Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,816 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:35 AM

My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan (776 Views)

Nigeria Would’ve Collapsed Had Officials Of My Govt Stole That Much- Jonathan / I’m Slow To Avoid Mistakes, Says Buhari / Fuel Scarcity Strike Organised To Sabotage My Govt –jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Beazy(f): 5:21am On Oct 27, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Sunday said he could not rule out the possibility of committing errors while administering the affairs of the country.
He admitted that while leading the country, there are possibilities of “faults and failures.”
Jonathan spoke at the second edition of an interdenominational church service with the theme “A day with Jesus for Nigeria in Israel” held in Israel as part of his two-day pilgrimage to Jerusalem. The event which was aired live was monitored on the Nigeria Television Authority.
The errors notwithstanding, Jonathan said he was sure that God would not allow him to take a decision or steps that would be against the interest of the country.
“For me, and I believe for the governors that are here with me, we are mere mortals. As mere mortals, we are not insulated from errors. There may be faults or failures. But one thing I know is that God will not allow me to do anything that will not be in the best interest of our country,” he told the congregation that included state governors, ministers, clerics and Nigerian pilgrims.
The President said despite the many challenges facing the country under his watch, he saw a new Nigeria emerging.
He said he saw a new Nigeria that all its citizens would be living in peace and unity and children yet unborn would be proud of.
Jonathan said, “I see a new Nigeria emerging; a Nigeria that our children will be proud of; a Nigeria that things will work; a Nigeria that we will have good education system; a Nigeria that we will have a good health system.
“I see a new Nigeria that we will have food security; a Nigeria that we will have houses for our people; a Nigeria that we will have good infrastructure for our movement. Above all, a Nigeria that we will live in peace and unity.
“Of course, we know that this is a period of challenges. Even as if we are saying this, it looks like a mirage to people because we know the challenges we have.
“But it does not take a lifetime to solve a problem. With prayers and unity, we shall overcome all our challenges.”
While identifying the Boko Haram as one of the greatest problems of his administration, he made a case for collective efforts to tackle the nation’s unique challenges.
He also listed kidnappings in the South, poor governance and corruption as some of the nation’s vices.
The President however said that with citizens’ commitment and prayers, the nation would overcome.
Quoting from Lamentation 3:37, Jonathan declared, “Who is he that speaks against Nigeria and comes to pass when the Lord has not commanded it?” amidst a loud ovation from the congregation.
He asked the pilgrims to pray for unity, peace and security as well as against what he called counter forces that could hinder his administration’s transformation agenda.
Jonathan said, “With unity, we can do anything. The country was so united when we encountered Ebola. With God on our side, we were able to conquer Ebola Virus.
“That singular act had brought Nigeria to the limelight, even when CNN(Cable News Network) talks about Ebola, it make reference to Nigeria. That is what unity can do. With unity and prayer, we will get to where we want our country to go.
“My request is that you should stand by the government. When you stand by the government just like you stood by us during the Ebola era, we will surely overcome our challenges,” he said.
The Presiding Bishop of the Living Faith Church Worldwide, Bishop David Oyedepo, preached the sermon at the service that featured special prayers for the President, his family, other leaders and the country.
Other Nigerian pilgrims joined the President and its entourage for the service.
The President had earlier in the day had a bilateral talk with the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, in Jerusalem.
Jonathan is expected back in the country on Monday (today).
The other clergymen present at the service were the Primate Church of Nigeria (Anglican Communion), Most Rev. Nicholas Okoh; and President, Christian Association of Nigeria, Pastor Ayo Oritsejafor.
Governors Godswill Akpabio (Akwa Ibom); Gabriel Suswam (Benue); Willie Obiano (Anambra); Jonah Jang (Plateau) and their wives joined members of the Federal Executive Council like the Minister of State for FCT, Olajumoke Akinjide; Minister of Power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo; and Minister of Water Resources, Mrs Sarah Ochekpe at the service.

www.punchng.com/news/my-govt-not-free-from-mistakes-says-jonathan/
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Ewizard(m): 5:26am On Oct 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019...

1 Like

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by seunlayi(m): 5:31am On Oct 27, 2014
the more time past, the more I love this man. thumbs up Gej

3 Likes

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Godfullsam(m): 6:10am On Oct 27, 2014
We all know that your administration is ladden with mistakes. infact you are a mistake to Nigerians.
Gej till 2015

4 Likes

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by egift(m): 6:16am On Oct 27, 2014
Jonathan, your Government is only known for Mistakes. GEJ's smartest moves are in protecting Corruption and his Boko Haram Partners.

4 Likes

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by eleojo23: 6:27am On Oct 27, 2014
A president is also human after all

1 Like

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Princecalm(m): 6:51am On Oct 27, 2014
They can never be free from mistakes.

1 Like

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Amanwulu1(m): 6:58am On Oct 27, 2014
mods, fp plz
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by mekd: 7:01am On Oct 27, 2014
k. hope u correct it
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by thegoodone2(m): 7:05am On Oct 27, 2014
No body above mistake but try taken correction.
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Pataki: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2014
Such a shame to have this shameless corrupt liar as the President.

Your administration is an abject failure. For example: How does one explain that a serving Minister from your cabinet, conducted a scam recruitment NIS job, resulting in the death of innocent Nigerians; while you as the President has kept mute and has still retained the same Minister in your cabinet?

Or should we talk about your skelewu dance in Kano a day after Abuja Nyanya bomb blast and some few hours just before over 200 Chibok girls were kidnapped?!

Jonathan, you are a curse and an exemplary leadership failure upon this nation. You absolutely display all that is wrong with Nigeria over the years.

2 Likes

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by omenka(m): 7:13am On Oct 27, 2014
That is because your government is a mistake in itself mr Jonathan.

I Hope you've heard oil prices are likely to hit $70pb.
You and your boys should keep up the good works of mistakenly stealing the country dry.
cool

2 Likes

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by AMINU4(m): 7:14am On Oct 27, 2014
sai buhari 2015.
buhari a destine by God 2 transform nigeria.

1 Like

Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:50am On Oct 27, 2014
GEJ till 2019......I will rather live under this corruption than live in a country where my female children will lose their freedom and be forced to wear hijab.

Shalom.
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2014
another name for Jonathan is "mistake "
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by adconline(m): 8:00am On Oct 27, 2014
Election Time baby!!
Re: My Govt Not Free From Mistakes, Says Jonathan by pendy79: 8:07am On Oct 27, 2014
Yea I'm very sure you won't do anything against the interest of Nigeria just like the forbearance and pardon of Mohammed Abacha to go with billions of our commonwealth was in the best interest of Nigeria.

Your lacklustre reaction and unconcerned attitude for 2weeks after the chibok girls were kidnapped was in the national interest too.

Presidential pardon for alamiesigha and bode george was in PDP oops sorry national interest too.

Maritime security and waterways security contract to an enemy of the state Tompolo was sure in our national interest .

Pipeline security contract to loud mouth asari dokubo to use the proceed to build a private university in benin republic was in our national interest.

The list go on and on infact you're the best thing to happen to our national interest.

(1) (Reply)

The Meaning Of J-anjaweed. / 2015 Election Predictions: What To Expect / Jonathan: We Are Working Hard To Build Bright Future For Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.