Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,708 members, 7,820,489 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1443457 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by olamieseun(m): 11:11am On Sep 17, 2022
Good morning all and thanks to the moderator of this forum, though I don't do DIY because i know an officer that do my passport for me.The only things that make me asked question here is to know what documents I should get ready before start the process.

Applied online....June 16, 2022
Captured.... August 25, 2022
Collection.... September 3, 2022
Office ... Alausa

Passport:40k
Fast Track:10k

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Zagee: 11:23am On Sep 17, 2022
Marike2:
1001% #TeamDIY grin grin grin

PASSPORT TIMELINE; FAMILY OF 4

Applied online....May 7, 2022
Captured....July 15 and 25, 2022
Collection....Sept 16, 2022
Office ...Ikoyi

Going by this timeline, I'll go check on my own by Friday, cuz 6weeks elapsed last week and status still on production.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by engrsyer(m): 1:16pm On Sep 17, 2022
Nigerians Can Get an International Passport for N26,000.

Nigerian Immigration Service(NIS) has confirmed that Nigerian nationals can get an international passport for N26,000. It also instructs Nigerians to stop giving money to officers, and simply make payments online. And when a bribe is demanded by officers, Nigerians are encouraged to make a report with evidence

The Nigeria Immigration service (NIS) has said that it is not only criminal on the part of the applicants but also wrong for officers to demand money to facilitate the process.

Amos Okpu, the public relations officer of NIS confirmed that a 32 pages international passport will cost only N26,000.
He urged Nigerians to apply for an international passport sitting at home.

Okpu confirmed the steps while adding NIS remains one of the foremost agencies that embraced online applications and payment processes long ago.

He said:
"For instance, applications and payment for Passports are expected to be made via passport.immigration.gov.ng by the applicants themselves.

"This is intended to eliminate all forms of cash transactions and also simplify the process across our offices. I must note that we don't yet have a perfect system but we constantly request our people to endeavour to follow the process we have emplaced. We also expect our people to make conscious efforts to plan their travels well ahead of time to avoid last minute rush."

"At the moment, we have a Passport appointment system in place but you find mounting requests for waivers & of course, this will not allow for neat processes and procedures."

Report officers demanding money further urged Nigerians to stop paying money to immigration officers and immediately report officers.

"The online process is there first to eliminate cases of anyone demanding any money.
"Applicants who sit in the comfort of their homes/offices to apply&make payments wouldn't be talking about frustration by anyone.
"However, if we receive reports about any Personnel collecting money, of course the rules will naturally be applied. Where it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, appropriate sanctions are applied.

"Our complaints channels include nis.pro@immigration.gov.ng; nis.servicom@immigration.gov.ng; +2438021819988; twitter & facebook handles(@nigimmigration)." Categories of passport and price

The categories of the passport are as follows:

32-page five-year validity (Adults and Minors);
64 page five-year validity (Adults and Minors);
64 page 10-year validity (Adults (18+) only) and
32 Page five-year Official Passport.
32 pages standard- N26,000 including bank charges;
64 Page five-year Standard Passport- N35, 000;
64 Page 10-year Standard Passport for adults only 18 years and above is N70, 000.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennylee: 1:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
olamieseun:
Good morning all and thanks to the moderator of this forum, though I don't do DIY because i know an officer that do my passport for me.The only things that make me asked question here is to know what documents I should get ready before start the process.

Office ... Alausa

Can you help me with the officer's contact ?I also need to fast track my own
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kennylee: 1:42pm On Sep 17, 2022
olamieseun:

Office ... Alausa

I don mail you
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by dizney07(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
Vocals:

You are in safe hands @SGM

Don't pay shi shi. cool

Do I need to go before my capturing date ?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sethtsadopp: 2:10pm On Sep 17, 2022
Vocals:

Seeing you with the latest launch in town is a flag if more than two.
Your luggage would be subjected to further search.

Best bet is don't come with boxes(in this case you can't escape the fact that the phone doesnt have second hand value yet, so no excuse you will still pay 20% tax on each)

If just two are found on you, you can claim you got if for personal use,obliviously you can carry up to 2personal devices(phones)
But you have to render you current device damaged or locked with passcode by your kids or PA, while you only access the phone via face ID which got damaged during a fall while in transit hence why you got yourself another device.

Don't give such excuse if carrying more than 2,else others would be seized and you might end up paying more.

Thanks so much for this information. Helpful!

