Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:33 AM

Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts (37463 Views)

Advice To Muslim Singles / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Muslim Converts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Nobody: 5:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
Governor Aliyu Wamakko and his Bauchi State counterpart, Alhaji Isa Yuguda, both gave N5million each to Igbo natives who converted to Islam yesterday. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and former Governor of Abia State Orji Uzor Kalu gave N2 million and N1million to the converts.

The event took place at the National Mosque in Abuja.
The Chief Imam of the National Mosque, who was represented at the ceremony, announced the cash donation. The converts who were all males within the ages of 25 and 35 years said they accepted Islam because it is a “truthful, peaceful and charitable faith.”

“I was attracted to Islam because of the truth it resonated in me, and I saw the charity of the faith which all its adherents find peace and solace in,” said Ibrahim Ukah, formerly Uchenna Ukah and a younger brother of a fellow convert, Tobechi Ukah, now Abdullahi Ukah.

The commencement of Friday prayers at the mosque was unusually late as the converts were given priority when Islamic rites were administered on them for 30 minutes.

The 18 men from the South-Eastern part of the country were led by the NTA Owerri host of “Islamic calling in Igbo language” Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Orjiegbulam alongside the Board of Trustees, Secretary of the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Alhaji Ibrahim Biobo Nlomije.

http://leadership.ng/news/161113/wamakko-yuguda-rochas-kalu-shower-cash-muslim-converts

8 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by yibomustgo(m): 5:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
Phoenix619: Governor Aliyu Wamakko and his Bauchi State counterpart, Alhaji Isa Yuguda, both gave N5million each to Igbo natives who converted to Islam yesterday. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and former Governor of Abia State Orji Uzor Kalu gave N2 million and N1million to the converts.

The Chief Imam of the National Mosque, who was represented at the ceremony, announced the cash donation. The converts who were all males within the ages of 25 and 35 years said they accepted Islam because it is a “truthful, peaceful and charitable faith.”

“I was attracted to Islam because of the truth it resonated in me, and I saw the charity of the faith which all its adherents find peace and solace in,” said Ibrahim Ukah, formerly Uchenna Ukah and a younger brother of a fellow convert, Tobechi Ukah, now Abdullahi Ukah.

The commencement of Friday prayers at the mosque was unusually late as the converts were given priority when Islamic rites were administered on them for 30 minutes.

The 18 men from the South-Eastern part of the country were led by the NTA Owerri host of “Islamic calling in Igbo language” Alhaji Muhammad Kabir Orjiegbulam alongside the Board of Trustees, Secretary of the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research, Alhaji Ibrahim Biobo Nlomije.

http://leadership.ng/news/161113/wamakko-yuguda-rochas-kalu-shower-cash-muslim-converts

This is not new. You all have to see Ibos converting to Islam during Abacha regime because of one favor and another. Ibos wearing Hausa clothings with hat to match.This used to happen on Fridays in Abuja. One of my Ibo friends from Imo State back then changed his name from John Eboh to Alli Eboh. A lot of Ibos did this and got a lot of favors from hausas in the early 90s when Abuja was empty and looking for people to live there. A lot of Ibos got land almost for nothing in places like Maitama, Asokoro, Kado, Garki, Apo and so on. When I got to Abuja in the middle of 90s, Ibos were more than any other ethnics there. Ibos dominate Abuja today because of their foresight and willingness to do anything to make money. They got there first while everyone else dithering to move to "empty land".

41 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by kennyonthrone(m): 5:33pm On Nov 16, 2013
If dis is true I wouldn't mind convertin 2 Islaam

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Vanityupnvanity(m): 5:56pm On Nov 16, 2013
the didn't convert for anything but for the huge amount given to them.

at least they can now expand their businesses to a certain extend.

mean while, wish them peaceful living in their new religion IN JESUS NAME

9 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:03pm On Nov 16, 2013
So una been think say Igboman go convert for free? Yeye grin grin grin grin grin

49 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
ibo and money and small time now thy will say they brought xtianity to Nigeria grin

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ebucha: 6:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
All-4-d-money.

2 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Paschal007: 6:12pm On Nov 16, 2013
And Rochas keeps wasting state funds with reckless abandon.

