Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,235 members, 7,818,786 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:19 AM

Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport - Travel (827) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport (1440990 Views)

The Only Street In America With A Nigeria Name / Chinese Man Speaking Pidgin On Plane To A Nigeria Woman During A Fight / 44 Countries You Can Travel To With A Nigeria International Passport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by AZGoogle: 2:42pm On Apr 20
My passport is expired last year and now lost. I don’t have a copy of it. Someone should kindly put me through. Renewal or re-issue, which one will I do? And what’s the requirements?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by missyojo(f): 3:04pm On Apr 20
Naanlong01:

Congratulations!!

Thank you [color=#006600][/color]

Few Questions :

1. Online or offline application? Because I heard the office staff are victimising online applicants, how true is this?

I registered online and I wasn't victimized in any way, infact I didn't give any bribe for assistance.

[b][/b]

2. You said five years, how much did you pay?

It's 35k on their website, online charge is 1500 or 1600 can't remember.

3. Is it true that toddlers would now need local government of origin certificate to apply for passport under the new reforms?

I don't have any idea.

I might opt for that same office you used.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TadeDetule: 4:20pm On Apr 20
Naanlong01:

Congratulations!!

Few Questions :

1. Online or offline application? Because I heard the office staff are victimising online applicants, how true is this?

2. You said five years, how much did you pay?

3. Is it true that toddlers would now need local government of origin certificate to apply for passport under the new reforms?

I might opt for that same office you used.

Toddlers can use parent copy of local government certificate of origin

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 5:52pm On Apr 20
hammed71:
Guys my passport remains one year to expiration, can I renew now?

Apply 6 months to expiration date.

AZGoogle:
My passport is expired last year and now lost. I don’t have a copy of it. Someone should kindly put me through. Renewal or re-issue, which one will I do? And what’s the requirements?

Reissue. You might need to visit the nearest Passport office for more information.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 5:53pm On Apr 20
The Nigeria Immigration Services, (NIS), has defended its latest policy requiring proof of citizenship from Nigerians seeking to renew their passports.

In a post on X, the NIS stated that all documents required during the process of passport issuance are backed by the Nigerian constitution and the Ministry of Interior.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/687693-passport-renewal-proof-of-citizenship-mandatory-nis.html

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Panaceam: 11:25pm On Apr 20
Pls and pls if you know, can you please tell me what D.U means
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BROSLENE: 11:19pm On Apr 21
barule:
Please house, my status shows this. does it means my passport is ready for pick up?

Where did you capture, is it alausa, Ikeja??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BROSLENE: 11:20pm On Apr 21
barule:
Please house, my status shows this. does it means my passport is ready for pick up?

How long does it take pls??
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by ekitimanalways(m): 2:48am On Apr 22
hammed71:
Guys my passport remains one year to expiration, can I renew now?
...Nigerian passport must have six months validity before it can be renewed. Please note that you must present proof of citizenship or indigenship before your passport is renewed. The proof of citizenship or indigenship is a new requirement for passport renewal applicants...
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 3:14am On Apr 22
Good day, please I tried applying for a new passport with my NIN and it displayed the image attached here. What do I do please?

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 3:21am On Apr 22
Please I need the website to apply for a fresh passport because the website I used for my son's fresh passport did not request for letter of origin. I need the website because I want to be sure I am on the right website so I do not fill on a wrong page since I'm filling it myself.
Also, my birth certificate that I have is before 1990 and has Lagos states birth certificate as the subhead. Do I need an affidavit for age declaration or should I go ahead and use the old Lagos state birth certificate that I have?
Thanks in anticipation
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TadeDetule: 7:50am On Apr 22
vinoj0225:
Please I need the website to apply for a fresh passport because the website I used for my son's fresh passport did not request for letter of origin. I need the website because I want to be sure I am on the right website so I do not fill on a wrong page since I'm filling it myself.
Also, my birth certificate that I have is before 1990 and has Lagos states birth certificate as the subhead. Do I need an affidavit for age declaration or should I go ahead and use the old Lagos state birth certificate that I have?
Thanks in anticipation

Age declaration would do.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 8:04am On Apr 22
TadeDetule:

Age declaration would do.

Thank you for responding.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 8:05am On Apr 22
vinoj0225:
Good day, please I tried applying for a new passport with my NIN and it displayed the image attached here. What do I do please?

Please someone should help respond to this.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 8:18am On Apr 22
Panaceam:
Pls and pls if you know, can you please tell me what D.U means

Data Upload
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by lollypopson(f): 10:26am On Apr 22
I went to Alausa passport office today to collect my passport and I was told its still not available, i captured since 18th of January and when i tracked it since February it has been showing passport issued/produced but I've been busy to fo and collect it, only for me to go today and i was told its still not available that i should check back in 2weeks time, what could be wrong its over 3months already, I'm really angry right now
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tgirltemmy(f): 2:46pm On Apr 22
vinoj0225:

Please someone should help respond to this.

It's either your NIN is not Validated, Suspended or No Record found. Visit NIN accredited agent near you to know the exact issue with your NIN.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 3:32pm On Apr 22
Tgirltemmy:

It's either your NIN is not Validated, Suspended or No Record found. Visit NIN accredited agent near you to know the exact issue with your NIN.

