Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,196 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:13 AM

Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? (6237 Views)

Mobil-1 5w20 And 5w-30 Oil / Have You Used Milemaster 5w-30 Oil Before? / Milemaster 5w-20 and 5w-30 Oil Price Reduction On Konga (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by colossus2: 5:06am On Nov 09, 2014
Issyman:
where is ds shop? I want to buy the transmission fluid typeIV.
It's in Benin, Edo state.
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by adanny01(m): 11:02am On Nov 10, 2014
drhappy:
@utuphbe: the recommended engine oil for the RX300 according to the manual is the synthetic blend not the semisynthetic variant(milemaster's 5w-30). You might just be frying your engine gradually without knowing it. Even the konga site is silent on the Rx despite recommending the oil for V6 of Camry, Highlander & Solara.

drhappy:
my initial submission was based specifically on the Rx300.
@colossus2: I think your oil should be okay if you get it from accredited Toyota dealers because of adulteration as earlier stated on this thread. As for the service interval, it is said that 5000km or 3months(whichever comes first) should suffice to guard against sludge which the RX is prone to.
However, I use the oil specified by my engine cap.Please note the SAE and API directives.These and many others tallied with the manufacturer's instructions.

From the picture you posted, it is primary to use oil that is designed for gasoline engines, minimum API rating of SJ, SAE 5w30 and energy conserving. Using synthetic, synthetic blend or dyno oil is secondary and a user choice. However, your choice of oil will change your recommended service interval, thats all.

Please Note that the latest API Rate is SN (2011) which which is well above the older SM (2004), SL (2001) and SJ (1997). These ratings are backwards compatible but with exceptions. So, it means you can use SN, SM, SL, SJ but not SH, SG, SF etc
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by Seun(m): 5:08pm On Nov 19, 2014
adanny01:

It makes no economic sense to buy synthetic 5w30 @ 10k while there is a synthetic blend 5w30 @6k.

Konga is the way since you will get quality filter bundled.
Synthetic lasts longer.
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by Nobody: 5:30pm On Nov 19, 2014
Seun:
Synthetic lasts longer.

Seun, when did you start to develop interest in cars?
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by gambus007(m): 6:43pm On Nov 19, 2014
if i buy 5w-30 Synthetic for honda accord 2000 or toyota corolla 2003 and i drive 100km per day for 5days. My question is how many Km covers is the best to change oil?with good oil filter? Thank you in advance
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by adanny01(m): 9:00pm On Nov 19, 2014
Seun:
Synthetic lasts longer.

What i was refering to was the price difference.

10k synthetic vs 6k semi synthetic
Synthetic 10kmiles vs semi synthetic 7.5kmiles

It is economically convenient for me to service my car twice at 6kmiles with semi synthetic than one time with synthetic oil at 10kmiles.
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by adanny01(m): 9:18pm On Nov 19, 2014
gambus007:
if i buy 5w-30 Synthetic for honda accord 2000 or toyota corolla 2003 and i drive 100km per day for 5days. My question is how many Km covers is the best to change oil?with good oil filter? Thank you in advance

You car owners manual specifies service interval in distance covered or time elapsed whichever comes first. However, you must have used manufacturer recommended engine oil and filter to follow their service recommendation to the latter.

For example, 2003 Honda Accord 4l owners manual recommends service at 10,000miles or 1year which ever comes first.

There are a whole list of items to replace at various intervals.
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by Issyman(m): 5:33am On Dec 07, 2014
chiebube:
Hello folks, pls where can i buy the 5w-30 oil in Abuja? If you have for sale, kindly contact me.

Chiebube
@chiebube
Goodmorning chief, which oil did you eventually settled for? And how much is it, service interval and finally where did you get it from.
Thanks
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by Issyman(m): 1:52pm On Dec 10, 2014
IdaraCHODB:

Anny Japan has Mobil 1 5w- 30 at Gudu for 2,000.00 per 1L jug. Call him on 08033146927 or visit him at Shop W43, Block 15 by second gate.

