Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,544 members, 7,819,934 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:03 AM

... - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ... (6159 Views)

Please He Needs Your Advise Urgently. Don't Ignore / Pls I Need Your Advise on these uk universities. / Schools Report Finds ‘jaw-dropping’ Gap For Black Boys (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ... by Lordseyad(m): 3:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
Seun:

If this is true and he has no carry-overs or other problems then I don't see why he should drop out. The degree is very useful and he'll regret not having it, though it won't stop him from being successful in business. I didn't drop out of uni to pursue Nairaland, I dropped out because I had issues that made it hard for me to cope, and those issues were not solved because we didn't understand them. By the time I started pursuing business, I would have had to start again from square one, so I decided to use those 5 - 6 years for business instead.

Bill Gates took a break from university because he discovered a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity that he could not afford to miss. If Microsoft hadn't become such a phenomenal success, he would have returned to school. So maybe your friend should just take a 1 year break to face his business. I believe there's a provision for that if he notifies the school authorities in advance instead of just leaving. If after 1 year of business, he still doesn't feel the need to go back to spend just one more year to get his degree, then you can reluctantly support him.
OMG!! This is just ''Perfect''
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
Am a drop out and am proud to say that today. am tire of studying what cannot turn to money.
What is funny?
Today am a landlord happily married with two child, to be sincere with you Nigerian you can get yourself educate at any age in Life as long as you can still read ,write and understand...
I drop out at 300L
Business is life and pls don't discourage the young man
Even graduate are working under me today and I pay their salary
Re: ... by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: ... by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Re: ... by Birniwa(m): 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
idu1:
My babe, that guy is on his way to become a millionaire. Seun, bill gate nd many more r dropouts but today they rule the world............the guy is too brilliant to stay in nigerian university nd b cramming unrealistic theory that cannot change the price of garri in united of AFRICA. Please, let him follow his dreams............

Well said, pls let the dude follow his dream. Period!
Re: ... by initialize(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
Elxandre:

Well, its clear that it's a no brainer to finish up since he has just one year left. I like his confidence in himself, but there is no reason not to grab the chance to get a degree if you have a year left.
Also, how is his financial backing? Is it rigid? These is one detail to be considered!
As much as humans have confidence is self, no plan is actually impeccable.
Honestly that degree could be a life saver if things go awry.
I am just a realist and in no way a pessimist.

If he refuses to listen, I advice him to officially go to the school and seek a break, this leaves him room to deal with his business and also decide if he needs a return to school or not.
Have you told your parents about it?

Honestly, if he is truly a thinker, he would understand the importance of rational decisions.
....and the rational decision here is that he completes his final months in school!

Are you sure he doesn't have any school issues though?

Please Read This Bro!!! Finish school abeg, even if you won't use the certificate now, it feels safe to have options.
Re: ... by Doughboysss: 5:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
jopex:
Am a drop out and am proud to say that today. am tire of studying what cannot turn to money.
What is funny?
Today am a landlord happily married with two child , to be sincere with you Nigerian you can get yourself educate at any age in Life as long as you can still read ,write and understand...
I drop out at 300L
You dont hav to tell us. Your grammar says it all. grin

3 Likes

Re: ... by chronique(m): 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is one of the reasons why we do not want the young man to drop out of school so He doesn't start composing bad sentences like what you've written up-there. That you dropped out and you're a landlord,doesn't mean you should use yourself as a yardstick in measuring success. There are greater heights you can aspire to in life and some of such heights,would require you having a degree. It's non-negotiable. Those who know the young man,are of the opinion that He has lots of potentials and as such,there's no need settling for less.
jopex:
What is funny?
Today am a landlord happily married with two child, to be sincere with you Nigerian you can get yourself educate at any age in Life as long as you can still read ,write and understand...
I drop out at 300L

2 Likes

Re: ... by Fabdedon(m): 6:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
I just wish he can read dis comment...
.In life there are always 2 or more things involved...
I wount go for any one but will list out both advantages and dis advantages...
Business business...
1. Business is a way of getting/making money but its not guarented.. While education is a means of makin money and its not all dat guaranteed bt documents and knowledge can keep u moving..
2. It depends on luck too maybe for a certain period you luck will shine and you will think thats how life is but have in mind have ups and down.... While wit education since ur good and sound.. Gettiing guarenteed employment/payment wount be a case...but some times gaining employment be like lookin for american visa..
3 Business can wait you will leave it and can still come back to it.. Its still dere... But education cant wait.. Your almost dere..final year if you drop now no more chance...
4.in business you expect anything... Maybe your imported goods may be seized..destroyed..stolen.... Or too many debtors..economic meltdown..bad market too.. But in education..nothing like that your employment is guarenteed.. You dont have much things to worry about other dan just home expenses..

Pls i beg you.. Dont drop education now.. Finish it your business can wait if possible hand over ur business over to someone..monitor it.. But chase ur childhood dreams...
Every thing is aiming towards money.. Sha since you have made your mind.. Try pray to God about it.. And try listen to exprienced advice from businessmen and certificate holders... Most business men wants to have dos certificates too...
He who has ears let him hear...#drops pen.
#Self opinion
Re: ... by brownlord: 6:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
Idacrux:
@hadizy..I think dis is more of spiritual tinx,ur parents enemy at work frm d village,just consult ur spiritual..also in 300L n i know what it takes to be in 3 u know...ENEMY@WORK

I was waiting to see someone make this dumb comment, just when I thought I failed this time, here it is.