I have decided I will just buy 2 only, unbox them and have the bare phones themselves in my pocket and put empty the boxes in my luggage. I can easily say one is for me and the other for my wife or even both for me sef (i can sha use two phones if i so wish). This hopefully should not be an issue. I also suspected anything above 2 will raise eyebrow.
I don't know if there is a way to ship them to USA cheaply from Singapore so i can buy an extra 4 and ship to m USA address.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TCD: 3:27pm On Sep 17, 2022
sethtsadopp:

I have decided I will just buy 2 only, unbox them and have the bare phones themselves in my pocket and put empty the boxes in my luggage. I can easily say one is for me and the other for my wife or even both for me sef (i can sha use two phones if i so wish). This hopefully should not be an issue. I also suspected anything above 2 will raise eyebrow.
I don't know if there is a way to ship them to USA cheaply from Singapore so i can buy an extra 4 and ship to m USA address.

Why not still bring them even with 20% tax. I assume tax is calculated based on using official CBN rates. If u buy each for $900 tax will be $180 x 483 official rate thats about 86k per device . I believe u plan to resell simply add that to yr margins.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by haylegbede1(m): 3:46pm On Sep 17, 2022
Hey guys what does it mean when they write AA on your collection slip?

I captured since 28th of June. No passport till date.

Just leaving alausa office.

Is there anyone facing the same issue?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by haylegbede1(m): 3:49pm On Sep 17, 2022
Viqtour:
I captured on July 27th at HQ NIS Abuja. I went today after 8 weeks and they wrote AA on my slip and they said it's not ready. This DIY is somehow oo

What does AA mean?
They have written this on my passport on three different occasions now
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RosyIsBlessed: 3:54pm On Sep 17, 2022
sexymonkey:
Captured on friday

Did you do register it online or the immigration office?

Secondly, is it new passport or you are renewing your passport?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HASSANwinger(m): 4:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
haylegbede1:

Yeah! I captured the same day bro @ Alausa Branch. My Passport yet to come out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HASSANwinger(m): 4:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
haylegbede1:

Yeah! I captured the same day @ Alausa Branch. My Passport yet to come out
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lordspiritual(m): 4:11pm On Sep 17, 2022
pufframmy:
cingrat which center
FCT headquarters
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RosyIsBlessed: 4:13pm On Sep 17, 2022
BrosMayowa:

i paid online and printed the payment receipt, application form, copy of expired passport and NIN. you'll also need to write a letter requesting for renewal too.

Which state?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Chriskrikoli: 4:26pm On Sep 17, 2022
I know even know the one wet be trend, I be jjc for nairaland. But I don get response tey tey
krcboy:

try dey read the thread so you understand how these things work boss
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 4:53pm On Sep 17, 2022
sethtsadopp:

Surely there is, but what about getting it down to NG?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2022
dizney07:

Do I need to go before my capturing date ?

Most advised if you can afford to, so as to cancel any delay or incomplete documentation
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Vocals: 5:01pm On Sep 17, 2022
TCD:

Why not still bring them even with 20% tax. I assume tax is calculated based on using official CBN rates. If u buy each for $900 tax will be $180 x 483 official rate thats about 86k per device . I believe u plan to resell simply add that to yr margins.

I believe you haven't had a first hand experience with them.

Tax is calculated based on parallel and you have limited time frame to make payments, else it will be booked and when you come to the office for it, it might have gotten missing or far away down warehouse where you will have to pay extra to search for it.

And you will end up paying in $ cash...(if you come jam craze official you will endup paying more, cos some of your $bills will be taggd as fake and stamped; it will be swapped obviously and not returned to you, if you want to drag further you will end up in $laundry unit, from there asap.)
Best bet just avoid the avoidables.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by haylegbede1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 17, 2022
HASSANwinger:

Yeah! I captured the same day bro @ Alausa Branch. My Passport yet to come out

Owfa hassan, did you do an online application as well? And did they also write AA on your collection slip when you went to check?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TCD: 5:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
Vocals:

I believe you haven't had a first hand experience with them.

Tax is calculated based on parallel and you have limited time frame to make payments, else it will be booked and when you come to the office for it, it might have gotten missing or far away down warehouse where you will have to pay extra to search for it.

And you will end up paying in $ cash...(if you come jam craze official you will endup paying more, cos some of your $bills will be taggd as fake and stamped; it will be swapped obviously and not returned to you, if you want to drag further you will end up in $laundry unit, from there asap.)
Best bet just avoid the avoidables.

Are you serious? All this happens in airport? In broad day light? Na wa o.

Why wil customs use black market rate to calulate duty

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sexymonkey(m): 8:14pm On Sep 17, 2022
RosyIsBlessed:

Did you do register it online or the immigration office?

Secondly, is it new passport or you are renewing your passport?
it was a fresh one.
I did it at the immigration office
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sethtsadopp: 8:43pm On Sep 17, 2022
Vocals:

Surely there is, but what about getting it down to NG?

