Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,801 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence (720 Views)

Photos: Helicopters With Flags Seen Flying Over Lagos / Jonathan Arrives Site Of Collapsed Synagogue Church Building / Another Church Building Collapses In Edo (Real Life Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by siraj1402(m): 10:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Lagos – A coroner on Wednesday threatened popular Nigerian preacher TB Joshua with arrest if he failed to testify at an inquest into the deaths of 116 people at his church.
Oyetade Komolafe rejected arguments from Joshua’s lawyers that the televangelist should not be summoned because he did not directly witness the September 12 tragedy.
A total of 84 South Africans were among the dead when a guesthouse for foreign followers at Joshua’s Synagogue Church of All Nations (SCOAN) collapsed in Lagos.
Joshua, known to members of his church as “The Prophet” or “The Man of God”, has indicated that sabotage was to blame and linked the collapse to a low-flying aircraft seen in the area at the time.
“The court has the power to summon whoever it deems necessary to assist it,” Komlafe told the hearing in the city.
“The counsel should advise The Prophet to come. The church is not on trial. It’s not a matter of ego. Nobody is above the law. The court will be fair to all.
“If he is an institution with immunity, the court will not even go there. If the man refuses to come, he can be arrested… He has to appear. We summoned The Prophet. We summoned the contractors.”
Joshua, a self-styled miracle worker who claims he can see the future, counts powerful business figures, politicians and African presidents among his flock.
He is one of Nigeria’s five richest pastors, with an estimated net worth from SCOAN and his emmanuel.tv network of between $10 million and $15 million, according to Forbes magazine in 2011.
He is due to give evidence on November 5.
A pathologist and emergency service workers disagreed with Joshua’s theory of a possible explosion, citing crush injuries to the victims and the absence of blast wounds or fire at the site.
Building inspectors have previously said the addition of extra floors to the guesthouse, without strengthening the foundations, was the likely cause of the collapse.
The inquest was adjourned until Thursday.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/tb-joshua-gets-arrest-warning-lagos-church-building-collapse-evidence/?utm_source=&utm_medium=facebook

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by akumada1: 10:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Touch not my anointed.
Re: TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by omenka(m): 10:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
akumada1:
Touch not my anointed.
In Nigeria, the anointed are the big shots while the unanointed are people like you and I who are exposed to jungle justice and parading without conviction!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by musaajebor(m): 10:37pm On Oct 29, 2014
do my prophets no harm
Re: TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by ejlee(m): 11:03pm On Oct 29, 2014
i smell a great turn over becos Prophet Tb Joshua can go there n turn the Court to synagogue branch

TB JOSHUA: Who are u

JUDGE: am Demon from the marine spirit

TB JOSHUA: Tell this Court what u have done to this body

JUDGE: I have made this waman bariness n wicked, hahahah i killed her husband

TB JOSHUA: i know u are not the one talkin, u Demon Cry out n Go in thy mighty name of Jesus (JUdge Reply i will go) Out Out

Lagos LAWYER: Madam Judge Are u alright infact Man of God Pray for me

TB Joshua: hahahaha wen God servant Speak the wise listen

# TB JOSHUA FOR LIFE

1 Like

Re: TB Joshua Gets Arrest Warning Over Lagos Church Building Collapse Evidence by IfyAwazie(f): 11:12pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hmmm. I just dey observe.

(1) (Reply)

Tambuwal: Jonathan Calls Emergency PDP Meeting / What Is The Difference Between Sokoto Caliphate And Boko Haram Caliphate? / Policeman In Custody For Killing His 1-yr Old Baby And Crushing The Wife's Leg

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.