Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid (2003 Views)

Odua, Diaspora Groups Endorse Jonathan’s Re-election Bid / Obiano Sacks Aide Over Jonathan’s Re-Election Jingle / Dickson Bans Activities Of Group Supporting Jonathan Re-election (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Collynzo29: 3:44pm On Oct 29, 2014
President Goodluck Jonathan on Wednesday acknowledged the receipt of a total of N98.75m donation and pledges from persons, groups and communities who offered to assist him to pay for the Peoples Democratic Party’s presidential nomination fee.

The PDP had pegged its Presidential Nomination Fee at N20m and its Expression of Interest Form at N2m, making a total of N22m required from a presidential aspirant.

In acknowledging the donations, Jonathan said he would pick the nomination form on Thursday.

In a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Dr. Reuben Abati, the President thanked all Nigerians who have been urging him to seek re-election based on his administration’s achievements in the last four years.

The statement read in part, “President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan will tomorrow, Thursday, October 30 pick up the PDP nomination form for the 2015 Presidential elections.

“President Jonathan thanks all Nigerians, members of the PDP, friends, associates, and all groups who in sincere appreciation of the achievements of the administration in the last four years, have been urging him to seek a second term in office.

“President Jonathan is greatly encouraged by the overwhelming outpouring of goodwill and support, as well as the confidence of the generality of Nigerians in his ability to continue to transform the country for the good of all of its people.

“The President is also grateful to all the persons, groups and communities who have sent donations, and made pledges to assist him to pay the required N22m for the PDP Presidential Nomination Fee and Expression of Interest Form.”

[b]Thirty six groups and communities as well as two individuals contributed the money.

According to the breakdown of the donations and pledges received by the President made available to journalists, the highest donors are the PDP Governors Forum and the Transformation Agenda of Nigeria that donated N22m each.

They are followed by Ogbia LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa State; Bayelsa State PDP Stakeholders; Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore; Kogi State PDP Stakeholders; Rivers State PDP Stakeholders; and the Team Goodluck, Ondo North Senatorial District who gave N5m each.

Adamawa State PDP Stakeholders gave N3m while Otuoke Community Stakeholders; Northern Youths Forum; PDP Stakeholders, Kaduna State; Ebonyi State PDP Stakeholders; and Coalition of Gombe Support Groups for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan gave N2m each.

The Goodluck Support Group, Gombe State; The 2015 Project; Nigerian Women Pray for Jonathan; Central Market Traders Union, Kaduna State; and the Community Awareness and Development Network donated N1m each.

Others donors are Brass LGA Stakeholders, Bayelsa State – N50,000; PDP Stakeholders, Zaria LGA – N500,000; PDP Stakeholders, Yobe State – N500,000; Middle Belt PDP Women Support Group for GEJ 2015 – N500,000; King David Generation Foundation, Jos – N200,000; and Behwong Weneng Yere Duk, Jos – N200,000.

Others are the Redemption 3 Youth Organisation, Plateau State – N500,000; Plateau State Indigenes Association, Abuja – N300,000; Gombe Youth United for Goodluck Ebele Jonathan 2015 – N500,000; Gombe Youth Vanguard for PDP- N500, 000; Yamahu/Deba Goodluck Support Group – N200,000; Hinna Youth Coalition for Goodluck – N500,000; National Association of Widows – N100,000; National Council of Women Societies – N500,000; Female members of the PDP Board of Trustees – N500,000; Joint Association of Persons with Disabilities – N100,000 and National Association of Market Women – N500,000.

The individual donors are Mr. Kennedy Ikenna Odoeme – N5,000; and Mr. Ezemagu Sunday Nnamdi – N10,000.
[/b]
Jonathan assured the donors that he would continue to do his best to justify the confidence they have reposed in his leadership.
http://www.punchng.com/news/supporters-donate-n98m-to-jonathans-re-election-bid/

4 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by morefire: 3:45pm On Oct 29, 2014
WTF

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by eye4eye: 3:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
Jokesters cheesy

Who is deceiving who? What about the 20B Naira earmarked for the prosecution of election? We are not fooled by this nonsense.

4 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by slimfit1(m): 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
So we have this kind of people that c a n release this kind of money. And when we are looking for sponsors for a dying baby we would not see anyone to donate a kobo PDP see yourselves. See how these people are.

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by noblealuu: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2014
Fingers crossed
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by bigtt76(f): 4:25pm On Oct 29, 2014
Abeg who do I give my donations to? grin
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Omimah: 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
These people think we are f00ls. We all know that the 8,000 organization PDP claims are yearning for Jonathan to be re-elected is funded by the party. I'm close to one of them is the South South. Yeye dey smell.

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by idumuose(m): 4:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
Yet Buhari supporters could not raise N27M for him to purchase his nomination form.
They watched as the man went cap in hand to the bank in order to request for a loan.

13 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by vicadex07(m): 4:47pm On Oct 29, 2014
Part of the money wey jonathan help them loot. They're only doing thanksgiving

3 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by worthytalk: 4:53pm On Oct 29, 2014
PDP Power!!!
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
Everyone wants to identify with success and not failure typified by Buhari. When my President finally declares I will make half of my next month salary available for his campaign.

