Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,199 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:38 AM

... - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ... (6141 Views)

Please He Needs Your Advise Urgently. Don't Ignore / Pls I Need Your Advise on these uk universities. / Schools Report Finds ‘jaw-dropping’ Gap For Black Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

... by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 25, 2014

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ... by idu1(m): 11:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
My babe, that guy is on his way to become a millionaire. Seun, bill gate nd many more r dropouts but today they rule the world............the guy is too brilliant to stay in nigerian university nd b cramming unrealistic theory that cannot change the price of garri in united of AFRICA. Please, let him follow his dreams............

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by chiboy429(m): 11:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
Well hadzy,since you have notice and realised his newly developed trait ,first and foremost you dont need to be over reactive about this issue or better say forcefull if you must arrive at a very realistic result ,.

What do i mean ,take it gently .try to know the root cause of his new change, having known that though may sound easy ,but if you take appropriate approach i believe he will feel free to let you know ,.
Then again,try to let him know one thing ,giving up or droping at this level is cowardice ,encourage him to atleast get the degree even if he wouldnt want to use it any more ,who knows tomorrow, so as to show that all the stress,the resources ,energy and time that he has commited right from yearone will not just be wasted like that . So many promising people /students has been yearning for a chance to be in the higher institution but couldnt due to one reason or the other.

He has reasons ,no doubt . Am not trying to imply that our destiny or success is solely based on bsc or whatever degree one is pursueing ,not every one will have a degree before he can put food on the table ,so many instances has prooved that wrong

So on a serious note hadizy,try as much as you can for him to see the reason to atleast complete and get his certificate it is very very essential no ,matter how serious his conviction may because it will be a foolhardy after geting to this lenght and quit. Takke it slowly and gently ,.he can combine the two task and still do just fine. Let me stop her e to get response from you

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: ... by Elxandre(m): 12:08am On Oct 26, 2014
^^^^^ what do you mean by cowardice?
I only see braveness and a man who believes in his dreams.
Now this is the ultimate MAN, not daunted about what the world will say about his decision, not even thinking of failure as a possibility.

The only problem here is that he is just one year away from graduation, let him realize this, and try motivating him to go for this last year, even if the degree may eventually become as good as tissue paper to him.
Three years of hard work, just a year to go, keywords!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:11am On Oct 26, 2014

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 26, 2014
Elxandre:
Now this is the ultimate MAN, not daunted about what the world will say about his decision, not even thinking of failure as a possibility.

The only problem here is that he is just one year away from graduation, let him realize this, and try motivating him to go for this last year, even if the degree may eventually become as good as tissue paper to him.

Please can you just all him outta this. Believe me he can read the whole thread and pick out yours as the most reasonable post. I just want him to see reasons why not to take the step he his about too.

1 Like

Re: ... by bossminded: 12:24am On Oct 26, 2014
There re mani ways of getting a certificate these days... online universities and stuffs like dt

Babe chill out and watch dt bro, I dnt want to say my own stori, just chill and pray for him.
Re: ... by chiboy429(m): 12:31am On Oct 26, 2014
Elxandre:

Dont get me wrong mahn., the area i termed cowardice is his present level in school, what am tying to say here is that he should try as much as he could no matter how challenging he could be after all according to the op he is brilliant elxandre do you know what it means to be at this level ,if it was to be in year one ,we would have said wooow congratulations ,you did realised yourself on time on what you want to become or want in life ,

What he needs now is little encouragement ,by the time he is through he can look for one old carpet in one of the rooms in his village and dump the paper there,.

op have you tried calling a family gathering to look into the matter ,. Is your parents aware i think this is a good begining. Then if mom dad, close relative ,you or other other person you think he listen to speak to him and he still stands on his ground then so be it because he will definitely make it too. You dont need to kill yourself but then you should try calling the family together and let them say something too

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 12:37am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: ... by Nobody: 12:41am On Oct 26, 2014
Business is good. But an education helps also. Since he's in 300, why are you guys advising him to drop out? What will it take to just finish school, then fully face the business? The people paying his fees since, are they idiots? He should fulfill his obligation. At least, have something to fall back on. If he had not started at all, that is a different case. Who would be happy to spend money for years on a child's education only for him to throw it all away at the last minute? People com here to talk of bill gates. You must not be a drop-out to be a billionaire.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ... by Elxandre(m): 12:52am On Oct 26, 2014
Hadizy:

Please can you just all him outta this. Believe me he can read the whole thread and pick out yours as the most reasonable post. I just want him to see reasons why not to take the step he his about too.
Well, its clear that it's a no brainer to finish up since he has just one year left. I like his confidence in himself, but there is no reason not to grab the chance to get a degree if you have a year left.
Also, how is his financial backing? Is it rigid? These is one detail to be considered!
As much as humans have confidence is self, no plan is actually impeccable.
Honestly that degree could be a life saver if things go awry.
I am just a realist and in no way a pessimist.

