Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,300 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story (3414 Views)

Finally! The Pope Agrees With Muslims “Jesus Did Not Die At The Cross” / Newsflash!! Forget Bigbang, Forget Creationism, The Universe Had No Begining. / Who The Hell Said The Big Bang And Evolution Explain Life??????? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Teek05(f): 12:33am On Oct 29, 2014
The pope of the roman catholic church said today that he agrees with the evolution and bigbang theory of creation. That God is not a magician with a magic wand to just make things appear.
For the full gist, visit
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/pope-francis-declares-evolution-and-big-bang-theory-are-right-and-god-isnt-a-magician-with-a-magic-wand-9822514.html
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by eightsin(m): 12:40am On Oct 29, 2014
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by philtrum(m): 2:10am On Oct 29, 2014
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Happinext(m): 5:04am On Oct 29, 2014
Insult on God

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Happinext(m): 5:43am On Oct 29, 2014
DID GOD USE
EVOLUTION?
Many who do not
believe in the Bible
embrace the
theory that living
things emerged
from lifeless
chemicals through
unknown and mindless processes.
Supposedly, at some point a bacteria-
like, self-replicating organism arose,
gradually branching out into all the
species that exist today. This would
imply that ultimately the mind-
bogglingly complex human actually
evolved from bacteria.
The theory of evolution is also
embraced by many who claim to
accept the Bible as the word of God.
They believe that God produced the
first burst of life on earth but then
simply monitored, and perhaps
steered, the process of evolution.
That, however, is not what the Bible
says.
According to
the Bible,
Jehovah God
created all the
basic kinds of
plant and
animal life, as
well as a
perfect man
and woman
who were
capable of self-
awareness,
love, wisdom,
and justice.
The kinds of
animals and
plants created
by God have
obviously
undergone
changes and have produced
variations within the kinds. In
many cases, the resulting life-
forms are remarkably different
from one another.
The Bible account of creation does
not conflict with the scientific
observation that variations occur
within a kind.
jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201403/untold-story-of-creation/#?insight[search_id]=9e44068c-6f03-4f9f-ada4-55e44b847f6b&insight[search_result_index]=3

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by alentyno: 6:17am On Oct 29, 2014
I am not surprised. Catholic church is flawed only because the people who run it are...... only God knows what.

First it was about gays/lesbians

Now it is evolution/big-bang

Welldone Francis

Tags: italo syncan ubenedictus. You peeps can as well start your defending spree as usual SMH!!
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Nobody: 6:20am On Oct 29, 2014
Was about to post this. The Pope is obviously smarter than a lot of Christians.

5 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Leobreezy(m): 7:26am On Oct 29, 2014
I really don't like commenting on matters of religion here on nairaland because of how ignorant some people choose to be but this I cannot stand. I was shocked when I saw this on Facebook this morning. Is he insinuating that God does not have the power to create intelligent humans from dust? Is he implying that the Bible is just an old story book? With each passing day this Pope continues to go beyond the teachings of the bible in order to bring more people into the church. This was exactly what Emperor Constantine did when he indoctrinated many pagan beliefs into the church and look at what it is now, a mix of practices and celebrations which no one can defend with the bible. If this goes on, I won't be surprised when soon gay catholics will start teaching the theory of evolution and the big bang theory to little kids. Christians heed the warning in Matthew 7:15-20

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Trailblazer1(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2014
I'm not surprised really,the believe of catholic fundamentalist has always contradicted the word of God. From the inception of the catholic church in Rome, there has been great deviations from the word of God- from paganizing Christianity, to the worship of Mary, to Gayism and so on.
No wonder there was a break away that produced the Anglicans, The Methodists, and the pentecostals.

You can call them Protestants. Thank God the realized the truth early and separated, we would have all been in darkness by now.

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Kay17: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2014
There is the labourious task of reconciling the Bible with modern Science. And somebody has to try it otherwise the Bible is steered in opposition to modern Science. A secondary crisis within the Christian conscience is telling the truth. Sometimes telling the truth pits you against Faith.

The theory of evolution and the big ban.g theory prove how complex the workings of the Universe are and how beyond the wift of a wand they are.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by ojimbo(m): 4:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
I love this man, too. I never thought
that the Pope would have more
enlightened and liberal views than
many Republicans in the US. What is
happening to africa?

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by wiegraf: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Get a gun, completely miss the target. Then move the target, punch a hole in it, and claim you hit the bull's eye.