Thank you for responding. I actually visited one of their agents in my neighborhood and I was told it's suspended. However, I want to be sure I am not making any mistake by patronizing them because I was told NIN should only be done at Alausa. My questions are:
1. Is it only done at Alausa?
2. Do these agent also do a credible work that will be accepted in the NIN portal? Cos I did mine with one of these agents and now my NIN is suspended.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Danny4God(m): 5:23pm On Apr 22
I was at the immigration office today, its 6 weeks already after I captured so I decided to go check if my passport is ready. Not up to an hour my slip was returned that my passport is not yet ready DU was written on the slip initially it was AA the previous time I visited, so I was so curious to know what that means ,so I approached an officer he now told me its Data upload, but what I want to ask is if it gets to this stage of DU is it still going to take time before it will be ready?
aieromon:

Data Upload

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 5:27pm On Apr 22
Danny4God:
I was at the immigration office today, its 6 weeks already after I captured so I decided to go check if my passport is ready. Not up to an hour my slip was returned that my passport is not yet ready DU was written on the slip initially it was AA the previous time I visited, so I was so curious to know what that means ,so I approached an officer he now told me its Data upload, but what I want to ask is if it gets to this stage of DU is it still going to take time before it will be ready?

AA - Awaiting approval

If booklets are available, it should be out in a month's time.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by aieromon(m): 5:29pm On Apr 22
vinoj0225:

Thank you for responding. I actually visited one of their agents in my neighborhood and I was told it's suspended. However, I want to be sure I am not making any mistake by patronizing them because I was told NIN should only be done at Alausa. My questions are:
2. Do these agent also do a credible work that will be accepted in the NIN portal? Cos I did mine with one of these agents and now my NIN is suspended.

Visit the nearest NIMC office for resolution.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Danny4God(m): 6:02pm On Apr 22
The status now is DU not AA again
aieromon:

AA - Awaiting approval

If booklets are available, it should be out in a month's time.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by BROSLENE: 10:37pm On Apr 22
lollypopson:
I went to Alausa passport office today to collect my passport and I was told its still not available, i captured since 18th of January and when i tracked it since February it has been showing passport issued/produced but I've been busy to fo and collect it, only for me to go today and i was told its still not available that i should check back in 2weeks time, what could be wrong its over 3months already, I'm really angry right now

Ahhh!! That's bull shit. Normally, no doubt your passport is ready probably the officers are too lazy to check weller . Me wey do capturing on March 28th now I'm starting to doubt my collection by next month.
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by finesthaykay(m): 3:47pm On Apr 23
LetsTravel:

I recommend you check at the NIS center you did the registration it might be ready for collection. I googled the error and someone on Nairaland said the passport is ready if it shows that. I did my capturing today in Berlin, I was able to track it immediately I was done and it showed passport in production and now it returns the same error as yours.

The status is showing issued/ collected, does that mean i can go to NIS center for collection though I was told to come back in May
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tgirltemmy(f): 7:48pm On Apr 23
Good Evening, I had the same issue and was on it from December last year till March this year. NIN was suspended mostly because of IPE [Internal Processing Error]. I didn't visit NIMC Alausa at all, because it was crowded and that was when NIN Agent Login was suspended.

You can do it at any accredited agent's office. However, do not do non-appearance registration, they are mostly scams and cause more issues. I did mine for 7k and sorted it out within a week.

Before then I paid 15k to the guy beside the passport office at Alausa but he stalled me for 3 months, and I had to request a refund.

Ensure you go to a physical office, do not let the online agents scam you.

vinoj0225:

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TadeDetule: 11:42pm On Apr 23
finesthaykay:

The status is showing issued/ collected, does that mean i can go to NIS center for collection though I was told to come back in May
Abeg when did you capture please
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 12:16am On Apr 24
Tgirltemmy:
Good Evening, I had the same issue and was on it from December last year till March this year. NIN was suspended mostly because of IPE [Internal Processing Error]. I didn't visit NIMC Alausa at all, because it was crowded and that was when NIN Agent Login was suspended.

You can do it at any accredited agent's office. However, do not do non-appearance registration, they are mostly scams and cause more issues. I did mine for 7k and sorted it out within a week.

Before then I paid 15k to the guy beside the passport office at Alausa but he stalled me for 3 months, and I had to request a refund.

Ensure you go to a physical office, do not let the online agents scam you.

Thank you for your response. It's reassuring as I didn't want to be scammed by the person that told me it's been suspended. However, I'll like to ask where you did yours again. Is it in Lagos ?
Please what do you mean by non - appearance?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by chiboy441(m): 2:29am On Apr 24
AZGoogle:

Reissuing. But note; Your passport remains on the immigration officer system. They might ask you to provide the old one or police report when issuing another one. While filling the passport form online, make sure all name matches the old one. If not, it will show as if you are trying to manipulate the system.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by Tgirltemmy(f): 8:47am On Apr 24
Good Morning, Yes I did mine in Lagos, around Iyana Ipaja. Non-appearance is when you are not physically present for recapturing.

vinoj0225:

Thank you for your response. It's reassuring as I didn't want to be scammed by the person that told me it's been suspended. However, I'll like to ask where you did yours again. Is it in Lagos ?
Please what do you mean by non - appearance?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by finesthaykay(m): 1:52pm On Apr 24
TadeDetule:

Abeg when did you capture please
20th Feb 2024
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by vinoj0225(f): 6:07pm On Apr 24
Tgirltemmy:
Good Morning, Yes I did mine in Lagos, around Iyana Ipaja. Non-appearance is when you are not physically present for recapturing.

Were you asked for affidavit or valid i.d?
Re: Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport by TadeDetule: 9:29pm On Apr 24
finesthaykay:

20th Feb 2024

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (824) (825) (826) (827) (828) (829) (Reply)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 2 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.