I run a USA to Nigerian shipping business. I ship goods for my clients weekly from the US so once it gets to US, its not issue.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sethtsadopp: 8:45pm On Sep 17, 2022
TCD:

Hmm, this is another idea o. Are you sure the official rate for duty is 20%? Cos sometimes those criminal customs guys just slam you with any amount. If I am sure of all rates that will apply, i can calculate and if it will still be profitable paying the duty, I might even decide to import them in bulk (like 10pc) - if this will not be prohibited by the airlines themselves.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by HASSANwinger(m): 10:02pm On Sep 17, 2022
haylegbede1:

Owfa hassan, did you do an online application as well? And did they also write AA on your collection slip when you went to check?

Yes bro
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by RosyIsBlessed: 11:12pm On Sep 17, 2022
engrsyer:
Nigerians Can Get an International Passport for N26,000.

Nigerian Immigration Service(NIS) has confirmed that Nigerian nationals can get an international passport for N26,000. It also instructs Nigerians to stop giving money to officers, and simply make payments online. And when a bribe is demanded by officers, Nigerians are encouraged to make a report with evidence

The Nigeria Immigration service (NIS) has said that it is not only criminal on the part of the applicants but also wrong for officers to demand money to facilitate the process.

Amos Okpu, the public relations officer of NIS confirmed that a 32 pages international passport will cost only N26,000.
He urged Nigerians to apply for an international passport sitting at home.

Okpu confirmed the steps while adding NIS remains one of the foremost agencies that embraced online applications and payment processes long ago.

He said:
"For instance, applications and payment for Passports are expected to be made via passport.immigration.gov.ng by the applicants themselves.

"This is intended to eliminate all forms of cash transactions and also simplify the process across our offices. I must note that we don't yet have a perfect system but we constantly request our people to endeavour to follow the process we have emplaced. We also expect our people to make conscious efforts to plan their travels well ahead of time to avoid last minute rush."

"At the moment, we have a Passport appointment system in place but you find mounting requests for waivers & of course, this will not allow for neat processes and procedures."

Report officers demanding money further urged Nigerians to stop paying money to immigration officers and immediately report officers.

"The online process is there first to eliminate cases of anyone demanding any money.
"Applicants who sit in the comfort of their homes/offices to apply&make payments wouldn't be talking about frustration by anyone.
"However, if we receive reports about any Personnel collecting money, of course the rules will naturally be applied. Where it's proven beyond a reasonable doubt, appropriate sanctions are applied.

"Our complaints channels include nis.pro@immigration.gov.ng; nis.servicom@immigration.gov.ng; +2438021819988; twitter & facebook handles(@nigimmigration)." Categories of passport and price

The categories of the passport are as follows:

32-page five-year validity (Adults and Minors);
64 page five-year validity (Adults and Minors);
64 page 10-year validity (Adults (18+) only) and
32 Page five-year Official Passport.
32 pages standard- N26,000 including bank charges;
64 Page five-year Standard Passport- N35, 000;
64 Page 10-year Standard Passport for adults only 18 years and above is N70, 000.

Thanks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Isjaymoh(m): 11:38pm On Sep 17, 2022
Capturing is 26th of September

Please if you have any officer contact in Alausa kindly link me up
olamieseun:

Office ... Alausa

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by duro4real(m): 5:27pm On Sep 18, 2022
duro4real:
Good Afternoon to the good people of Nairaland, please who can assist me with a link in the Abuja headquarters. I want to do name correction on my passport, I’ll appreciate a swift responses from anyone pls.

Happy Sunday my people. Please I still need assistance on this.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by sheunsheun(m): 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2022
Good evening house. I’m due for capturing tomorrow. Please do i need to go with all of the documents listed below? Since my application is a renewal. I’m actually confused.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Hermeknorr(f): 8:21pm On Sep 18, 2022
You collected yours already? The last time I went to check they say its in AA
kennylee:
we captured the same day
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Hermeknorr(f): 8:22pm On Sep 18, 2022
I collected my fasttrack money back from the agent, I showed him werey
Hermeknorr:
I was at Festac Passport office today, I was told our passport is in AA that we should go and wait. I paid 15k extra for fasttrack , agent say I no fit drag am for money. Passport I no see, Agent he no call or pick my call. Las Las fasttrack is not sure

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BrosMayowa(m): 11:00pm On Sep 18, 2022
Marike2:

Waoh! Congrats ooh. #TeamIkoyi
Pls when did you capture? Was a text for collection sent?

Text kee? I received nothing.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: BROSLENE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.