Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,456 members, 7,816,059 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:32 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (778) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1438142 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Elitefosa: 12:20pm On Oct 25, 2023
Justbesure:

Pay your #25000 and proceed with your application there is no where that your imaginary amount have been discussed

Thank you so much
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by StealthGuy(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2023
Guys thanks so much, I went on Monday but didn't get captured in their system due to certain issues I would have handled last week and save some money.

Birth Certificate. I could have collected my Birth Certificate at my Local Council last week but I was sort of new to this process hence my ignorance. (It cost me 2500 to do) at Ijora.

Signing of Oath Form. I didn't go to oath office prior to my date of appointment but this was done yesterday at Oriade for 1500.

State/LGA of Origin. I had state of origin here in Lagos but went with LGA of origin which was scanned from the East for me. It was rejected too.

Immediately I sorted this one out, I was able to proceed almost without hindrances.

I got there almost 10am and left before 1pm at Festac. For avoidance of stress in collection, I collected one friendly lady there phone number and will rapport with her until I get a suitable date with plenty convenience for her and me.

Las las, I go give her Coca-Cola money as appreciation (pls, I'm not bribing her o).

Note as well.

Your payment receipt, should be 2 copies.
Your Place of birth should be just the city (Aba or Port Harcourt, or Lokoja, Or Ibadan). If you write (Ogbor Hill, Aba or Aba, Abia State) they'll refuse to collect it from you and refer you to cyber cafe guys. (I paid 500 for this nonsense).

Please, go with plenty cash, cos they'll order you around and you'll need money to avoid getting frustrated out of just something simple.

DIY does not mean you'll spend only 26k, budget 40k due to other contingencies that might arise.

I hope someone benefits from this.

God bless you all!

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:30pm On Oct 25, 2023
I have a question please. The completed guarantor's form that must be signed by a commissioner of oath at the high court, can I go with the form by myself or my guarantor needs to follow me for it to be signed?

ekitimanalways and others
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lightdream: 8:42pm On Oct 25, 2023
Goodevening,

Please anyone with helpful collection information at Alimosho passport office.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by suzzyrims: 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2023
Please how many weeks does it take for renewal to be ready for collection.it was captured in Abeokuta

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TYglobal: 10:03pm On Oct 25, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:
I have a question please. The completed guarantor's form that must be signed by a commissioner of oath at the high court, can I go with the form by myself or my guarantor needs to follow me for it to be signed?

If you're going to Festac, there's a "court" inside the premises there, it's just 500. But I can't confirm if it's accessible to DIYs but I believe it should be.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kizonero(m): 5:05am On Oct 26, 2023
StealthGuy:
Guys thanks so much, I went on Monday but didn't get captured in their system due to certain issues I would have handled last week and save some money.

Birth Certificate. I could have collected my Birth Certificate at my Local Council last week but I was sort of new to this process hence my ignorance. (It cost me 2500 to do) at Ijora.

Signing of Oath Form. I didn't go to oath office prior to my date of appointment but this was done yesterday at Oriade for 1500.

State/LGA of Origin. I had state of origin here in Lagos but went with LGA of origin which was scanned from the East for me. It was rejected too.

Immediately I sorted this one out, I was able to proceed almost without hindrances.

I got there almost 10am and left before 1pm at Festac. For avoidance of stress in collection, I collected one friendly lady there phone number and will rapport with her until I get a suitable date with plenty convenience for her and me.

Las las, I go give her Coca-Cola money as appreciation (pls, I'm not bribing her o).

Note as well.

Your Place of birth should be just the city (Aba or Port Harcourt, or Lokoja, Or Ibadan). If you write (Ogbor Hill, Aba or Aba, Abia State) they'll refuse to collect it from you and refer you to cyber cafe guys. (I paid 500 for this nonsense).

Please, go with plenty cash, cos they'll order you around and you'll need money to avoid getting frustrated out of just something simple.

DIY does not mean you'll spend only 26k, budget 40k due to other contingencies that might arise.

