Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,888 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:09 AM

please help... my inlaws dont want my progress - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / please help... my inlaws dont want my progress (1560 Views)

Why I Don't Want My Brother To Get Married To Her / How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? / PLEASE HELP: I Want My Ex - Husband Back (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by pinopino1: 1:02pm On Oct 30, 2014
I'm married and my hubby died the same year we got married leaving me with a baby gal...ad he has a landed properties and the family does not want me to inherit it...I'm still very young.. just going to 30yrs ... the problem here is that the family doesn't take care of my baby, they don't pay her school fees neither do they even bother about what she eats or wear ? The family takes rent on the property. My baby is 2 years old. I'm confused on what to do. Can I Sue them? what should I do?

P's: they are diabolical and I'm scared for my life
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by Nobody: 1:14pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sorry for your loss

If he did the necessary things before you both started living together,and the said property is worth fighting for,then you can sue them if you have the means to.

But if not,I advice you seek Gods grace and providence to be able to carry your cross..
Stay arm length away from them to avoid making your little girl an orphan.

He who dines with the devil uses long spoon.

1 Like

Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by dominique(f): 1:35pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sorry for your loss dear. May the Lord continue to comfort you and your daughter. Though, it's ethical for your husband's family to take care of your daughter (especially if you don't have a source of income), it's not their responsibility. If your husband did not leave a will, don't try and drag any property with them. Assume he never had any. If you don't have a source of income, pls get one ASAP. If your current source is not bringing much, start some business to augment the it. Pls, focus on your daughter and ignore the family. Don't relent in prayers especially for the successful upbringing of your daughter. You will have every reason to smile very soon. The Lord is your strength.

1 Like

Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 30, 2014
I am soooo Sorry about your loss. It seems your husband left no will. If only you had the means to take them to court. I would advise you get something doing as soon as possible. These people you are dealing with are dangerous. You could get yourself killed. Stay away from these people as much as possible. Its very important for a woman to be self sufficient financially when married.

I cn't see myself marrying into a diabolical family.God forbid!
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2014
1. Did your husband die Interstate? Ie without a will?

2. Who was his next of kin on the land documents?

3. Did you marry in court? Or is it just traditional marriage?

If the question to one and two is yes and if you had only traditional marriage, church marriage doesnt really count for much except some catholic and anglican churches; if its trad you had only then you are pretty much at their mercy because if he died without a will and you get a letter of adminstration you will still have to rely on their customs and how they share assests and property.

If you had a court marriage or married in a catholic or anglican church recognised by the court you have a better chance.

As for not wanting your progress, human beings are sometimes selfish hence we have to be smart and arrange our own lives so they have little chances of taking undue advantage
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by amtheone(m): 7:20pm On Oct 30, 2014
Sophyrocks:
I am soooo Sorry about your loss. It seems your husband left no will. If only you had the means to take them to court. I would advise you get something doing as soon as possible. These people you are dealing with are dangerous. You could get yourself killed. Stay away from these people as much as possible. Its very important for a woman to be self sufficient financially when married.

I cn't see myself marrying into a diabolical family.God forbid!

She may nt have known that d family is into some bad stuff.

Just remember her in ur prayers.
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by EyeKandy(f): 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2014
pinopino1:
I'm confused on what to do. Can I Sue them? what should I do?

What should you do is change your dependent mindset. Think about upward mobility. You're young and your baby is just 2 years old ... work on improving your life, garner skills, embrace a hustler mentality and you may be blessed to find an amazing guy that will be a father figure to your daughter.

As for inheritance, you may also call a meeting to express your disappointment in the affairs of your daughter and request a monthly allowance from the properties. If they refuse, count your losses and move on. Some families are too fetish.

1 Like

Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by pinopino1: 5:58pm On Nov 01, 2014
we did nt hav a court marriage neither a church marriage..only trad. i've called a family/elders meeting twice and the elders asked them to leave d house for me n my baby but they refused. i've something that earns me income...from that i use to take care of mysef n baby. thanks for ur care n advice. i guess i will have to leave it for them.

1 Like

Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by pinopino1: 6:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
thanks dear...
EyeKandy:

What should you do is change your dependent mindset. Think about upward mobility. You're young and your baby is just 2 years old ... work on improving your life, garner skills, embrace a hustler mentality and you may be blessed to find an amazing guy that will be a father figure to your daughter.

As for inheritance, you may also call a meeting to express your disappointment in the affairs of your daughter and request a monthly allowance from the properties. If they refuse, count your losses and move on. Some families are too fetish.
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by SAMBARRY: 6:38pm On Nov 01, 2014
Madam focus on your child. You your self said they are diabolical.you know the implications of struggling with poverty striken diabolical people. They are always dangerously desperate. Take care of yourself and your child. Leave whatever property for them.a man who is poor in the mind will be perpetually poor even if he uses desperation to get properties. Such properties cannot last in their hand because they don't know how to maintain it

reminds me of my friends relatives that her fathers people drove her and her siblings out of the house. Judge assasinated, didn't have enough money to continue paying the lawyer. House were they drove them away was sold. Money shared among each other . some used the money to marry second wife now they are back to square one because they are poor in the mind. Shame no gree the fathers relatives come and beg for money.

It's them that will be sorry last last.this is africa.oyinbo that called Africa The dark continent didn't lie . poverty of the mind and selfishness undecided
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by bennyrazz: 7:57pm On Nov 01, 2014
The topic drew my attention right away "your in laws don't want your progress" and on going through your post I discovered that you are only being oppressed by your greedy in laws due to the death of your husband. And you said they don't cater for your baby? Madam you are the mother of your baby and you are responsible for her. What you should be concerned about now is getting your entitlements and priviledges back as a single mother. I wouldnt want to call you a widow cuz theres every possibility that you might re-marry. Well, silver and gold i have not but what i have, i will give unto you which is a single piece of advice. You said they are diabolical and you are afraid of them? Well I think you should consult a power that is bigger than their own power. once you can overcome them, they will submit/subject themselves under your authority. Whatever might have been taken away will be restored.
Re: please help... my inlaws dont want my progress by twosquare(m): 12:09am On Nov 02, 2014
pinopino1:
I'm married and my hubby died the same year we got married leaving me with a baby gal...ad he has a landed properties and the family does not want me to inherit it...I'm still very young.. just going to 30yrs ... the problem here is that the family doesn't take care of my baby, they don't pay her school fees neither do they even bother about what she eats or wear ? The family takes rent on the property. My baby is 2 years old. I'm confused on what to do. Can I Sue them? what should I do?

forget about it and since they are diabolical, leave them and don't drag with them. Forget about any entitlements. You are still young and that still give you an advantage to hustle. Pray to God and in not too long, He will give you what is more than a plot of land. Don't risk your life over dung, nor fight for things that passes away... But make the Lord your shield and buckler and He shall increase the work of your hand. Have faith.

(1) (Reply)

What Mothers And Father's Do When Alone With The Baby !! / 18-year-old Caught Having Sex With Mad Woman In Lagos / My Grandpa's Words Before He Gave Up... (pls Advise)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.