Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,228 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:25 AM

Pepe Hits Back At Xavi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Pepe Hits Back At Xavi (1406 Views)

Xavi Vs Pirlo Vs Scholes; Who Is The Best Passer? / Mesut Ozil Is Better Than The Combination Of Xavi And Iniesta / Maradona Hits Back, Says He Was Cheated And Lied To (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by Badosqi(m): 2:29pm On Oct 27, 2014
Real Madrid centre back, Pepe, has responded to Xavi’s assertion that his team “live on the counterattack”, after Barcelona lost El Clasico on Saturday.
Madrid beat Barcelona 3-1 in an exciting encounter and the Spanish midfielder claimed that his team were beaten by Carlo Ancelotti’s team because they “live on the counter- attack”. Pepe responded to the criticism by claiming that his team were the better team, as confirmed by cheers from the stands at the Bernabeau. “I don’t think that that is so. Our supporters chanted ‘olés’ and that says it all. We played after having one day less of recovery than them and showed them our class. We have to continue with humility,” the Portuguese defender told reporters after the match. The 31-year-old, who scored Real Madrid’s second goal, explained that his celebration was simply to remind fans that Real Madrid’s 10th European Cup was not won by accident. He then added that Real Madrid are a better team than they were last season. “In the second half we went out with a winning mentality and we turned the game around because we had the desire to do it. I remind everyone that the ‘Décima’ did not arrive by accident. “We are stronger because we have a better understanding of the coach’s mentality. With time our movements on the pitch are becoming more automatic. We demonstrated it today. “Today we did not start well and they scored after three minutes, but we reacted, we had chances to equalise, we got it back to 1-1 and we could have taken the lead before half-time. But what’s important is what we did in the second half and we were better,” he concluded. Real Madrid, currently one point behind Barcelona and Sevilla, will be looking to claim top spot in La Liga when they take on Granada on Saturday at 17:00.

Source: www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/el-clasico/real-madrid-s-pepe-responds-to-barcelona-s-xavi-s-comments-2/190145

1 Like

Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by heatmeup(f): 3:43pm On Oct 27, 2014
Badosqi:
Real Madrid centre back, Pepe, has responded to Xavi’s assertion that his team “live on the counterattack”, after Barcelona lost El Clasico on Saturday.
Madrid beat Barcelona 3-1 in an exciting encounter and the Spanish midfielder claimed that his team were beaten by Carlo Ancelotti’s team because they “live on the counter- attack”. Pepe responded to the criticism by claiming that his team were the better team, as confirmed by cheers from the stands at the Bernabeau. “I don’t think that that is so. Our supporters chanted ‘olés’ and that says it all. We played after having one day less of recovery than them and showed them our class. We have to continue with humility,” the Portuguese defender told reporters after the match. The 31-year-old, who scored Real Madrid’s second goal, explained that his celebration was simply to remind fans that Real Madrid’s 10th European Cup was not won by accident. He then added that Real Madrid are a better team than they were last season. “In the second half we went out with a winning mentality and we turned the game around because we had the desire to do it. I remind everyone that the ‘Décima’ did not arrive by accident. “We are stronger because we have a better understanding of the coach’s mentality. With time our movements on the pitch are becoming more automatic. We demonstrated it today. “Today we did not start well and they scored after three minutes, but we reacted, we had chances to equalise, we got it back to 1-1 and we could have taken the lead before half-time. But what’s important is what we did in the second half and we were better,” he concluded. Real Madrid, currently one point behind Barcelona and Sevilla, will be looking to claim top spot in La Liga when they take on Granada on Saturday at 17:00.

Source: www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/el-clasico/real-madrid-s-pepe-responds-to-barcelona-s-xavi-s-comments-2/190145
then barcelona live on tiki taka.bad excuse for losing
Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by ClintonNzedimma(m): 4:21pm On Oct 27, 2014
heatmeup:
then barcelona live on tiki taka.bad excuse for losing
I can give you 5 different excuses for barca's loss against madrid.
Madrid didnt beat my team barca convincingly.
We will maul them in the return leg @ camp nou....
Ask Madrid fans, if they had made the right choices, they would have beat us 5-1...they played crap.
Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by khattab02: 9:04am On Oct 28, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

Ask Madrid fans, if they had made the right choices, they would have beat us 5-1...they played crap.
lol.. So na your excuse be this? Campaign after election!
Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by ClintonNzedimma(m): 9:42am On Oct 28, 2014
khattab02:
lol.. So na your excuse be this? Campaign after election!
We will meet in camp nou...its not too far
Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by Badosqi(m): 11:04am On Oct 28, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

No one cares whether a team win by 5-0 or 10-0. Main thing is the 3points. And coming from behind to hammer barca 3-1 is so so sweet.
Hala Madrid!! Madrid more than a team
Re: Pepe Hits Back At Xavi by ClintonNzedimma(m): 11:56am On Oct 28, 2014
Badosqi:

No one cares whether a team win by 5-0 or 10-0. Main thing is the 3points. And coming from behind to hammer barca 3-1 is so so sweet.
Hala Madrid!! Madrid more than a team
dont ever steal the barca slogan 'more than a team'...

(1) (Reply)

Diego Costa: The Goal Drought Begins. / See What Barca Coach, Luis Enrique Did To Amuneke... / Photo: Lionel Messi Displays His 5 Ballon D'or Award Trophies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.