1 Like

Re: ... by Nobody: 7:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Doughboysss:

You dont hav to tell us. Your grammar says it all. grin

grin grin
Re: ... by Elxandre(m): 7:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
chronique:
This is one of the reasons why we do not want the young man to drop out of school so He doesn't start composing bad sentences like what you've written up-there. That you dropped out and you're a landlord,doesn't mean you should use yourself as a yardstick in measuring success. There are greater heights you can aspire to in life and some of such heights,would require you having a degree. It's non-negotiable. Those who know the young man,are of the opinion that He has lots of potentials and as such,there's no need settling for less.
Dropping out of school doesn't mean you speak poor English!
Heck, even some primary school students speak and write properly.
Re: ... by chiboy429(m): 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2014
Elxandre:

You didn't get me.
I emphasized severally that it made no sense, since he he had just months left to graduation.

Hadizy is he your younger bro or older?

Alright then !
Re: ... by iCool(m): 7:41pm On Oct 28, 2014
I do not have much to say...

He should read "Take The Risk" by Ben Carson.

It clearly explains how to tackle a decision making as great as this.

Let your bro answer these questions. . .
- What does he stand to gain by Completing his education
- What does he stand to loose by Completing his education

- What does he stand to gain by Dropping out of school
- What does he stand to loose by Dropping out of school

That should enable him make a sensible decision.
Re: ... by herboshedhe(f): 11:19am On Oct 29, 2014
I love your heart of gold@hadizy
Re: ... by Trippledots(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
chronique:

ahhhhh hahahaha..... omg!

to the op, seems your brother has a strong drive for excellence in whatever he does,,,,nice. but droppingncg out of school is not tied to becoming a success in life.....i wonder why people now relate the two tho. they are parallel events. whatever you make of your life is not pivoted on being a drop out or not_ heck there are successful academics as well as miserable drop outs.

maybe you can Google some outstanding professionals and business people who had their degrees as well...that may help him put things in the right perspective.

rich dad poor dad would say......."Get a good education, get a regular job and get a business." they all compliment each other, not the other way round.
Re: ... by egopersonified(f): 12:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
Infact, let me not just say anything.
Re: ... by AbuMikey(m): 2:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Now I see where this whole Ymodulus issue started from.

1 Like

Re: ... by egopersonified(f): 6:13pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hadizy, pls contact seun or mods about this thread.
Re: ... by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 29, 2014
egopersonified:
Hadizy, pls contact seun or mods about this thread.

I have done that
Re: ... by egopersonified(f): 6:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hadizy:

I have done so.

After sometime, do the same process all over again, I hope they can do so before the end of the day.
Re: ... by idu1(m): 6:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hadizy:

I have done that
Hadiza how r u doing?
Re: ... by Trippledots(m): 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Trippledots:

ahhhhh hahahaha..... omg!

to the op, seems your brother has a strong drive for excellence in whatever he does,,,,nice. but droppingncg out of school is not tied to becoming a success in life.....i wonder why people now relate the two tho. they are parallel events. whatever you make of your life is not pivoted on being a drop out or not_ heck there are successful academics as well as miserable drop outs.

maybe you can Google some outstanding professionals and business people who had their degrees as well...that may help him put things in the right perspective.

rich dad poor dad would say......."Get a good education, get a regular job and get a business." they all compliment each other, not the other way round.

forgive the initial laighter pls....this was before i put 1 and 2 together. how is he now?
Re: ... by ugsams(m): 7:14am On Oct 30, 2014
Seun:

If this is true and he has no carry-overs or other problems then I don't see why he should drop out. The degree is very useful and he'll regret not having it, though it won't stop him from being successful in business. I didn't drop out of uni to pursue Nairaland, I dropped out because I had issues that made it hard for me to cope, and those issues were not solved because we didn't understand them. By the time I started pursuing business, I would have had to start again from square one, so I decided to use those 5 - 6 years for business instead.

Bill Gates took a break from university because he discovered a once-in-a-lifetime business opportunity that he could not afford to miss. If Microsoft hadn't become such a phenomenal success, he would have returned to school. So maybe your friend should just take a 1 year break to face his business. I believe there's a provision for that if he notifies the school authorities in advance instead of just leaving. If after 1 year of business, he still doesn't feel the need to go back to spend just one more year to get his degree, then you can reluctantly support him.

I just learnt something about seun
Re: ... by OmolodMilkman93(m): 8:34pm On Oct 30, 2014
ugsams:

I just learnt something about seun
And what is that?
Re: ... by VICTOFX(m): 9:39pm On Oct 30, 2014
from all you've all said, all I can add is " one can only force a horse to the stream, but can't force it to drink", haven said that, all I'll ask of any1 close and around him is to please help me confirm his sanity, if intact, then I'll take it that he fully understands the advantages and disadvantages of whichever of d alternatives he chooses to go by and that he is also very aware of the consequences both in d present n in future.

with that, I'll advice u let him do whatever he deems best for him, besides its his life, n he who wares the shoe knows exactly where n how much it pinches. but 1 thing I am certain of is in few years from now, he'll either fall into d group if dropouts who made it or d 1s dat failed, and will also be used as a case study for some kid someday, either as a positive or negative example. but personally, I wish you the best bro. gws.
Re: ... by Chiemeka30: 8:39pm On Feb 13, 2015
Accountancy, economics, buss admin, management this is your sure 'A' project topic and material

The Impact of the Recent Global Economic Meltdown on Nigerian Economy
http://uniprojectsearch.com/impact-global-…gerian-economy/

no matter your department, once you are writing or about to write your thesis or project www.uniprojectsearch.com is your guide

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Private Universities in Africa 2017 / What Does Being 5 & 6 Mean? / Nasarawa State Government Budgets N1.2bn For Student Hostels

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.