Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,113 members, 7,821,825 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough (866 Views)

A Buharist And A Jonathanian Hug Each Other (pic) / This Is The Picture Meme That No Jonathanian/pdp Delegates Can Answer. / Bastard Doyin Okupe And Other Jonathanian - By Pius Adesanmi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by mcro1: 3:15am On Oct 29, 2014
'To rid Nigeria of clueless and uxorious leadership is a task for everybody that must be done' – Sesan Akintade, 2014.

It was Chief Obafemi Awolowo that remarked, inter alia, of the corrupt and rudderless Shagari presidency that 'the load that is meant for the back of an ass cannot be borne by a sheep'. In character and charisma, I have always known that Dr. Goodluck Ebele Jonathan was and is not fit to lead my country. Of course, during the incapacitation of Yar'adua, I was one of those that clamoured that Vice President Jonathan should be allowed to exercise the full authority of the president despite some 'cabal' belief that 'they' knew what we did not. All that followed is now history. But when it was time for 2011 general elections, I actively campaigned against Jonathan. Not because of any personal beef or hatred but because his persona as a deputy governor, governor, vice-president, acting president and finally substantive president was least inspiring. Many of my friends were beguiled by his seeming humility, averring that they would be voting for GEJ and not PDP. All my monition for them not to confuse docility with humility fell on wrong ears. It is not gratifying for me to say that those friends are now more vociferous of President Jonathan misadventures in Nigeria politics than me. But my question has always been 'couldn't they see it coming'?

Before, and even after, he succeeded Alamieyesegha as governor, Jonathan has been largely reclusive. No one could say what Jonathan stood for as a governor. There was no viable project to his name. Twice his wife was invited by Economic and Financial Crimes Commission on matters that bordered on money laundry. Even as a governor, his wife was more colorful than him albeit notoriously. And when it was time to run for the vice presidency, he would not declare his assets even though his principal did just that. His body language as always been 'I don't give a damn'.

Jonathan government would go down as the most corrupt in the annals of history in Nigeria. Ironically, the bane of our progress as a nation has always been identified as corruption. But President Jonathan would have none of that. He would rather prefer corruption to stealing. That was our first ever PhD president lecturing us on the difference between corruption and stealing! Talk about making the difference between six and half-a-dozen. But can you blame him, 'by their fruit yea shall know them', so says the Book. Even Abacha was the only one that was allowed to be corrupt. His minister dared not contemplate corruption with impunity. Obasanjo, who was far from being a saint, sacrificed Tafa Balogun (the head of the most corrupt institution in Nigeria), Fabian Osuji (Education Minister), Mobolaji Osomo (Housing Minister) and many more on matters bordering on corruption. Obasanjo even sent Chief Sunday Afolabi, his senior and Internal Affairs Minister, to his early grave because of corruption. Not so with our corruption-is-not stealing President Jonathan. From, Farouk Lawal, to Stella Odua, to Diezani Alliso-Madueke, to Abba Moro and a host of others, none is yet to be indicted for corruption not to talk of being punished. It took a national outcry for Stella Odua to be relieved of her plum job. In President Jonathan six-year presidency, no one is yet to be tried for corruption despite corruption being the most malignant of all the ills that afflict us as a nation.

Like someone recently opined, a man that cannot control his wife should not be the head of a clan. Unfortunately, such a man is the one sitting to control the affairs of more than 160 million people. The wife of the President, 'Dame' Patience, has been more of a liability than an asset to her husband, and in extension, to the presidency. Never has any 'First Lady' been this brazen and crude. Just when you thought she has learnt that she issn't more than an 'appendage of power', she would still obtrude upon your consciousness and always make you wonder when she will finally be called to order. The constitution does not recognize her. The people do not want her interference in the politics. The less we see and hear from her the better for the image of the country. Whatever influence she has on her husband is impacting negatively on the presidency and the nation. As 'Mama Peace', she should be told that peace is antithesis to quarrel and bickering. The earlier she vacates the political scene the better. Her dabbling into the issues concerning the states is becoming unbecoming of the wife of a president.

I have no doubt that corruption is our worst nemesis. No matter how anybody tries to rationalize it, corruption is as bad as stealing. Its insidiousness even makes it worse than stealing. And one leader whose reputation remained unassailable even by his enemies is General Mohammodu Buhari. If indeed it is true that GMB has no house in Abuja and Lagos, if indeed he has no house beside the two in Kaduna and his hometown Daura, if indeed he has no foreign account despite being a former governor, a former Minister of Petroleum, a former Chief of Army Staff and a former Head of State, then his detractors should stuff it. If he did not steal from us in the past, he will not steal from us now. If he refused to plunged us into debt in the past, then he will not do same now. If he instituted 'War Against Indiscipline' in the past, he will re-enact the same against corruption now.

