Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,536 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:39 PM

[must Read] Are Youth Corpers Educated Slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slav - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / [must Read] Are Youth Corpers Educated Slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slav (663 Views)

Kaduna Govt. To Acquire Peugeot, Targets 90,000 Cars Yearly.. / Are Youth Really The Leaders Of Tomorrow? / Melaye: Private Jet Equals Private Death, Stop The Stealing Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[must Read] Are Youth Corpers Educated Slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slav by EngrAbiola: 7:31pm On Oct 28, 2014
[Must Read] Are Youth Corpers educated slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slavery made Compulsory)

Many prospective corpers might probably be fidgeting to leave for the NYSC camp especially after an epidemic wait. I was reactively excited when

i initially heard the rumour of the camp duration to have been reduced to 3days due to the fear of EVD. Out break. But, I guess its all back to the

usual 3 weeks of camp arrest, after W.H.O. has officially announced that the country now has 0% record of the virus.
Permit me to explain a latent truth some of us as graduates and prospective corpers might not understand. The secret behind this is that we are

only being used as educated slaves for a compulsory duration of 12 months. A brilliant idea by those involved(the employers) to save big time

rather than employ qualified graduates for such offices. The difference save is still used for their own selfish interest. Ok, now you probably have

been called a graduate for say months or even a year and what difference does it make as you are yet to answer the so called clarion call.

After spending 4,5,6 or even more years in the higher institution, you are now limited to an allowance of N19,800 about ($120) every month for a

year. Peanut! After making some of this corpers used to the monthly allowance for such duration of time, they are now given what i call a "go

home letter" making them to start all over again job hunting. I can imagine the frustration conveyed in the heart of the unemployed. Maybe, this

whole thing would have been a better idea if and only if after the conclusion of the service, graduates are certain of a job or better still paid a

reasonable amount that they could use to get self employed. And not for employers to utilise their educated man power and drop them after

365days so as to take in freshers. Chai! Reminds me of what a promiscuous man does to ladies. How many developed countries are known to put

their graduates through such an un-necessary hitch. At this point, someone might say Americans do. America emulated the system from Isreal

who made theirs compulsory. Hence, about 80% Isrealite youth have military training. Yes, no doubt about that but what becomes of the youth

during and after the training. Are they left to loiter the streets for donkey years job hunting?
We say its a service to humanity yet, how many of this corpers are retained regardless of the quality of their degrees, even after their relentless

efforts and services. Simply because they expect another batch of corpers who will replace their services. Hence, the rapid growth of un-

employment seem impossible to be expunged from the full list of problems...

To my own opinion, time is a respecter of no man and to that regards FG. and other employers should permanently employ and not temporary

subject graduates to part time jobs as an anual routine.

Written By

Tony E. Fancee (@VoiceOfFancee)

Source:http://musbizublog.com/?p=24253
Re: [must Read] Are Youth Corpers Educated Slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slav by nomabeeee(f): 7:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
Nice write up buh I dnt quite agree wt u
Re: [must Read] Are Youth Corpers Educated Slaves? (NYSC Equals National Yearly Slav by EngrAbiola: 7:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
nomabeeee:
Nice write up buh I dnt quite agree wt u

like what dnt you agree on

(1) (Reply)

#whatdoesbhwant: (it’s Far From What We Think) -ahmad Salkida / Tambuwal: Another Good Creation Of Tinubu - Ikechukwu Orji / Fresh Explosion Rocks High School In Yobe; Many Feared Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.