Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,534 members, 7,823,319 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:41 AM

Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers (1382 Views)

How The Crash That Killed James Ocholi And Family Was Just A Big Mess / The Car Crash That Killed James Ocholi (Photos) / Man Shoots Animal 3 Times, But Bullet Bounced Back And Hit Him In The Head. Pics (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by ketekete: 4:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
The story of how Dana Air has bounced back from an Airline company that lost 152 souls “on the 3rd of June 2012″ in one of it’s carriers to an award winning Airline is unbelievable.

Short History

On June 3rd 2012, a Dana plane crashed into a residential area in Lagos state, killing the entire 153 passengers and crew members on board, in addition to other victims in the residential area. The Federal Government promptly seized its license, but restored it 93 days after the crash, provoking outrage across the country.

Four month after the plane crash, FAAN gave Dana Air “2012 Best Airline Award”. FAAN’s Regional General Manager, Mr. Chris Bature, said the airline was awarded the prize for its good customer relations and prompt payment of dues. He also added that the airline was selected because of its outstanding performance.

Questions:
1) How did Dana Air bounced back so fast?
2) What is the secret behind their fast success?

Answers:
I will keep this post as simple as possible. These are what I believe Dana Air did very well and any company that follows these steps has higher chance of bouncing back.

1) Award: They won an Award before their license was restored. Despite a plane crash that claimed the lives of 153 people and the fact that families of victims of the crash found it offensive, Dana Airline was named the best domestic carrier for 2011 by the Federal Airport Authority of Nigeria (FAAN).

Its as simple as that. Before their award was restored, FAAN gave Dana Air initial boost. How did Dana Air got the full support of FAAN after killing scores of customers is a question I cannot answer.

2) Test Flight: After Dana Air license was restored, Dana resumed flight on Friday 4th of January 2013 with an awesome inaugural. Celebrity endorsements from the likes of Basketmouth, comedian Buchi, singer Dipp, Harrysong and journalists all boarding the Lagos to Abuja inaugural flight, and the fact that the first flight after their crash that killed 153 people landed safely in Abuja gave Dana Air a big bounce back to its game.

3) Celebrity Endorsement: Like I pointed above, Dana Air brought in top celebrities. These celebrities has millions of follows and were very succecessful in convincing their followers to give the Airline a second chance. Below is a photo of comedian Basketmouth helping Dana Air to reward passengers.

It’s nothing new for corporate firms to use celebrities and entertainers to launder their image. Just as most global brands use celebrities to endorse their products and the persons in question are offered juicy contracts and mouth watering deals.

4) Freebies – Give away: Let’s face it we Nigerians LOVE freebies, we love awoof. What else can you use in winning Nigerian souls if not to give them everything for free. suffering and smiling.. Mtcheww lolz. Yesterday DANA Air rewarded three of its loyal passengers with iPhone 5s as part of initiatives by the airline to consistently reward its guests.

5) Customer Service: Dana Air is said to have the best customer service.They put their customers first before anything else. I believe the airline’s commitment to best customer service and timely departure earned them the second chance. Dana has a policy that they must not delay passengers and they have introduced another system which I quote: “If your flight is delayed by 40 minutes, we give refreshments to all passengers that already had their boarding passes”

Do you guys think they deserve all these glories?

Original Post: http:///1xr72fW
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by seunlayi(m): 4:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
whatever, all I need is divine protection from God

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by brownlolly(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
We all know the true story of what happened to that plane. Someone made the plane stay too long in the air because he/she was using the airport at that time. It was not the fault of the airline company, and they know it...so this is just compensation to protect the person's name.

1 Like

Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by ketekete: 4:53pm On Oct 26, 2014
brownlolly:
We all know the true story of what happened to that plane. Someone made the plane stay too long in the air because he/she was using the airport at that time. It was not the fault of the airline company, and they know it...so this is just compensation to protect the person's name.

Thanks for your comment, do you mind telling us more about who the person is or what he/she was using the airport for?. Thanks
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by graciousme(f): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
I like their customer service. Some people are still scared of flying Dana but only God protects. May we not board the wrong plane in Jesus name.
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by ketekete: 5:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
graciousme:
I like their customer service. Some people are still scared of flying Dana but only God protects. May we not board the wrong plane in Jesus name.
Amen
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by sluvy4tune(m): 5:59pm On Oct 26, 2014
ketekete:

Thanks for your comment, do you mind telling us more about who the person is or what he/she was using the airport for?. Thanks

Mama peace aka jesus of okrika was using the airport

As a demigod all other activities must wait

After all they don't give a damn
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by sluvy4tune(m): 6:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
Op spare us this Dana story

Everyone I know that uses that airline complain of one problem or the other

Some says them hear sound like say d engine knot they loose or forceful landing they don't just understand

I almost got fired for booking a Dana flight for my boss, Dana is a taste of hell
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by Nobody: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Their planes still make a lot of noise during take off and landing. With a trail of smoke
Re: Dana Air Bounced Back – After A Plane Crash That Killed All 153 Passengers by frog12: 4:41pm On Oct 27, 2014
If I were you, I would run away from them.. the name looks good, but what else is good about them, after that crash?
an airline that bounced back so quickly? Politics, corruption...

(1) (Reply)

|FOOD FOR THOUGHT FOR NDIGBO| By Tunde Ajani / Jonathan Orders SSS To Release Emir Sanusi’s Passport / Catholic Church Hails Peter Obi Over Papal Honour

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.