^^^Patented by religions since the dawn of time. Or, as put elsewhere, when the first conman met the first mugu

Very funny how black man is here telling oyinbo how to go about handling his religion. You have your own, in no way inferior to theirs. Go work on those.

You think he cares about your silly ideals from circa 300AD? (The 300BC ones from the greek are better and more relevant sef.) He's concerned with his influence were the power is, the west, not you.

And his efforts are in vain. Inevitably, the relevance of his organization will be relegated to that of the Grannny's Football League lowest division (no offence to the grannies).

Education. A good thing, a-murdering religion. Patented since the dawn of the scientific era.

6 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by urheme: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
if the evolution theory posit that man evolved from primitive to civilised, I would agree to that.

but that one amoeba changes into an insect and then became some kind of animal, then an ape then a human being. come on,
I no gree at all
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by EvilBrain1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
I don't see why everybody is praising the man. Admitting the truth of what has long been basic science is hardly praise worthy. Besides, his predecessors like pope Pius xii and pope John-Paul ii had already conceded this as far back as 1950.

And let's not ignore the fact that what he's proposing is theocentric or god-guided evolution which us just as unscientific and just as wrong as regular creationism. The whole point of the theory of evolution is that there is no plan and no agent guiding it. Life evolves via the mechanism of natural selection and no designer is needed to explain all the variety and complexity of life.

If the pope is right and human beings evolved, that means there was no Adam and Eve. No Adam and Eve means no original sin and no need for a saviour to die for us. So is the pope going to admit that Christianity is all nonsense and disband the church? Is he going to stop fighting to deny women their bodily autonomy? Is he going to try and end the superstitious rituals that herd innocent children into the claws of pedøphiles?

Or is this just an empty PR move to make catholic dogma look less retãrded to an increasingly educated public? Just like when they eventually agreed that the earth wasn't the centre of the universe. We still have less evidence of that than we do for evolution.

4 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by krayzieklay(m): 11:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
Leobreezy:
I really don't like commenting on matters of religion here on nairaland because of how ignorant some people choose to be but this I cannot stand. I was shocked when I saw this on Facebook this morning. Is he insinuating that God does not have the power to create intelligent humans from dust? Is he implying that the Bible is just an old story book? With each passing day this Pope continues to go beyond the teachings of the bible in order to bring more people into the church. This was exactly what Emperor Constantine did when he indoctrinated many pagan beliefs into the church and look at what it is now, a mix of practices and celebrations which no one can defend with the bible. If this goes on, I won't be surprised when soon gay catholics will start teaching the theory of evolution and the big bang theory to little kids. Christians heed the warning in Matthew 7:15-20
Open your eyes,bro. You can't tell me you know the bible and history of Christianity more than the Pope.

I sincerely hope you guys will think out of the box one day.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Happinext(m): 11:38pm On Oct 29, 2014
krayzieklay:

Open your eyes,bro. You can't tell me you know the bible and history of Christianity more than the Pope.

Let the pope think out of the box and adopt same-sex marriage. How would that make you feel? Innovative?

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by honeychild(f): 11:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
Nothing new here. The Catholic Church has been watering down Christianity in order to gain popularity since the time of Constantine!
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by krayzieklay(m): 12:01am On Oct 30, 2014
Happinext:

Let the pope think out of the box and adopt same-sex marriage. How would that make you feel? Innovative?
It will be a welcome development most definitely. Live and let live,remember?

@least,its better than doing 'mummy and daddy' with toddlers and adolescents in hidden closets.
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Leobreezy(m): 12:35am On Oct 30, 2014
krayzieklay:

