Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,343 members, 7,819,203 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:42 PM

Lie Simplified - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lie Simplified (589 Views)

Psalm 23. Explained In Very Simplified Terms. / Anony's Christian Logic In Terms Of Tragedy Simplified; / I Was Paid To Lie Against Pastor T. B. Joshua; Bisola Johnson. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lie Simplified by HighBK: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2014
Okay, so you think you don’t lie? Wait till you read this.

FORMS OF LIE
(i) Flattery- Praise that is not sincere or an excessive praise. A covered lie in a bed of flowery words to make it ‘Behind’ and fanciful. So you think it’s cool to flatter? I don’t think so:
Psalms 12:3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things (KJV)
Job 32:21-22 I don’t know how to be unfair or to flatter anyone— if I did, my Creator would quickly destroy me!(Contemporary English Version) “Call a spade a spade”

(ii ) Exaggeration- Making someone/ greater, something/ larger than it really is. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.
This will only cost you your integrity,because people won’t take your words for it.
“Call a spade a spade”

(iii) Half-truth- A statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. Half-truth is total dishonesty. Telling the whole truth preserves your integrity. “Call a spade a spade. ”

(iv) Deceit- A misleading falsehood. A statement intended to make people believe what is not true.
“Call a spade a spade ”
OH! Maybe you’ve not even asked yourself why you lie. Please ask yourself and you’ll see that whatever reason you come up with is not worth lying for,if you do really have faith in God. We do all these to gain people’s approval and favour which is a sign of lack of FAITH IN GOD.

My Recommendations
Make conscious effort to stop lying and all its forms –>refute lies and its forms the moment you lie.Proverb 4:23
Pray against lying: Psalms 120:2
Deliver my soul, O Lord , from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue (KJV)
Pray for the grace to be honest.

Written by Amaritat08
Inspired by Ayanshina Adefolawe EDEN
http://www.sobolation.com/lie-simplified/

Submit your write-ups on http://www.sobolation.com/write/

2 Likes

Re: Lie Simplified by spade: 7:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
HighBK:
Okay, so you think you don’t lie? Wait till you read this.

FORMS OF LIE
(i) Flattery- Praise that is not sincere or an excessive praise. A covered lie in a bed of flowery words to make it ‘Behind’ and fanciful. So you think it’s cool to flatter? I don’t think so:
Psalms 12:3 The Lord shall cut off all flattering lips, and the tongue that speaketh proud things (KJV)
Job 32:21-22 I don’t know how to be unfair or to flatter anyone— if I did, my Creator would quickly destroy me!(Contemporary English Version) “Call a spade a spade”

(ii ) Exaggeration- Making someone/ greater, something/ larger than it really is. Making a mountain out of a mole hill.
This will only cost you your integrity,because people won’t take your words for it.
“Call a spade a spade”

(iii) Half-truth- A statement that is only partly true and that is intended to deceive people. Half-truth is total dishonesty. Telling the whole truth preserves your integrity. “Call a spade a spade. ”

(iv) Deceit- A misleading falsehood. A statement intended to make people believe what is not true.
“Call a spade a spade ”
OH! Maybe you’ve not even asked yourself why you lie. Please ask yourself and you’ll see that whatever reason you come up with is not worth lying for,if you do really have faith in God. We do all these to gain people’s approval and favour which is a sign of lack of FAITH IN GOD.

My Recommendations
Make conscious effort to stop lying and all its forms –>refute lies and its forms the moment you lie.Proverb 4:23
Pray against lying: Psalms 120:2
Deliver my soul, O Lord , from lying lips, and from a deceitful tongue (KJV)
Pray for the grace to be honest.

Written by Amaritat08
Inspired by Ayanshina Adefolawe EDEN
http://www.sobolation.com/lie-simplified/

Submit your write-ups on http://www.sobolation.com/write/

Look here, mister. Enough is enough.
You need to stop spamming my mentions.

1 Like

Re: Lie Simplified by HighBK: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
spade:

Look here, mister. Enough is enough.
You need to stop spamming my mentions.

What are you talking about. I am sorry, though I am not sure what this is about.

(1) (Reply)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 30/11/14 / There Is A Preacher In This Bus - By Austin "Grey" / 14-days Prayer Session For Nigeria : People, We Need To Pray

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.