Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,185 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

The Mathematics Game - Forum Games (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Forum Games / The Mathematics Game (21010 Views)

What Is The Answer To This Simple Mathematics? / Can You Solve This Simple Mathematics / Solve This Simple Mathematics If You Can....try It, If You Think You Can (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Mathematics Game by Sodgi(m): 9:30pm On Mar 08, 2010
Oya Lala what is the answer Ooo, where did the £1 go? undecided
Lets see ur explanation!
Re: The Mathematics Game by lalaboi(m): 11:03pm On Mar 08, 2010
U better Unbookmark the page. . . lol. . .
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 8:57pm On Mar 12, 2010
u guys are all beating around the bush and spoiling the sequence, since there are no questions to answer, try and answer this;

a man sends the son to the stream to with a 5L and 3L to fetch water of 7L.how does the son go abt it without a measuring device,
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 9:15pm On Mar 12, 2010
walexydon:

u guys are all beating around the bush and spoiling the sequence, since there are no questions to answer, try and answer this;

a man sends the son to the stream to with a 5L and 3L to fetch water of 7L.how does the son go abt it without a measuring device,

Fetch the 5L, pour it into the 3L. There will be 2L left in the 5L container. Pour away the 3L. Pour the 2L in the 5L bucket inside the empty 3L. Then fill the 5L and take both home. 5L plus the 2L in the 3L bucket makes 7L.

Solved.
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 10:11pm On Mar 12, 2010
correct

whats ur question
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 10:55pm On Mar 12, 2010
@walexydon: My questions are usually very hard, o! Okay, solve this one.

There are three VERY fat ladies, and each one is too embarrassed to say how fat she is, but they need to find the average weight of the three of them so that they can buy some medicine. They can't tell another person their weights (to help them calculate the average) either because they are ashamed. How will these three very fat ladies find their average weight, mathematically?
Re: The Mathematics Game by Krayola(m): 11:38pm On Mar 12, 2010
haha. Chei!! This one hard o. Is there a scale around or nothing but ice cream and cake?
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 11:44pm On Mar 12, 2010
^^^ LOL. All they have around them is ice-cream, red meat and cake, but in their minds they know what their weights are because each one has a weight-scale hidden in their private closets  grin cheesy They can't bring out the scales because they would be tempted to weigh up again and others would know their weights.

Krayola, another way of asking the question is: Person A is thinking about a number A, Person B a number B, and person C a number C. How can they find the average of the three numbers without telling each other what the numbers are?  grin
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 11:53pm On Mar 12, 2010
OFF-TOPIC: Krayola, I heard you are into music. Please check out this friend of mine's song and provide feedback. She's very fresh new talent! Thanks bro!!

http://www.notjustok.com/2010/03/07/smiley-cry-look-whatchu-did-flying-without-wings/
Re: The Mathematics Game by Krayola(m): 12:26am On Mar 13, 2010
haha. I've heard that stuff before. I like the second one A LOT (look whatchu did), the other two are nice, IMO, but not really my kinda music so besides the way they sound generally I can't offer an informed opinion. I can tell it isn't a finished product and will probably sound a lot better if it was done in an actual studio with sound techs that knew what they were doing. But she has a great voice, and if she wrote those songs, she's a great songwriter, IMO. The music (instrumentals) is good too, but the actual sound quality isn't great. It's not a talent thing tho, more of a technical thing. I think she's great and can do very well if her peoples are on point.  But remember music is an individual thing so my opinion means nada. That I'm not crazy about the other 2 songs does not mean they won't top the charts. I'm just not into that slow, cool, type of stuff.
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 12:43am On Mar 13, 2010
Thanks for the comment bro! If you want I can send you more of her songs if you send me your email?

@Topic: Sorry for the off-topic gist. Can anyone help those 3 ladies yet?
Re: The Mathematics Game by Krayola(m): 12:50am On Mar 13, 2010
cool. . This stuff sounds 1000000% better.  wink

Downloadin sharp sharp. Thanks.

Edit. . .actually those 2 still sound the same. But the1st one sounded great. still listenin
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 1:44am On Mar 13, 2010
Thanks Krayola!

Okay here is the answer. Three fat ladies A, B, C.

Lady A picks a very random number in her head e.g. 8942 and adds her weight to it. She tells it to lady B's ear and asks her to add her weight to it and tell Lady C the answer. Lady C will then add her own weight and tell Lady A the result. Lady A will subtract the random number and divide the sum by 3 to get the average.

Lady A --> a + 8942 --> Lady B --> a + b + 8942 --> Lady C --> a + b + c + 8942 -->  Lady A
Lady A now knows a + b + c + 8942 so she subtracts 8942 to get a + b + c, divides by 3 to get average.