God bless you all!

Are you a fresher or renewal?
Did you make your payment in the Bank or transfer?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhyah(f): 6:24am On Oct 26, 2023
amreal7:
Please I need help.
I went for capturing today after applying online and the immigration officer said that the guarantor has to have a minimum of N2m in a bank account. Is this true?

I think it's time we started blowing whistles and calling these folks out on their social media handle... just mention the lies/misinformation you were told and the NIS office involved...Nigeria must change o

I have always hated having anything to do with a government-related office...they just like to stress somebody...but we've got no choice.

6 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by StealthGuy(m): 7:16am On Oct 26, 2023
kizonero:

Are you a fresher or renewal?
Did you make your payment in the Bank or transfer?

Fresh Applicant.

I paid with card online.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by StealthGuy(m): 7:17am On Oct 26, 2023
amreal7:
Please I need help.
I went for capturing today after applying online and the immigration officer said that the guarantor has to have a minimum of N2m in a bank account. Is this true?
I did yesterday and my guarantor form was left blank when it was asked for guarantor assets.

No one questioned me.

3 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 8:30am On Oct 26, 2023
AyobamiIsaac12:

The Commissioner of Oaths at High Court of Lagos State, Igbosere won't ask you to come with your guarantor before he or she signs the form, but I will suggest that you implore your guarantor to go with you to the court just to be on the safe side. It costs only ₦500 to get the form stamped there.
Do you reside in Lagos State?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2023
ekitimanalways:

The Commissioner of Oaths at High Court of Lagos State, Igbosere won't ask you to come with your guarantor before he or she signs the form, but I will suggest that you implore your guarantor to go with you to the court just to be on the safe side. It costs only ₦500 to get the form stamped there.
Do you reside in Lagos State?
Thank you!
No, I reside in Abuja.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AyobamiIsaac12: 8:47am On Oct 26, 2023
TYglobal:

If you're going to Festac, there's a "court" inside the premises there, it's just 500. But I can't confirm if it's accessible to DIYs but I believe it should be.
I'm actually doing it here in Abuja. Thanks for the response.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Mukah1234(m): 10:30am On Oct 26, 2023
TYglobal:

It is not accessible to DIYs.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by pat077: 2:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
Emeraldfynest:
Finally got my passport today from Ibadan Office.

Captured - May 4th
Issued - Since July 25th but I had no idea, just decided to give them few months more.
And I finally collected today, the process was entirely DIY from the moment I applied online. Thanks to all contributors on this thread for sharing valuable information that helped. It was stressful but finally worth it 🎉🎉
so ibadan is DIY friendly? Did they request for extra money?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by amreal7: 4:26pm On Oct 26, 2023
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by amreal7: 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please how did you do your vehicle license by yourself?
Lordcrixus:
DIY still works, the officers are bent to scuttle the whole process but they will not succeed. After successfully renewing my passport DIY at ikoyi passport office in November 2021 and it came out in two weeks, I have vowed not to use agent for any government agency again. This year I did my drivers license renewal and that of my wife myself and we paid the exact fee on-line without stress. This same year I took my two daughters and my sister to Alausa for passport renewal (DIY), and all three passports have been collected and were issued in two month. If you have captured before October, your passport is definitely ready, go and collect it.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Multibase2(m): 7:54pm On Oct 26, 2023
Please i need your take on this...

Was at the alimosho passport office for my third passport renewal which I did DIY and I was captured but to my surprise was told my NIN does not match the name on my international passport. That my name was join together for instance Taiwo Oladapo Tunde arranged surname, firstname and other name respectively on NIN while on Passport according to them the firstname and other name is joined together that is my surname is Taiwo while my firstname is Oladapo Tunde..

Could this be that they want to frustrate my application cause it DIY? Kind of confuse

Don't know how possible this is , as this is my third passport which I never had issue with renewing the previous one's.