And for those that will not relent in casting GMB in the toga of a religion fanatic, I have a word for you. If he Buhari could not 'islamize' Nigeria when he was a military Head of State, then he can least achieve that under democracy. As a matter of fact, if Murtala Muhammed, Ibrahim Babangida and Sanni Abacha, all muslims and military Heads of State, could not turn Nigeria to an islamic country, I dare say that no one can achieve that under a democratic dispensation. By the grace of God I am a christian but I have no doubt in my mind that I would have been a muslim had it been I was born in the caliphate. So I will not condemn any man on the basis of his religion or his love for his religion. At any rate GMB has assured us time and again of his unbiasedness towards every religion. I will rather choose an incorrigible Nigerian as a leader before and above an hypocritical pastor who cannot even rule his own house.

I campaigned and voted for General Muhammed Buhari in 2011 even though I knew he had a slim chance of winning especially when the merger talk between CPC and ACN collapsed. I hope my friends that 'voted for GEJ and not PDP' that time will reconsider their stands now. Nigerians have another chance to get it right this time. To expect that GEJ presidency will change for the better is expecting the impossible. It is not the fault of the man, after all he his not a 'lion'. He is who he is. Unfortunately, who is he is not the way forward for Nigeria.
On this note I call on all Nigerians especially the youth to effect the change that is most needed to move our country forward. A vote for General Muhammed Buhari will guarantee that change. I call on Nigerians in diaspora to contribute their quotas in form of raising funds and sensitization of their people back at home. Whether you are at home or abroad, Nigeria belongs to us all.

To this end I call on GMB Campaign Organization to open and make public account that we can all contribute to towards the campaign for the presidential election. Yes, you and I and our friends can fund this campaign. President Obama did it. Yes we can do it. I have prepared my own mite to contribute towards the success of this endeavor. This is a change we so much believe in. This is a change that can help us part with the status quo. The is a chance we can not afford to miss again. The task to rid Nigeria of clueless and uxorious leadership is a task for everybody that must be done. The time to be involve in that task, fortunately, is now.

Sesan Akintade.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/notes/sesan-akintade/jonathanian-presidency-enough-is-enough/10202019780250711
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by Ikengawo: 3:17am On Oct 29, 2014
I see apc on Nairaland more than I see them on the streets. Internet party

Perhaps the true meaning of APC is A Personal Computer?
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by Wristler: 3:29am On Oct 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

Address the topic and stop circumventing angry
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by eye4eye: 3:34am On Oct 29, 2014
[s]
Ikengawo:

[/s]

What a stinking troll you are!
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by Ikengawo: 3:37am On Oct 29, 2014
Wristler:
Address the topic and stop circumventing angry
I did. APC is an internet gossip blog. Calling a politician corrupt in nigeria won't win you an election. You may as well call him a man a human being or black. Get off the internet and campaign
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by mcro1: 3:40am On Oct 29, 2014
Ikengawo:

The speed you took to make this asinine response confirmed that u did not read the post. Reading is good for you. Now go back and read the post from the beginning before exhibiting your vacuity. By then u will know that the author is apolitical. Change is what we need, change is what we believe in. Yes, we can effect the change. To rid Nigeria of clueless and uxorious leadership is a task that must be done.

1 Like

Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by mcro1: 3:42am On Oct 29, 2014
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by Ikengawo: 3:46am On Oct 29, 2014
mcro1:

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by 2cato: 4:13am On Oct 29, 2014
Insulting the president like a confuse cyber rodent will not bring victory to association of political conmen who in their 70s will not want a youth with fresh idea to rule and bring changes. Dont just wast ur time go to this site and register as cyber mosquitoes so as to benefit from the largesse of tinubu bank of boudillion. http://m.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29237507 (APC)
micro:

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman

Clueless
Daft
Fisherman
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by mpowa(m): 4:23am On Oct 29, 2014
PDP and APC; the resurgence of TOM and JERRY cheesy
Re: Jonathanian Presidency: Enough Is Enough by okoromike(m): 4:42am On Oct 29, 2014
A.P.C=children of anger Buhari is a thief and a bigot no matter how much is spent to rebrand him.......... Apc ....celebrating criminality since..........

(1) (Reply)

Who Should Be Blamed For Northern Under-development? / Buhari’s Aircraft Barred From Landing At Makurdi Airpo / Naira Plumets To New Low Of N187 = $1; Oil Price : $63.93 /barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.