Solved.
Re: The Mathematics Game by Krayola(m): 2:05am On Mar 13, 2010
haha cool. i would never have figured that out. I even tried to do ojoro and use google but nothin for me grin

Damn, I'm not big on math but let me try and find one [size=5pt]steal one from my GMAT prep book[/size]

If 25% of p is equal to 10% of q, and pq ≠ 0, then p is what percent of q? tongue
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 2:08am On Mar 13, 2010
LOL 40%.

You could not have found it on google! grin I made it up, but Microsoft asks a related question in their interviews
Re: The Mathematics Game by H2O2: 2:08am On Mar 13, 2010
p in %= (0.1/0.25)q* 100
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 2:45am On Mar 13, 2010
New Question:

How many ways are there to get from the lower left corner of an X by Y grid to the top right corner if you are only allowed to move up or right at each intersection. (You are moving along the grid lines).

This question is actually very hard.
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 11:34am On Mar 13, 2010
my answer is ur answer
Re: The Mathematics Game by lalaboi(m): 10:59pm On Mar 13, 2010
walexydon:

my answer is your answer
grin
Re: The Mathematics Game by lalaboi(m): 11:19pm On Mar 13, 2010
InesQor

U knw Smileyz. . . . omo gal yen can sing. . . her hea dis der. . .its fokasibe in 3,000 places. . .
Re: The Mathematics Game by Amigoz(f): 12:18am On Mar 14, 2010
This is one game that gets me all mathematically hawt cheesy

Im with walexy on this one Ines wink cheesy
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 8:06am On Mar 14, 2010
yeah @amig

if u d answer whats it @ ine
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 8:59am On Mar 14, 2010
The answer is
[(X+Y-2)!] / [(X-1)!(Y-1)!]

Where k! = k*k-1*k-2. . .2*1 called k factorial.

Who has an idea how I solved it?
Hint: The answer above is (X-1)+(Y-1) combination (X-1)
Re: The Mathematics Game by Krayola(m): 9:31am On Mar 14, 2010
Inesqor abeg soffly soffly. This is nairaland games section. . . No be JAMB. This ur question fit kill person. tongue
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 11:04am On Mar 14, 2010
Krayola:

Inesqor abeg soffly soffly. This is nairaland games section. . . No be JAMB. This your question fit kill person. tongue
[/quote

i agree with u!!!!!!

InesQor link=topic=1973.msg5689682#msg5689682 date=1268553587:

The answer is
[(X+Y-2)!] / [(X-1)!(Y-1)!]

Where k! = k*k-1*k-2. . .2*1 called k factorial.

Who has an idea how I solved it?
Hint: The answer above is (X-1)+(Y-1) combination (X-1)

sure u urself didnt knw how to solve it,maybe stole it frm somewhere,

answer this: if u boil 1 egg in 5mins howmany mins will it take u 2 boil 5 eggs?, and give ur reason!!!!
Re: The Mathematics Game by H2O2: 11:37am On Mar 14, 2010
You can boil 5 eggs in 5 minutes also. Given the boiler capacity can hold up to at least 5 eggs grin

Else, it could take you as much as 25 minutes + transfer time to boil all 5 eggs.
Re: The Mathematics Game by InesQor(m): 1:12pm On Mar 14, 2010
@wale: Oh, are you not so wrong? I solved it myself. Its just PUTNAM level combinatorics.

@krayola: advice well taken, bro. Much respect for you, I didnt know I was being a spoil-sport. Ciao!

@topic: what two numbers add up to give 7 and have a product of 10?

[exits]
Re: The Mathematics Game by H2O2: 6:58pm On Mar 14, 2010
x+y = 7
xy = 10

solve the equation for your answer.
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 9:27pm On Mar 14, 2010
H2O2:

You can boil 5 eggs in 5 minutes also. Given the boiler capacity can hold up to at least 5 eggs grin

Else, it could take you as much as 25 minutes + transfer time to boil all 5 eggs.

yeah

InesQor:

@wale: Oh, are you not so wrong? I solved it myself. Its just PUTNAM level combinatorics.

@krayola: advice well taken, bro. Much respect for you, I didnt know I was being a spoil-sport. Ciao!

[exits]
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 9:32pm On Mar 14, 2010
H2O2:

You can boil 5 eggs in 5 minutes also.  Given the boiler capacity can hold up to at least 5 eggs  grin

yeah

InesQor:

nawa o! ogar guru, which 1 is that again, na u dey set masters exam abi

[exits]

thank God u took 2 d advice, 2+5=7
                                                2*5=10
Re: The Mathematics Game by walexydon(m): 9:57pm On Mar 14, 2010
H2O2:

You can boil 5 eggs in 5 minutes also.  Given the boiler capacity can hold up to at least 5 eggs  grin

yeah

InesQor:

nawa o! ogar guru, which 1 is that again, na u dey set masters exam abi

[exits]

thank God u took 2 d advice, 2+5=7
                                                2*5=10

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

What Xmas Gift Will You Give The Person Above You? / Would You Shower With The Person Above You On This Thread? / Age Group That Dominates Nairaland Survey

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.