The officer now said I will need to correct either the name on the NIN to March that of the passport or vice versa

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by kumbhuru: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2023
amreal7:
Please I need help.
He wants to frustrate you. Tell him to show you exactly where it was stated.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbey37(m): 2:24pm On Oct 27, 2023
hello guys hope you all had a good day?
i filled my paasport renewal application on-line myself and made payments immediately, i am supposed to capture at a centre in lagos on the 30th of this month so i decided to log on to the platform to check the status of my application and when i inputed the application number and the reference number as seen on my payment receipt the result is the picture below. what could be the problem?
what am i supposed to take along for the capture?
Thanks for your responses

The only document i have now is my payment receipt. Thanks

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Maamma135: 2:48pm On Oct 27, 2023
Pls, is DIY at Ikpoba hill, Benin city friendly?

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Maamma135: 2:55pm On Oct 27, 2023

Also, can I use a different address different from my nin address when filling the online form?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by blockgeek69(m): 3:07pm On Oct 27, 2023
Reporting from Alausa Passport Office:

I think there is a lot of improvement with passport capture and collection currently.

I went today to collect mine and for my wife, spent around 1hr 30m despite meeting a huge crowd there already. The activation is now automatic, they activate it immediately after production, so you don't need to waste time collecting and queuing for activation. That also means you can collect for your family members and friends.

Captured May,
Issued 4th September.
Collected 27th Oct.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Lordcrixus: 4:10pm On Oct 27, 2023
amreal7:
Please how did you do your vehicle license by yourself?
For my car license renewal, I usually use Autoreg. Google Autoreg Portal and sign up on the website, input your car license number and pay with ur bank card using paystack
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Sirchiboy: 6:55pm On Oct 27, 2023
Got my 10 years passport under one week in PH.
But I spend

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhyah(f): 6:57pm On Oct 27, 2023
abbey37:
hello guys hope you all had a good day?
i filled my paasport renewal application on-line myself and made payments immediately, i am supposed to capture at a centre in lagos on the 30th of this month so i decided to log on to the platform to check the status of my application and when i inputed the application number and the reference number as seen on my payment receipt the result is the picture below. what could be the problem?
what am i supposed to take along for the capture?
Thanks for your responses

The only document i have now is my payment receipt. Thanks

Check again to ensure you're not interchanging these numbers.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Rhyah(f): 7:02pm On Oct 27, 2023
Multibase2:
Please i need your take on this...

Was at the alimosho passport office for my third passport renewal which I did DIY and I was captured but to my surprise was told my NIN does not match the name on my international passport. That my name was join together for instance Taiwo Oladapo Tunde arranged surname, firstname and other name respectively on NIN while on Passport according to them the firstname and other name is joined together that is my surname is Taiwo while my firstname is Oladapo Tunde..

Could this be that they want to frustrate my application cause it DIY? Kind of confuse

Don't know how possible this is , as this is my third passport which I never had issue with renewing the previous one's.

The officer now said I will need to correct either the name on the NIN to March that of the passport or vice versa

Thanks

Prior to the enforcement of NIN across all national and government-related matters, NIN wasn't a requirement..but now, it is.

I'm not sure but I can't remember using my NIN for my previous passport.
You have your NIN slip, check to see for yourself and then do the needed.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by abbey37(m): 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2023
Rhyah:

Check again to ensure you're not interchanging these numbers.
i typed the numbers myself and later copied directly from the receipt to ensure i am interchanging or missing anyone out any
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Giftedniye: 4:14pm On Oct 28, 2023
Mukah1234:

You captured in February, why haven't you received your passport?

It's not ready and hasn't been worked on.it is still in the file collection room
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lavylilly: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
StealthGuy:

Note as well.

God bless you all!
You bribing or encouraging us to bribe

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lavylilly: 4:54pm On Oct 28, 2023
suzzyrims:
Please how many weeks does it take for renewal to be ready for collection.it was captured in Abeokuta
2weeks
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lavylilly: 4:57pm On Oct 28, 2023
Maamma135:
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (775) (776) (777) (778) (779) (780) (781) ... (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.