tell anyway. ...

again, success smiley
Re: I Need Your Advice by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
Thanks guys....

(1) (Reply)

Abuja Only / Share Your First Job Experience / Do You Think This Is Really True?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.