Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,638 members, 7,809,400 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:53 AM

Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres (3483 Views)

ASWMA Vehicle Spotted With Two Of Its Tyres Missing (photos) / PHOTO: Fully Loaded Cement Truck Spotted Cruising At Lekki With Tyres Missing / ECU Replacement And Finding A Programer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 9:08pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hi,

Car: VW Jetta 2.5
Model year: 2006

I am looking for upholstery workshops in Nigeria/Ghana where my car headliner can be safely replaced.

The headliner is pulling off lately and i do not like the sight, the amount required by VW service center in Gh is way too extravagant.
So if anyone knows an expert in this, can you please share the contact and probably the price.

Also i will like to know the price of good tyres in Nigeria, tyre size is: 205/55 R 16

Thanks
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 11:06am On Oct 30, 2014
No one knows? wow
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 11:34am On Oct 30, 2014
TireRack.Com ship to ChinoSXL.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 12:51pm On Oct 30, 2014
CityNG:
TireRack.Com ship to ChinoSXL.

Thanks.

ANy ideas on replacing headliners ?
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Shagati(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
ora10g:
Hi,

Car: VW Jetta 2.5
Model year: 2006
I am looking for upholstery workshops in Nigeria/Ghana where my car headliner can be safely replaced.
The headliner is pulling off lately and i do not like the sight, the amount required by VW service center in Gh is way too extravagant.
So if anyone knows an expert in this, can you please share the contact and probably the price.
Also i will like to know the price of good tyres in Nigeria, tyre size is: 205/55 R 16
Thanks

Those tyres (same as my former 2009 Jetta) cost between NGN16,000 and NGN22,000 a piece.
Call or sms Aloy on 08034012024 and he will respond

No idea on headliner replacement but any average upholstery guy in Lagos can sort it out I'm sure

Cheers
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2014
ora10g:

Thanks.

ANy ideas on replacing headliners ?

From 10 to 15k depends I'm having mine done in my car for 10k this weekend.

I thought of buying tyres from tyre rack but the air freight costume won't be worth only if you're patient enough to do sea freight.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 11:30pm On Oct 30, 2014
cne010:

From 10 to 15k depends I'm having mine done in my car for 10k this weekend.

I thought of buying tyres from tyre rack but the air freight costume won't be worth only if you're patient enough to do sea freight.

Oh that sounds interesting, will it be a perfect job? the amount seems too little to what im getting from the service center. Can you share the contact please?

Thanks
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 11:43pm On Oct 30, 2014
Shagati:

Those tyres (same as my former 2009 Jetta) cost between NGN16,000 and NGN22,000 a piece.
Call or sms Aloy on 08034012024 and he will respond

No idea on headliner replacement but any average upholstery guy in Lagos can sort it out I'm sure

Cheers

Thanks for the contact, if i may ask, what brand of tyres are they? thanks
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 31, 2014
ora10g:

Oh that sounds interesting, will it be a perfect job? the amount seems too little to what im getting from the service center. Can you share the contact please?

Thanks

My car is parked at my mechanic tonight the guy fixing it would come early to get it done. My mechanic is Code red technology beside Italian tiles and marbles Ifako busstop close to ogudu. I'm trying to make mine a 2 tone job.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2014
cne010:

My car is parked at my mechanic tonight the guy fixing it would come early to get it done. My mechanic is Code red technology beside Italian tiles and marbles Ifako busstop close to ogudu. I'm trying to make mine a 2 tone job.

Thanks alot bro, i will have to pay him a visit then when ready, is the material price inclusive in the total price?
Thanks once again sir.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 8:36am On Oct 31, 2014
ora10g:

Thanks alot bro, i will have to pay him a visit then when ready, is the material price inclusive in the total price?
Thanks once again sir.

I would upload pics this evening price includes material and labour.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Shagati(m): 8:38am On Oct 31, 2014
ora10g:

Thanks for the contact, if i may ask, what brand of tyres are they? thanks

Aloy will advise brand based on your budget
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
I got my car this evening the guy did a good job I told him to use a lighter shade of the initial brown to give it a 2 tone. P.S I ended up paying 15k I guess I didn't hear him properly the first time he insisted on 15k.

I hope the picture quality is not too bad.

Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 12:35am On Nov 01, 2014
cne010:
I got my car this evening the guy did a good job I told him to use a lighter shade of the initial brown to give it a 2 tone. P.S I ended up paying 15k I guess I didn't hear him properly the first time he insisted on 15k.

I hope the picture quality is not too bad.

Wow, he did a great job there, even at 15k inclusive of labour and material, it is still cheap. as i was told 800 GHC for just the material at the service center here and probably 500-1000 Ghc for labour which is going from 40k naira for material to 25k - 50k for labour which total will be arnd 100k.

The material used looks like the ruggy material. the one on mine is plain soft fabric and the fabric covers all interior except the dashboard and d seatbelt housing. might upload pix in the morning.

If i cannot get a cheaper place to do this in GH, i will have to wait till i come to NG to do this inclusives of tyres as michelin is like 500 Ghc for the size i need.

Thanks sir
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 12:45am On Nov 01, 2014
The material is soft and smooth not ruggy. Pretty pricey over in GH.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 12:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
cne010:
The material is soft and smooth not ruggy. Pretty pricey over in GH.

Yes but it is from the main car service center, i dont know any workshop that does the job cleanly so far. Pix attached of losing headliner.

Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2014
continuation....

Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Nobody: 10:25pm On Nov 01, 2014
It needs a total overhaul. Guess you would wait till when you come back to Naija.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by ora10g: 11:54am On Nov 02, 2014
cne010:
It needs a total overhaul. Guess you would wait till when you come back to Naija.

thats the way out, thanks for the contribution.
Re: Car Headliner Replacement And Tyres by Mrvincent007: 3:28pm On Dec 28, 2019
Sir, Please can you help me with the contact of the person that fixed your headliner?

(1) (Reply)

I Need A Solution To Water Shortage In My Radiator / . / Daewoo Magnus Classic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.