Smh

21 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 16, 2013
I need to convert too! Off to Trans-amadi mosque! U can call me click2adamu. Make una find me my own share oh grin

6 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Agrika: 6:47pm On Nov 16, 2013
Mazi Mustapha Obinna Okoro..hehehe..i can just imagine
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by hakanai(m): 6:52pm On Nov 16, 2013
LOL!!!! See how journalist can mislead people.Here they say money was thrown at converts.I was in the Mosque and observed the event. The money went to the Justice Mamman Nasir Islamic Centre for Peace and Research (missionary work). So to suggest that it was meant for the converts is rather silly and intent on making the converts look materialistic.The donations was meant for the NGO to continue its preaching activities.Other worshipers were also advice to try and preach the message.Some said they converted because of the way Muslims behave.The Imam also use this to highlight why we should be exemplary in our day to day dealings and actions.
They had there different reasons and views as to why they choose to convert. Non mentioned material or worldly pursuit.We have to give them the benefit of doubt and they were not all Igbos. Some were from the ND and SW.Contrary to the report it was the National Mosque chief Imam who received them.
NAIJA Journalist !!!! na today i know say they can so lie or change facts.
Phoenix619: Governor Aliyu Wamakko and his Bauchi State counterpart, Alhaji Isa Yuguda, both gave N5million each to Igbo natives who converted to Islam yesterday. Governor Rochas Okorocha of Imo State and former Governor of Abia State Orji Uzor Kalu gave N2 million and N1million to the converts.

@topic- very wrong title.

56 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Abagworo(m): 7:41pm On Nov 16, 2013
Paschal007: And Rochas keeps wasting state funds with reckless abandon.

Smh

The news is fake. Don't be too hasty to comment.

2 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Pedagogue: 8:02pm On Nov 16, 2013
Hope you all can see ROCHAS' name boldly included?

From now till 2015, I expect serious religious and political politics.

Members of APC from Niger Delta and the East are the major targets. The aim is to paint them as pro Islam and Hausa supporters!!!

Nigerians, let's not fall for this gimmick! Politics should be about issues and performance!

A word is enough for the wise.

9 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ektbear: 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
lmao grin

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ebamma(m): 8:04pm On Nov 16, 2013
what a joke

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by holyvirgin: 8:05pm On Nov 16, 2013
Ok more igbo's to join.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Iceman296: 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
And What was the Money For?? I'm Forced not to Believe this!
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by cycline404(m): 8:06pm On Nov 16, 2013
Igbo Kwenu

1 Like

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 16, 2013
Igbo people and money shocked grin

3 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by wellmax(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
New business venture. Chinedu, nothing do you, just make the money whichever way.
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Slizbeat(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
Good to know.

May Almighty God help them to see reasons to believe in him once again. He is always ready to receive you when you call on his name.

All these i ask through Christ our lord.....Amen.

14 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by obumsway(m): 8:08pm On Nov 16, 2013
i must convert oooo.....pls where is the nearest place to convert for i need to build house for my father village na.....haaaa dis my igbo brothers fast pass person ooo
Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by ugoezeik(m): 8:09pm On Nov 16, 2013
My Jesus is coming any moment from now, evil doer keep on doing, good man go on doing good. There is no other way to heaven except through Christ

39 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by Cubeet: 8:10pm On Nov 16, 2013
SO FUNNY

2 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by aaniagu(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
it is wrong biblical for a good xtain to support any terrorist trainee or organisation. Shame to okorocha and kalu. Were do they belong? Can ojukwu do dat?

8 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by JonaTheClown: 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
ehehehe.. Religion For Sale.. Who go buy my own... I heard it sinceeeee... 19__

LOL

5 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by stanogb(m): 8:11pm On Nov 16, 2013
How is this going to make APC win today

2 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by eagleeye2: 8:13pm On Nov 16, 2013
Orji Uzo Kalu, also gave out money? Am kind of curious about this and to what end?

3 Likes

Re: Wamakko, Yuguda, Rochas, Give Money To Muslim Converts by sammiewayo(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2013
I guess these are desperate for start up capital ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Curious About Islam,facts About Islam. / Is It Unislamic To Pray To Allah For A Male Child? / Sheikh Jamiu AMI OLOHUN - Who Is He?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.