Maybe I don't. Buy I definitely know the bible kicks against homosexual practices in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 if not God might as well apologize to the Sodomites whom He destroyed as a result of their gross sin. And I know for a certainty humans didn't evolve from apes, we were created from dust with the ability to think and reason. If the Pope knows all this so well, why does he yet agree with unbiblical teachings and practices? There's a thin line between thinking outside the box and thinking completely out of context. We do well not to add to what the Bible says Revelation 22:18,19
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Leobreezy(m): 1:00am On Oct 30, 2014
A food for thought to all evolutionists before I leave the thread. If natural selection posits that survival traits are developed and passed on from generation to generation therefore eliminating less favorable traits, why haven't humans "developed" the ability to withstand diseases without needing medications? Why haven't we "developed" the ability to live forever, a natural desire of all living things? Why haven't we "developed" skins that can withstand the effects of the ever worsening climate? Why haven't we "developed" the abilities we seek from gadgets and devices? Why haven't we "developed" the ability to naturally eliminate hereditary diseases?
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by krayzieklay(m): 6:30am On Oct 30, 2014
Leobreezy:
Maybe I don't. Buy I definitely know the bible kicks against homosexual practices in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11 if not God might as well apologize to the Sodomites whom He destroyed as a result of their gross sin. And I know for a certainty humans didn't evolve from apes, we were created from dust with the ability to think and reason. If the Pope knows all this so well, why does he yet agree with unbiblical teachings and practices? There's a thin line between thinking outside the box and thinking completely out of context. We do well not to add to what the Bible says Revelation 22:18,19
The bible is just an old (constitutional)story book,sir. Just to keep the ancient Jewish peeps on check. Every tribe or ethnicity(including yours) also followed the same style back then,even till now. The reason why Christianity is more popular is simply because it was politicized, thanks to the romans. Even some of the Jews can attest to this,that's y majority don't take most part of the bible(Torah) seriously theses days. Ever wondered why most of them are called Jewish Atheists?

Let me ask you some questions: God destroyed Sodom because of that so called gross sin,yh? How come the gross sin continued aftermath? Your God knows tomorrow,abi? Why did he destroy sodom when he knows humans are gonna do worse in the future? I think he needs to apologise to those sodomites,bro. Or better still,allow them enter heaven as compensation.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by krayzieklay(m): 6:38am On Oct 30, 2014
Leobreezy:
A food for thought to all evolutionists before I leave the thread. If natural selection posits that survival traits are developed and passed on from generation to generation therefore eliminating less favorable traits, why haven't humans "developed" the ability to withstand diseases without needing medications? Why haven't we "developed" the ability to live forever, a natural desire of all living things? Why haven't we "developed" skins that can withstand the effects of the ever worsening climate? Why haven't we "developed" the abilities we seek from gadgets and devices? Why haven't we "developed" the ability to naturally eliminate hereditary diseases?
lool.. Do you think evolution takes place every four years? We are talking about millions of years before even one of what u mentioned above can take place..

I assume u are a creationist. So you don't believe dinosaurs existed?
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by ebenice(m): 7:36am On Oct 30, 2014
The pope views doesn't decide for all christains. Christainity doesn't depend on the pope. JESUS CHRIST alone is the epitome of Christainity, thus, anything contrary to JESUS' teachings and belief is Totaly off point and satanic...

Remember when Jesus was asked if it were a sin to divorce and marry another. Jesus replied in the begining He made them male and female. I.e adam and eve, hence, Jesus Himself acknowledge adam and eve so who is Greater? JESUS or francis? Follow Jesus and not the pope as everyone will stand and give account of their lives b4 God, me, you and the pope. .

Matthew 24 vs 11
And many false prophets shall arise and shall decieve many.... Vs 5..for many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ, and shall decieve many.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 30, 2014
It's either the pope is right and the bible is wrong, or the bible is right and the pope is wrong. The bible is right- I stand by the biblical theory of creation.

2 Likes

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Boss13: 9:19am On Oct 30, 2014
candy:
It's either the pope is right and the bible is wrong, or the bible is right and the pope is wrong. The bible is right- I stand by the biblical theory of creation.

Do you think you know the bible better than the Pope? Or do you think you are more spiritually inclined than the pope? In Vatican, lies in its libraries rare books that the world cannot reach. Books if release will shake your very faith. I believe this Pope was selected to gradually unleash the truth. The catholic church is repositioning itself for this generation. Change is constant and we can see that in all things. We can see that with the way we reason in the 21st century and the technological advancement achieved.

I believe in the evolution theory. I believe man evolved and is still evolving.
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 30, 2014
Boss13:

Do you think you know the bible better than the Pope? Or do you think you are more spiritually inclined than the pope? In Vatican, lies in its libraries rare books that the world cannot reach. Books if release will shake your very faith. I believe this Pope was selected to gradually unleash the truth. The catholic church is repositioning itself for this generation. Change is constant and we can see that in all things. We can see that with the way we reason in the 21st century and the technological advancement achieved.

I believe in the evolution theory. I believe man evolved and is still evolving.
To each one his own.
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Rapaltar(m): 9:59am On Oct 30, 2014
Deluded religious fanatics
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 30, 2014
I think I gonna love this discussion or thread.