If he refuses to listen, I advice him to officially go to the school and seek a break, this leaves him room to deal with his business and also decide if he needs a return to school or not.
Have you told your parents about it?

Honestly, if he is truly a thinker, he would understand the importance of rational decisions.
....and the rational decision here is that he completes his final months in school!

Are you sure he doesn't have any school issues though?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by chiboy429(m): 12:52am On Oct 26, 2014
ismokeweed:
Business is good. But an education helps also. Since he's in 300, why are you guys advising him to drop out? What will it take to just finish school, then fully face the business? The people paying his fees since, are they idiots? He should fulfill his obligation. At least, have something to fall back on. If he had not started at all, that is a different case. Who would be happy to spend money for years on a child's education only for him to throw it all away at the last minute? People com here to talk of bill gates. You must not be a drop-out to be a billionaire.

Exactly ismokeweed ,you on point this is just what am just trying to imply in other sentence ,elxandre is misconstrue me . It is very wrong for him to hail the guy in question for such a decision .

Wooow hadizy i can feel how desperate you are to pull your bro back on course, just take it easy everything is going to be fine
Re: ... by Elxandre(m): 1:03am On Oct 26, 2014
chiboy429:
Exactly ismokeweed ,you on point this is just what am just trying to imply in other sentence ,elxandre is misconstrue me . It is very wrong for him to hail the guy in question for such a decision . Wooow hadizy i can feel how desperate you are to pull your bro back on course, just take it easy everything is going to be fine
You didn't get me.
I emphasized severally that it made no sense, since he he had just months left to graduation.

Hadizy is he your younger bro or older?
Re: ... by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:09am On Oct 26, 2014
Dude has seen the light and doesn't need any nonsense dat will stop him frm making his benjamin. Op all I will advise u is to let him knw how important it is for him to finish up now dat he has only a year left to grad. I understand he does not want to miss the opportunity of making money which he has got at hand bt I think he just have to think twice before taking dat decision. Money is essential but sound education is vital in the life of every man
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:22am On Oct 26, 2014
Elxandre:

Also, how is his financial backing? Is it rigid? These is one detail to be considered!

Are you sure he doesn't have any school issues though?
Financial Backing.

How do you mean.?

School Issues.
I am so sure he has no school issues.
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 26, 2014
That guy is on his way to the top I ve a friend like that nw he's making wht a graduate will only receive in the oil n gas
Re: ... by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 26, 2014
Re: ... by Varagous(f): 1:30am On Oct 26, 2014
finish skul....
therz nofin wrong in havin a degree and beein a suxesful busines man bro.
Re: ... by Wisepac: 1:31am On Oct 26, 2014
He should finish his degree and not drop out.. I also have the mindset of business and i didnt drop out of skul coz whenever i think about it, naija is nt somewhere to be without a certificate nowadays. @op, i knw ymodulus and a fan of his in business tread. Pls dnt let him drop out and just finish his degree. Who knows he may become a businessman and also venture into politics with degree

1 Like

Re: ... by Daguccizgreat(m): 1:46am On Oct 26, 2014
Meet him up when he is in a good mood most suitably in the night and have a heart to heart talk with him. Like I said before, money is essential but sound education is consequential in every man's life. Afterwards back it up with prayers and commit it in the hands of the lord.
Hadizy:

Thanks .

But how do I do that? How do I let him know how important it is?
Re: ... by Coldfaya(m): 4:36am On Oct 26, 2014
Dude if u reading this I say follow ur business passion infact I love ur self belief n ur ability to combine sch n biz; u already doing what many couldn't do while in sch. Shows u a champion n ur sis believes so much in u..............................

however try n multi-task urself for a little under a year n finish up your degree just for comfort n fall back option when push comes to shove. Its not pessimism its being rational. After u finish up, if u like bone d result wit ur sch, u may never need it but just finish what u started bro. #bless
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:33am On Oct 26, 2014
There are so many haters here

I can't believe what some folks here are saying

Oooh..... So u guys don't know that 95% of those billionaire celebs stl wish they had just a university degree.

Someone said its bravery......NO! ITS NOT
Its the total opposite.

The kinda world we're in today,,,,,he needs a university degree (not necessarily because it is what guarantees success in life... Infact it doesn't)

That young man should understand this→→you can't make a baby in one month by getting nine women pregnant. He shouldn't be in a haste. I know he wants to become big but hey! Life is in stages!

Y'all saying this and that was a dropout........POINT OUT ANY OF THEM THAT INTENTIONALLY DROPPED OUT

Just one year and he'll be a graduate and u guys r saying all this??
BTW if he doesn't learn to be patient for the remaining one year den I pity his business career....cos in business, u need alot of patience

Brother,,,if u'r reading this, just click on my profile. U'lld see my bbm pin. Add me up. I have two questions for u. Probably u might realize something

Ur sis said I spend most of ur time thinking and writing stuffs down.....Buh bro, I believe in reasoning out things. I do so too buh its not the 'real deal'
Have u noticed? The great men that have lived this world right from creation weren't great thinkers.. There's more bro. We need to talk

Cheers smiley

5 Likes

Re: ... by MizMyColi(f): 5:34am On Oct 26, 2014

Look, I'm going to be quite harsh and realistic here.