I personally prefer it to that semi synthetic you find online (check my posts on engine oil to find out why)

Visited his shop on tuesday. I bought the toyota 5W30 from him. He is a humble man.
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by banky3w(m): 4:46am On Dec 11, 2014
tsiriman:

How is he able to sell it so cheap, is it actually the real thing?
The 5L jug is sold for 18k in kaduna while the 1L pack of 6 is sold for 21k.
Please where is this sold in Kaduna?
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by chukel(m): 6:32am On Dec 11, 2014
banky3w:

just buy from konga
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by appleshop: 6:37am On Dec 11, 2014
Seun:
Synthetic lasts longer.

True. But you need to qualify it.

A true synthetic is made using group IV or group V base oil stocks. This is what most European Oils Blenders use. Unfortunately most of the oils we personally import come from the United States which allows group III base oil stocks to be considered as synthetic.

So we have a situation where oils made from group III base oil stocks can claim to be 100% Fully Synthetic provided they will be sold or manufactured in the United States. Castrol started this and many other Oil Manufacturers followed suit.

Today most people rely on a known brand name rather than research as a guide in selecting motor oils for their cars forgetting that oil manufacturers from time to time alter the formulations that form the oils.

I remember in the 90s when a certain synthetic oil was launched in Lagos claiming to last 25,000kms. Today we are told that the extended performance version of this oil will go 25,0000kms. So what does the normal version do today? If you conduct a search online you will find that the normal version is now being made using group III base oil stock while the extended performance version is made using group IV base oil stock.

We shall get there slowly but surely and many of us will waste money in the process.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by tsiriman(m): 8:43am On Dec 11, 2014
banky3w:

Almuhamsay on warff road. Some told me that mobil warff road have started selling too
Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by appleshop: 8:59am On Dec 11, 2014
drhappy:
@utuphbe: the recommended engine oil for the RX300 according to the manual is the synthetic blend not the semisynthetic variant(milemaster's 5w-30). You might just be frying your engine gradually without knowing it. Even the konga site is silent on the Rx despite recommending the oil for V6 of Camry, Highlander & Solara.

Semi -synthetic and Synthetic Blend mean the same thing. They were introduced to lengthen the Oil Change Interval. It is more of cost saving than technological advancement. Remember that in certain countries the labour charge for an oil change may cost more than the oil and filter.

The data sheet of any good oil will state the lower and upper temperature limits that the oil will flow or resist thermal breakdown. Have you compared these limits for a conventional vs blend vs full synthetic ? That is the only way you can be sure that an engine might be "fried" using a particular motor oil as against using a better known / advertised brand.

The Castrol site states the flash point for their 5w30 conventional and synthetic ( edge with synthec power ) power is greater than 200 degrees centigrade. Mobil is more accurate. Their 5w30 conventional is 221 degrees centigrade while their mobil 1 5w30 is 230 degrees centigrade. According to the Milemaster website the flash point of their 5w30 synthetic blend is 231 degrees centigrade.

So in conclusion unless the RX engine reaches temperatures exceeding 231 degrees you are fine with milemaster or any oil sharing its characteristics.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pls Where Can I Buy The 5w-30 Oil In Abuja? by USPlaceofAutos: 3:54pm On Feb 06, 2017
Automedics Abuja: NIPCO Filling station, Obafemi Awolowo way, Jab I Abuja, FCT. ,
Phone No: 08095715699 (Ms Adams)
Mr Ernest 07063187208 Abuja

Contact Information:
US Place of Autos
10, Veteran Plaza,
433 Herbert Macaulay way,
St Agnes,
Yaba, Lagos
Telephone: 09035870964
E-mail: info@usplaceofautos.com
Twitter handle: @usplaceofautos

(1) (2) (Reply)

Julius Berger Resumes Work On Apapa-oshodi Expressway (pictures) / The Remain Of A Family Car After Crashing Into A Wall With 120MPH. / Toyota Tundra Experience

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.