Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,206 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:16 AM

Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? (1879 Views)

The Ever Growing Role Of PHP In Custom Web And Application Development Cheap Iph / I'm Gonna Learn PHP In One Night! / Learn Php In Less Than 3weeks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Menaha(m): 8:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hi web developers,
I really want to go to web development (i jst finished learning html, css) but I'm confused about the programming language to start with.
After some research (using google), I decided to start with php. I told my friend (who's a web developer for abt 3 yrs) about it, he encouraged me to learn python first, that it's better than php.
But my research from google shows php is the most widely used language.
My friend said he can't lie to me, infacts he will guide me en route the road of web development (and i trust him) and that's where my problem/confusion lies.
I don't know which on to choose b/w both.
Which one do you think it's better?
Your replies are appreciated.
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by babatope88(m): 7:10am On Oct 30, 2014
Just pick any of the languages and you are good to go, I wish I started with Python but I do afraid of Snake especially big type like python, that is why I mount at the back of the big elephant. Both are easy to learn, easy to write and comes with lot of open source library.

2 Likes

Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Nobody: 8:37am On Oct 30, 2014
This Debate has been going for ages..
PHP is good for a Beginner... Requires learning no Frameworks @ all.. Php is also supported by myriads of hosting companies..

Python is also easy... The learning curve is relatively simple and you can start writing meaningful apps using Python... However, U needa learn one of Python's web Frameworks inorder to be able to create web app.. Frameworks like Web2py , Django , Flask, Bottlepy , Cherrypy etc... They are all good and Scale better than PHP in large high-demand web apps..

Bottom line is: U can start with any of the above depending on when you sample the two languages..
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 30, 2014
Djangocode:

PHP is good for a Beginner...

Python is also easy...

Bottom line is: U can start with any of the above depending on when you sample the two languages..

babatope88:

Just pick any of the languages and you are good to go

Both are easy to learn, easy to write and comes with lot of open source library.

@Op, Hope this helps you?
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Nobody: 10:13am On Oct 30, 2014
Djangocode:
PHP is good for a Beginner... Requires learning no Frameworks @ all.. Php is also supported by myriads of hosting companies..

Python is also easy... The learning curve is relatively simple and you can start writing meaningful apps using Python... However, U needa learn one of Python's web Frameworks inorder to be able to create web app.. Frameworks like Web2py , Django , Flask, Bottlepy , Cherrypy etc... They are all good and Scale better than PHP in large high-demand web apps..

I cannot write a better answer than this. Case closed.

2 Likes

Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by aslan(m): 9:47am On Nov 02, 2014
use whatever language that peels your bananas. anyone will do. don't get confused. 2 + 2 = 4 everywhere. understood. but as for me i use python and js
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Geedhey(m): 11:43am On Nov 02, 2014
Djangocode:

i already learnt to write python and fairly i'm good with it. What would u advice i do to start actively building somtin with it
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Nobody: 1:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
Geedhey:

i already learnt to write python and fairly i'm good with it. What would u advice i do to start actively building somtin with it
There are several small projects u can work on to get yo hands dirty...
Something like a Packet Sniffer, a web crawler, a file directory to arrange yo files(mp3, videos, ebooks etc), a log report for yo programs, an file encryption program etc..

3 Likes

Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by INeedHelpAsap: 2:25am On Nov 03, 2014
Djangocode:
PHP is good for a Beginner... Requires learning no Frameworks @ all.. Php is also supported by myriads of hosting compani.
I've been learning PHP.for some weeks now, I've learnt quite a handful but I can't just find a "real live" application to start with, like a simple script, any ideas ? I don't want to start with a forum,shopping cart or cms..
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by Nobody: 7:10am On Nov 03, 2014
INeedHelpAsap:

I've been learning PHP.for some weeks now, I've learnt quite a handful but I can't just find a "real live" application to start with, like a simple script, any ideas ? I don't want to start with a forum,shopping cart or cms..
A School Management system, A Project Management app(an advanced todo list), A Photo Gallery, A Bus-ticket management system, A catalogue Management system for yo apps(Books,music etc), An image Processor/generator, A mailing list...
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by mubarak23: 12:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
djongocode do you think a beginner who started web development in juanary 2014 can actually develop this web apps.
Re: Is PYTHON Better Than PHP In Web Development? by INeedHelpAsap: 12:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
Djangocode:
A School Management system, A Project Management app(an advanced todo list), A Photo Gallery, A Bus-ticket management system, A catalogue Management system for yo apps(Books,music etc), An image Processor/generator, A mailing list...

thanks a lot sir,i guess i would look into the school management system

(1) (Reply)

Paystack Integration / Journey To Solidity/blockchain/dapps Development / Any DBA Here? I Realy Need Your Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.