Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,454 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:56 AM

Advice To Muslim Singles - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Advice To Muslim Singles (22882 Views)

Muslim Singles: Why Are You Not Married? / Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts / Muslim Singles, Let Us Have A Talk (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice To Muslim Singles by lanrexlan(m): 9:48pm On Oct 29, 2014
Maybe this is because everyone wants to take out their frustrations, share their observations and their acceptance or rejection on this universally acknowledged and interesting topic. In this battle, I have seen some people becoming so sentimental that they vomit out their own personal encounters, love affairs, and ever- lasting crushes along with potential parties’ names in public!

Indeed, marriage is a very vast and an extremely crucial subject, which can be seen from both the aspects: aspect of seriousness and aspect of fun. It totally depends on the individual’s age, maturity and attitude towards life.

“I want a righteous spouse but …”, is a common phase in the lives of the practicing Muslim youth. This dilemma is something we hear all around us in our religious circles & social gatherings.

Where, on one hand, all the religiously inclined men know and even understand the most famous hadith:

“A woman is married for four reasons: her wealth, her nobility, her beauty and her piety. Choose the pious one and be successful.” (Bukharee)

but very few are actually willing to act on it.

Some of my practicing friends are waiting to bump into some sort of Cinderella in abaya. This made me realize no matter how religious men look, very less people are actually willing to sacrifice when it comes to beauty and age, though they might sacrifice on piety, wealth and nobility.

This trend explicitly show us the true version of inner-us . All of us hear and talk about all this haadith all the time, but do we really mean it? Similarly, rejections are being made under the labels of “kuff” (compatibility), but the real reason for rejection is something else. Or even if it is kuff, what really constitutes (Kuff) equivalency in our eyes, this is a matter of debate.

Various scholars have done their own Ijtihad as to what factors are involved when it comes to Kuff. There are variety of opinions, but the strongest and the most sound opinion – and the one used by Shaykh Muhammad ibn Saalih al-‘Uthaymeen – is that Kuff is in reference to religious commitment only. [Read more : http://www.islamqa.com/en/ref/84306]

The mentality of the female gender in our society is no different; they too do the same. Though they might hold graduation in fiqh, maintain proper hijab and say along with their parents , “we want a righteous spouse…” very few are bold enough to act on what is being said. It is evident that when someone from the low class family (but very pious) approaches them, suddenly many more things get added up in their list. They too know the famous hadith (by heart!):

“If a man whose practice of deen (religion) satisfies you, asks for your daughter in marriage, you should marry them; otherwise, there’ll be corruption on earth.”(at-Tirmidhee)

but they seldom act upon it.

Women prefer to marry guys from the First World countries with multiple high degrees, a Ferrari and possessing a great amount of bank balance. Is it always a bad thing? No. But if it makes you turn away from multiple good proposals and if it is your only criteria and your first priority, then yes, you might have a problem. Only when the rejecters fail to find their perfect package, they regret rejecting the earlier ones who had proposed them modestly through their parents.

Musa (alayhis salam) would have never married the daughter of the man who gave him shelter, if his father in-law’s conditions were based on material possession like today. At that time, he had no club memberships, money, cars or other luxurious items, he wasn’t even given Prophet hood yet! He was a modest man and a righteous spouse. That was all he had. But for the wise, that’s the true wealth, the real criteria.

When it comes to delayed marriages and marriage-related sufferings, many a times, the fault lies within us; our fantasy-world attitude and high standards. The truth is that materialism is still somewhere in our minds and hearts. It seems not to go away despite the fact that we hear and know all these sayings and despite the fact we know the stories of all the companions and their criteria for picking up spouses.

Ask yourself, if today, a proposal comes your way, which looks religiously promising but, perhaps, struggling in worldly affairs, would you accept or walk away? It is all a matter of priorities.
Be Sociable, Share!

By Fareed Ahmad

http://blog.islamiconlineuniversity.com/i-want-a-righteous-spouse-but/

58 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by ayinba1(f): 12:25am On Nov 01, 2014
On point
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by maclatunji: 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2014
I am laughing at "Cindarella in Abaya". grin grin grin

This is an excellent piece.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by ahmed486: 3:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
Can you believe this is coming from Atiku: 70 Per Cent Of Northerners Illiterates
Source: http://www..com.ng/index.php/national-news/item/1125-atiku-70-per-cent-of-northerners-illiterates

1 Like

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by moscobabs(m): 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
jaza-kun-lahi hiran

3 Likes

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Nobody: 3:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nice thread Barka jumua'at

1 Like

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Mbamally(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
Juma'at Kareem.
SURATUL KAHF

6 Likes

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by tsolz800: 3:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
Okk...
Insha Allah, we shall overcome..
May Allah bless his teachers..

