Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,427 members, 7,954,670 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 06:29 AM

Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read (8268 Views)

Why Ants Bites / 7 Nigerian Universities With The Strongest Alumni Bodies / Response To 'why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants' Is Wrong (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 26, 2014
rattlesnake:
I can't count how many ants i killed in my lifetime
Lol
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 26, 2014
ggrin:
Too much cartoons angry
Hehe Bros no be cartoon ohh, na super story.
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 10:03am On Oct 26, 2014
rOsy247:
ant is one tiny creature i hv always admired right from childhood. i enjoy watching them. cheesy cheesy their industrious nature is one thing that baffles me abt this tiny creature. no wonder the bible admonished the lazy people to learn from the ant. smiley
Thanks so much for your contribution dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Pdizzle(m): 10:34am On Oct 26, 2014
Nice post
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2014
Pdizzle:
Nice post
Thanks
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 10:50am On Oct 26, 2014
mmimahbub:
[size=14pt]SURATUL NAML. The 27th SURA in the Holy Qur'an (THE ANTS)

Significance Of The Title[/size]

The sura's name is taken from the ants whose conversations were understood by Solomon.Similar to Sura 13 (The Thunder) or Sura 29 (The Spider), The Ants has no thematic significance in the Sura beyond it being a familiar phrase amongst believers, a reminder of the sura's story of Solomon.

It should be noted, however, that ants do hold a privileged status among animals in Islam on account of the story of Solomon. Hadith literature tells of the Prophet Muhammad forbidding Muslims to kill the ant, bee, hoopoe, or shrike; it is no coincidence that the are both featured in Sura 27 and that Sura 16 is entitled The Bee. One interpretation for the ant's theological significance coincides with its role historically. As written in the 1993 edition of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, "Since early Antiquity, ants have been an object of admiration on account of ... the feverish activity with which they provide for their sustenance and the perfect organisation of their societies." This perfect organization under one cause correlates well with the Islamic idea of obedience, or ibadah.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An-Naml

I really dnt understand this, do u mind breakin it down without the 'sura' this, 'sura' that? and pls, make it short

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by fadjnr(m): 11:23am On Oct 26, 2014
Deejacy2:
Ok never knew, thanks so much for your contribution.

you're welcome
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by mejai(m): 11:24am On Oct 26, 2014
cos of ritualist among dem grin
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by egopersonified(f): 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
Op, thanks, I always thought they add their dead to their food storage. Reminds me of a lizard that was trapped between the holes on my gas cylinder outside. Other lizards stayed with it as if they were gisting and consoling it till it died and they all left the dead lizard.
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by bobbymishark(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
check out how these "home alone" stars now look like

source: http://www.bobbymishark..com/2014/10/check-out-these-home-alone-stars-and.html

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by LORDI(m): 2:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pictures of the funeral or adonbilivit.
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Mayydayy(m): 3:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
even the wisest man ever liveth said it.go to the ants.learn their ways and be wise.
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Zico0(m): 3:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
Why do they always kiss each other when they move past? Is that a way of greeting?
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Ethereal0110(f): 3:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
I saw swarm of ants migrating last 2 weeks they built a road track up to 3km their were billions of them they strictly followed the path non of them deviated, ants are so orderly and organized , i was amazed i had to record it with my fone, i love ants but hate their bites
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by simdam500(m): 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
CoolHunk: Interesting, but I can't spot any science behind this post.
but the op never said it scientifically proven...

I see it as imaginations...

Op. Quite interesting but not fact... What happen to oldest member of the colony if he/she dies too?
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by cirmuell(m): 3:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
Short, imprecise. Hmph angry
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by sunkoye: 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
imas:
So what's their retirement age?
oga....pls dont ask of their pension plan ooo..

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Harmvirus(f): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
Interesting
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by xtophy(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
imas:
another ebola patient
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Orinameh2(m): 7:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
Wow i must say am learnin evriday because i no knw dat 1 b4 oh. I stil wondered abt it b4
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Orinameh2(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Reali? Tell me more
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by MichaelSokoto(m): 7:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
*space bookment tinz*

If diz thread make FP make I buy biskit share 4 all d ants round my house undecided
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 26, 2014
sunkoye:
oga....pls dont ask of their pension plan ooo..
Hello, how are you? I remember you from one thread "Something you saw as a child that no one believed" or are you not the one?
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by nwaobitex: 10:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
plucky16:
you guys should see "Minuscule: Valley of the Lost Ants" movie... interesting really
is it cartoon or film
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by sunkoye: 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
imas:

Hello, how are you? I remember you from one thread "Something you saw as a child that no one believed" or are you not the one?
yea...u are right. Sure u are good too?
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
MichaelSokoto:
*space bookment tinz*

If diz thread make FP make I buy biskit share 4 all d ants round my house undecided
Lol funny dude.

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by ERCROSS(m): 10:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
rattlesnake:
I can't count how many ants i killed in my lifetime

In ur life time..
Rest in peace broh..
wink

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by podosci(m): 12:22am On Oct 27, 2014
mmimahbub:
[size=14pt]SURATUL NAML. The 27th SURA in the Holy Qur'an (THE ANTS)

Significance Of The Title[/size]

The sura's name is taken from the ants whose conversations were understood by Solomon.Similar to Sura 13 (The Thunder) or Sura 29 (The Spider), The Ants has no thematic significance in the Sura beyond it being a familiar phrase amongst believers, a reminder of the sura's story of Solomon.

It should be noted, however, that ants do hold a privileged status among animals in Islam on account of the story of Solomon. Hadith literature tells of the Prophet Muhammad forbidding Muslims to kill the ant, bee, hoopoe, or shrike; it is no coincidence that the are both featured in Sura 27 and that Sura 16 is entitled The Bee. One interpretation for the ant's theological significance coincides with its role historically. As written in the 1993 edition of the Encyclopaedia of Islam, "Since early Antiquity, ants have been an object of admiration on account of ... the feverish activity with which they provide for their sustenance and the perfect organisation of their societies." This perfect organization under one cause correlates well with the Islamic idea of obedience, or ibadah.
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/An-Naml

buh it didnt not explaim how the ants sense of organization
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by ignis: 12:44am On Oct 27, 2014
Never knew....

Anyone, what's the reason behind this?
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 1:24am On Oct 27, 2014
sunkoye:
yea...u are right. Sure u are good too?
yep I am, thank you.
Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 27, 2014
imas:

lol wicked grin

1 Like

Re: Why Ants Carry The Bodies Of Their Fellow Dead Ants? A Must Read by plucky16(m): 6:26am On Oct 27, 2014
nwaobitex:
is it cartoon or film

its a 3d film

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Top 23 Most Expensive Secondary Schools In Nigeria 2015 / Nigerian Science Olympiad Competition Past Questions And Online Assessment / Common English Errors We Make During Conversation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.