Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,850 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:14 AM

Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? (1252 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Allowing Your Wife Work Under Someone / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 28, 2014
Terfa and his wife, Monica, are trying to come to terms with a change
in their family status and the decision is not giving them any joy. They
actually met at their work place and after a spate of office romance,
they got married.

But the bone of contention » at the moment is that Monica has been
promoted above her husband who is now her subordinate. Knowing
how female bosses are, Terfa is not happy that his wife is now calling
the shots in the office. He is in two minds, whether to resign and look
for another job or to continue working under his wife.

On Morning Teaser » today, we ask: would you be happy to work
under your wife » in the office? And for a woman, do you think a
husband should be his wife's subordinate?

http://pulse.ng/community/morning-teaser-would-you-work-under-your-spouse-in-an-organisation-id3225562.html?utm_campaign=morning-teaser-would-you-work-under-your-spouse-in-an-organisation&utm_medium=social&utm_source=facebook

Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Tallesty1(m): 9:20am On Oct 28, 2014
No
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:23am On Oct 28, 2014
Terfa should stop thinkin nonsense jor... He should stop seriously... For the fact that they are maried doesnt mean he should not respect her office as his boss.... That is d reason why i frown at office romance... D woman on her own part wouldnt even be thinkin abt such , she will still see him as her husband and give him his maximum respect as his wife... Wen it comes to the office, it should be kept strictly professionall. Wen they go bak home, den the role wil change,.. If he cant tolerate the new change den he should quit the mariage,. Men and dr useless ego... Na me tell am mk him go do office romance or ddint he think of such occupational hazard befor he chykd her? If i were the main boss and i found out that such thing is happenin under my firm, i would outrightly sack both of dem or if am kind enuf, transfer one of them to another branch while dey stil retain thr position...

3 Likes

Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:30am On Oct 28, 2014
Impossible!
I can't work under my spouse
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
The man is stùpid.

I can work under my spouse.

The woman shouldn't give a fùck about what her husband is thinking.

Smh
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Rapsainot(m): 9:32am On Oct 28, 2014
Cutehector4u:
Terfa should stop thinkin nonsense jor... He should stop seriously... For the fact that they are maried doesnt mean he should not respect her office as his boss.... That is d reason why i frown at office romance... D woman on her own part wouldnt even be thinkin abt such , she will still see him as her husband and give him his maximum respect as his wife... Wen it comes to the office, it should be kept strictly professionall. Wen they go bak home, den the role wil change,.. If he cant tolerate the new change den he should quit the mariage,. Men and dr useless ego... Na me tell am mk him go do office romance or ddint he think of such occupational hazard befor he chykd her? If i were the main boss and i found out that such thing is happenin under my firm, i would outrightly sack both of dem or if am kind enuf, transfer one of them to another branch while dey stil retain thr position...

The oyinbos can be funny sometimes...

They lack respect..

Now that she's her husband's boss is now an added advantage
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Evina(f): 9:35am On Oct 28, 2014
Cutehector4u:

shocked shocked shocked wow! Coming from a dude! Wow. It takes a real man to recognize and acknowledge personal weaknesses. My respect for you just went a notch higher.

@ op: I think there is a reason many organizations prohibit romantic relationships amongst staff.

As to your question, " And for a woman, do you think a husband should be his wife's subordinate?" Should I reject a promotion I have worked hard for because my husband would become a subordinate in the office? That is most silly. Being a successful leader is not about bossing people around, so my husband would need not feel threatened.

However, I would prefer to have a business partnership with my husband over working as colleagues, under the employ of another.

1 Like

Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by balash(m): 9:39am On Oct 28, 2014
If you can't control yourself enough where your wife is the boss where u work then u sure as hell can't care or love a woman, in this situation's the woman is always so careful but men and ego won't just allow him,even folds of bad peer's would probably advise him in negative way's.

Office is where u work and respect is giving to the boss no matter the position's,age,situation or relationship. Home is where u live as married ccouple and yes respect is supposed to be giving to each party as well,respect is needed in marriage as well as anywhere.
If you can't allow your wife to be your boss in the office,then probably such man would treat a woman like a dog at home too. Marriage earn's respect too,when u respect your partner she does as well,she cook's,clean,care's for the kids and u even sleep with her and u still not respecting her and treat her like a queen! Any man who can't do such can't equally love and care for a woman.. I can work under her as far as we both respect eachother then I have no problem am still the bread winner though..

1 Like

Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 28, 2014
Evina:

shocked shocked shocked wow! Coming from a dude! Wow. It takes a real man to recognize and acknowledge personal weaknesses. My respect for you just went a notch higher.

@ op: I think there is a reason many organizations prohibit romantic relationships amongst staff.

As to your question, " And for a woman, do you think a husband should be his wife's subordinate?" Should I reject a promotion I have worked hard for because my husband would become a subordinate in the office? That is most silly. Being a successful leader is not about bossing people around, so my husband would need not feel threatened.

However, I would prefer to have a business partnership with my husband over working as colleagues, under the employ of another.
yh dats the main reason for organizations prohibiting romanctic rships among staff... Wen it comes to proffesion. Things should be kept ptofessionall..i mean, last tym i checked, the company dd not belong to terfa nor did it look like they were in thr matrimonal home... So the man ought to observe office rules nd protocol... Lol ..
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 28, 2014
Rapsainot:

The oyinbos can be funny sometimes...

They lack respect..

Now that she's her husband's boss is now an added advantage

So?

Na your African women get respect?
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by radiant3(f): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2014
Terfa should do d needful if he does nt wnt monica to boss him arnd.
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by dre11(m): 11:25am On Oct 28, 2014
The only time I can work under mah spouse is when we are in the bedroom. .......

After that

Nah different organizations ooo

I though that companies policies don't even allow married people to work under thesame establishment at the same place unless it's different regions
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Alexsmith20(m): 12:05pm On Oct 28, 2014
It depends on the mutual understanding between the couple.
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
Just a wierd set up. I cannot report to my wife and my wife cannot report to me. Most organisations wouldnt even allow that. So una go dey bring your marital issues to the office abi. Better still, una go plan together to defraud the office. Or una go dey promote each other. Doesn't make sense either way.

Work and life should be separate.
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by TV01(m): 1:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
Wifey reports directly to me in our family organisation...it's working fine cool!

TV

**no dotted lines sha grin**
Re: Would You Work Under Your Spouse In An Organisation? by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 28, 2014
Where she's the boss in the office ,I'm the boss ahome !!

(1) (Reply)

The Bad And Ugly Of Social Media To Kids / 10 Simple Ways To Make Your Wife Happy / My Brother Must Not Marry Her.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.