Everybody is now reminding me of how Seun is a dropout, how Bill gates is a dropout, how all the "successful" businessmen in our world today are dropouts.

Excuse me, are you also aware of the hundreds of thousands, if not millions that "dropped out" to "pursue" their "dreams" and could not make it in the end? Do you realize that as it stands now, they have nothing to fall back on?

That "Tissue Paper" certificate, in addition to their genius brain would have earned them work and ultimately, some paychecks which they would have employed, to relaunch their worldchanging dreams.
But no, they dropped out, afterall that's what Seun, Billgates and Isaac Newton did.

I'm not wishing my friend misfortune, but I'm trying to be realistic here. Life as we know it is filled with uncertainties.

Think twice about your decision, my friend.
[imho], capping your degree programme is less than 6months away. Be the good businessman that you are and don't let those years you put in go to waste.
It could earn you an independent consultant job in the future, running into millions.

Wisdom is profitable to direct.
The phase you're going thru' now shall pass.
Don't act on impulse.

The world awaits you Son kiss

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: ... by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 26, 2014
Lacomus:
That guy is on his way to the top I ve a friend like that nw he's making wht a graduate will only receive in the oil n gas
ohhk.....u should drop out of school too and start ur business..... Mtchew
Re: ... by Nobody: 5:38am On Oct 26, 2014
MizMyColi:
[font=Georgia]
thank u joor

2 Likes

Re: ... by MizMyColi(f): 5:42am On Oct 26, 2014
Hadizy Bebe.

I hope you took permission from your friend before talking about his life on here.

Just my #2kobo.

One more thing, stop overworking yasef, if you're nagging/fretting about it in anyway, Please STOP!

That might drive him nuts or to the wall, whichever happens first. grin

I'm sure your friend is wise. He will make the right decision.

One more thing you can do now is love and support him from a distance, whichever path he finally chooses.

It gets better.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 26, 2014
AgapeCharis:
ohhk.....u should drop out of school too and start ur business..... Mtchew
the choice is his .
Re: ... by Seun(m): 6:29am On Oct 26, 2014
Hadizy:
Please help me talk to him, he's almost through and should be graduating next year.
If this is true and he has no carry-overs or other problems then I don't see why he should drop out. The degree is very useful and he'll regret not having it, though it won't stop him from being successful in business. I didn't drop out of uni to pursue Nairaland, I dropped out because I had issues that made it hard for me to cope, and those issues were not solved because we didn't understand them. By the time I started pursuing business, I would have had to start again from square one, so I decided to use those 5 - 6 years for business instead.

Bill Gates took a break from university because he discovered a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity that he could not afford to miss. If Microsoft hadn't become such a phenomenal success, he would have returned to school. So maybe your friend should just take a 1 year break to face his business. I believe there's a provision for that if he notifies the school authorities in advance instead of just leaving. If after 1 year of business, he still doesn't feel the need to go back to spend just one more year to get his degree, then you can reluctantly support him.

25 Likes 11 Shares

Re: ... by Nobody: 6:36am On Oct 26, 2014
Just tell even though he feels he doesn't need the certificate now,let him just get it for getting sake.

Who knows,he might need it when he becomes wealthy,and he wants political power.
Re: ... by Sunymoore(m): 6:41am On Oct 26, 2014
Seun:

If this is true and he has no carry-overs or other problems then I don't see why he should drop out. The degree is very useful and he'll regret not having it, though it won't stop him from being successful in business. I didn't drop out of uni to pursue Nairaland, I dropped out because I had issues that made it hard for me to cope, and those issues were not solved because we didn't understand them. By the time I started pursuing business, I would have had to start again from square one, so I decided to use those 5 - 6 years for business instead.

Bill Gates took a break from university because he discovered a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity that he could not afford to miss. If Microsoft hadn't become such a phenomenal success, he would have returned to school. So maybe your friend should just take a 1 year break to face his business. I believe there's a provision for that if he notifies the school authorities in advanced instead of just leaving. If after 1 year of business, he still doesn't feel the need to go back to spend just one more year to get his degree, then you can reluctantly support him.
The boss has spoken. QED
Re: ... by Mrfils(m): 7:07am On Oct 26, 2014
I respect ur brother.. I wish I could b like him. Ignore what everyone says n pursue my dreams without looking back! Wish him only d vry best as he plunges out...cos in d end, we'll regret more of d tins we didn't av d courage to do than those we actually did n failed.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Useful Is NECO Outside Nigeria / 10 Most Expensive Sec. Schools In Nigeria (their Fees Is A Fortune) / Bad Bad African Serial Killers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.