What I hunt for is the TRUTH and if the Truth is the TRUTH then the Truth should then be accepted as the TRUTH.

No one yet knows what's the TRUTH because it is the yet the unknown or unseen. When you seek it even, you receive condemnation for wanting to know the TRUTH.
I won't call this the TRUTH but I yet seek for the TRUTH to unveil itself that there would be salvation ,freedom and liberation.

For those of you who seek for the TRUTH you better should stay put and allow the TRUTH unfold itself. The christians you see around these out days don't have the TRUTH they are rather wanting it.

I believe and have faith that JESUS is the TRUTH but I don't know if he is the TRUTH. I mean to put to your notice the difference between faith/believe and knowledge itself. THANKS !!!
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Ubenedictus(m): 4:48pm On Oct 30, 2014
urheme:
if the evolution theory posit that man evolved from primitive to civilised, I would agree to that.

but that one amoeba changes into an insect and then became some kind of animal, then an ape then a human being. come on,
I no gree at all

i actually read what the pope said and a evolution from primitive to civilised seems to be what he explained.
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Ubenedictus(m): 5:19pm On Oct 30, 2014
alentyno:
I am not surprised. Catholic church is flawed only because the people who run it are...... only God knows what.

First it was about gays/lesbians

Now it is evolution/big-bang

Welldone Francis

Tags: italo syncan ubenedictus. You peeps can as well start your defending spree as usual SMH!!

there is nothing new here.

The issue of gays and lesbians have been long resolved, their inclination is disordered and their acts sinful, they should be accepted with sensitivity as it isn't a sin to be attracted to someone of the same sex.

On the issue, this isn't a new teaching.

When it comes to creation, catholics are bound to believe the following.
1. All that exist outside God was whole produces out of nothing by God.
2. God was moved by his goodness to create the world(prov 16:4)
3. The world was created for the glorification of God ps18:2
4. He created the world good gen1:31
5. The world is temporal and God alone created it and keeps it in existence.
6. By His providence he protects and guide the world.

These are the basic truths every catholic christian must hold as regards creation.

On the other hand the bible is not a story book, nor is it a science book, it is primarily a religious book, detailing the relationship between God and his people.

It is left for each individual catholic to excercise an informed faith and chose for himself how he believes God created the world in as much as it doesn't contradict divine revelation.

Pope johnpaul and francis thinks the big bang explains how God did it, pope benedict thinks the big bang and evolution is deficient to fully explain what happened at creation.

This part isn't theology, it is science.

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by Kay17: 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
Ubenedictus:

there is nothing new here.
The issue of gays and lesbians have been long resolved, their inclination is disordered and their acts sinful, they should be accepted with sensitivity as it isn't a sin to be attracted to someone of the same sex.
On the issue, this isn't a new teaching.
When it comes to creation, catholics are bound to believe the following.
1. All that exist outside God was whole produces out of nothing by God.
2. God was moved by his goodness to create the world(prov 16:4)
3. The world was created for the glorification of God ps18:2
4. He created the world good gen1:31
5. The world is temporal and God alone created it and keeps it in existence.
6. By His providence he protects and guide the world.
These are the basic truths every catholic christian must hold as regards creation.
On the other hand the bible is not a story book, nor is it a science book, it is primarily a religious book, detailing the relationship between God and his people.
It is left for each individual catholic to excercise an informed faith and chose for himself how he believes God created the world in as much as it doesn't contradict divine revelation.
Pope johnpaul and francis thinks the big bang explains how God did it, pope benedict thinks the big bang and evolution is deficient to fully explain what happened at creation.
This part isn't theology, it is science.

Yet it was explained in details the manner and timing of the creation, this sufficiently conflicts with scientific accounts and scientific assumption of naturalism. The Bible takes creation to be a supernatural activity unlike the scientific theories that claim cosmology is a natural event.
Re: Pope Francis Agrees With Bigbang and Evolution Story by urheme: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2014
Rapaltar:
Deluded religious fanatics

A proud and rude antichrist just got missing from romance section,
How the heLl did you find your way into religion section? grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Life Story Of Angelica Zambrano's 2nd Experience In Heaven And Hell / Why You Must Keep Your Virginity Till Your Wedding Night / Did Jesus Say He Was God?? See Astonishing Biblical Evidence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.