9 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by manuelzz(m): 5:14pm On Oct 29, 2014
This is called Putting your money where your passion is. And Nobody from Buihari's camp not even his defeated Boko boys could raise a farthing for him..
Ride on my humble President.
We the Good masses support you!!
GEJ teachin' APC basic politics since Buhari's ruthless Decree4.
GEJ till 2019

11 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by LeStylo: 5:15pm On Oct 29, 2014
More donor Northerners in the list. Who said we do not love GEJ across the Niger? Who??

9 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by mrvictor: 5:27pm On Oct 29, 2014
idumuose:
Yet Buhari supporters could not raise N27M for him to purchase his nomination form.
They watched as the man went cap in hand to the bank in order to request for a loan.
grin grin
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by LMAyedun(m): 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
Just-In Nairaland PDP stakeholders, headed by Sincere9igerian just donated N2m.

OP, Edit your title to N100m.
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by OKDnigeria: 5:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
Omimah:
These people think we are f00ls. We all know that the 8,000 organization PDP claims are yearning for Jonathan to be re-elected is funded by the party. I'm close to one of them is the South South. Yeye dey smell.

which one are u close to? tell us the name and the names of their leaders. through what means do they receive funds from PDP since u know.
Bigger yeye dey smell.

3 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Omimah: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2014
OKDnigeria:

which one are u close to? tell us the name and the names of their leaders. through what means do they receive funds from PDP since u know.
Bigger yeye dey smell.
Rubbish! You think I'm f00lish?

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by shizzleStar: 7:17pm On Oct 29, 2014
that is the peoples choice. Ride on my President cool

1 Like

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by michelz: 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
This should be on front page...Don't you think?
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Blackfire(m): 8:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
bigtt76:
Abeg who do I give my donations to? grin
what are u donating? cash or kind?
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Blackfire(m): 8:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
a man who borrow 27.5m or the one who friends help raise 22m,who do i vote for?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by pendy79: 8:11pm On Oct 29, 2014
GMB said I want to at least pay for my nomination form myself so as not to be indebted to anybody. We have a sitting president who is gonna procure his own nomination form of 24m with a donation of 100m. Now tell me why he won't try to pay them back for their patronage.

He should keep the balance against next year for his relocation to otueke. Cos nigerians have said no more to corruption and clueless leadership.

So na only Ondo North senatorial district go vote for am in the whole south west. Really hard to be a jonaTAN saTAN goon right now.

2 Likes

Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
oga dy lie oo.. shey na yewande for ibadan, sule from kano abi chukwudi frm imo contribute d money.. na wa oo
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by ahaika23: 8:52pm On Oct 29, 2014
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by MeAndYou(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
In that case, lemme consult with TAN leadership to support my candidature.
NAIRALANDERS, STOP and DONATE b4 I change my mind............
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by nigerianvenom(m): 9:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
eye4eye:
Jokesters cheesy

Who is deceiving who? What about the 20B Naira earmarked for the prosecution of election? We are not fooled by this nonsense.

were u the one that earmarked the 20b naira for the campaign?
when will buhari refunds the one he forcefully collected from the bank manager?
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by nigerianvenom(m): 9:19pm On Oct 29, 2014
idumuose:

they are only e warriors.
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by bigtt76(f): 9:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hin go fit take 'Kind' bodi nor go tell am grin

Blackfire:

what are u donating? cash or kind?
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by nigerianvenom(m): 9:29pm On Oct 29, 2014
pendy79:
GMB said I want to at least pay for my nomination form myself so as not to be indebted to anybody. We have a sitting president who is gonna procure his own nomination form of 24m with a donation of 100m. Now tell me why he won't try to pay them back for their patronage.

He should keep the balance against next year for his relocation to otueke. Cos nigerians have said no more to corruption and clueless leadership.

So na only Ondo North senatorial district go vote for am in the whole south west. Really hard to be a jonaTAN saTAN goon right now.

thats how u keep expressing ur ignorance yet u couldnt contribute 500 naira for ur beloved buhari.
hammer head
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by idumuose(m): 9:41pm On Oct 29, 2014
nigerianvenom:

they are only e warriors.
E warriors who cannot assist their master financially.
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
How much low can Nigerian Government and politicians go.. Imagine the president accepting donation from Association of widows and people with disability. He only needed 22 million naira for the ticket, he got 98 million, why not return the donation of this two associations, at least it can be put in better use.

I even wonder if these type of associations represent who they claim to represent
Re: Supporters Donate 98 Million Nigerian Naira To Dr. Jonathan’s Re-election Bid by chinwike2(m): 10:05pm On Oct 29, 2014
I want to donate for Oga jona sef ? Anybody knows how i can ?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Okocha Joins Delta Governor's Race / 22 States PDP will Win: based on current events / Aregbesola Dancing BATA After Being Declared Winner By Election Tribunal(Pic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.