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by FIRDAUS3(m): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
Very Interesting.
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 07, 2014
Very informative piece. I hope my sisters, looking for, handsome,rich,first class holder,and tall spouse would have a re-think after reading this.

5 Likes

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by BruzMoney(m): 3:50pm On Nov 07, 2014
Nice thread
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Moheat(m): 3:56pm On Nov 07, 2014
Very informative and thought provoking write up! only if my Brothers and Sisters in Islam would reason along!

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Wizeboy(m): 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
JazaKAllah Khairan for the wonderful piece...

May Almighty Allah grant us (singles) the pious wife and continue to strengthen us towards the right path (Ameen)

>>> Be part of the deen... NAIRALAND MUSLIM BI-MONTHLY LECTURE/MEETING: https://www.nairaland.com/1788627/plannning-thread-nairaland-muslim-organisation/6

2 Likes

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by 1stola: 4:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
ok
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by 9jaforlife: 4:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Brilliant and thoughtful...

JazakAllah Khairan
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by GogetterMD(m): 4:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
Masha Allah! Excellent piece!
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by imuyoo(m): 4:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Insha allah,may the almighty allah reword u with more knownledge.
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by maclatunji: 4:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Wizeboy:
JazaKAllah Khairan for the wonderful piece...

May Almighty Allah grant us (singles) the pious wife and continue to strengthen us towards the right path (Ameen)

>>> Be part of the deen... NAIRALAND MUSLIM BI-MONTHLY LECTURE/MEETING: https://www.nairaland.com/1788627/plannning-thread-nairaland-muslim-organisation/6

Are we going to discuss this there?
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by maclatunji: 4:14pm On Nov 07, 2014
We have been thinking that there is a problem with Muslim singles not getting to find potential spouses, talk less of getting married. Therefore, some of us sat down and created this service https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms . It is worth viewing and trying out if you are single and searching.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by taif(f): 4:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
nice one.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by orion777: 4:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
Meaning what?
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by Wizeboy(m): 4:21pm On Nov 07, 2014
maclatunji:

Are we going to discuss this there?

We discussed everything that affect us Islamically (our deen) both in the contemporary world and in our private life; and also provide adequate solution in creating a better society for both Muslims and Non-Muslims.

Muslim Single Match-Making Service is already in existence to fill the vacuum of so many complaint from Muslim Brothers and Sisters of always searching for pious soul-mate and involve in an halal dating as prescribed by the Holy Qur'an and Hadith: https://www.nairaland.com/1935933/muslim-singles-matching-service-msms

The platform is for all Nairaland Muslims all around the world: https://www.nairaland.com/1788627/plannning-thread-nairaland-muslim-organisation/6
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by orion777: 4:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
Pls guys kindly help me I need a product key and activation key for a trial version of a RepliGo pdf reader..my pin is 23754ae8
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by umaryusuf(m): 4:35pm On Nov 07, 2014
orion777:
Pls guys kindly help me I need a product key and activation key for a trial version of a RepliGo pdf reader..my pin is 23754ae8

What are u posting here? Check this thread share ==> https://www.nairaland.com/1565663/blackberry-repligo-pdf-reader-product
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by optimistcandyboy(m): 4:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
May Allah bless the OP,
@Orion777, kindly download Foxit reader and discover the word of peace.
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by cannonnier(m): 4:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
When am ready for marriage I will remember this advice.

JazakalLahu khairan.

1 Like

Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by larrymoore(m): 5:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
Exhilarating piece!
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by maryhaam(f): 5:06pm On Nov 07, 2014
Lovely,alhamdulilahi
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by abduldope(m): 5:13pm On Nov 07, 2014
Tnk u brother
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by baba11(m): 5:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
jazakumulahu kairan bro....
Re: Advice To Muslim Singles by madridguy(m): 5:22pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jazaka Lahu khairan.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Islamic Female Names And Their Meanings / Trending Anti Terror TV Ad: God Is Greater / Zakir Naik Live In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.