Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,806 members, 7,831,629 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? (1852 Views)

Living Under Same Roof With Inlaws……how Does It Look Like? / My Inlaws Giving Conditions. / 12 Photos You Can Relate With If You Grew Up With A Nigerian Step Mom (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:16pm On Jan 01, 2015
Well,i am much of an introvert'i feel shy a lot,i cant face the crowd.I dnt relate with people a lot.Some pple think i am proud,but it's not lyk dat.Hm,my boo has been telling me he wants me to meet his mum,but i do give him one flimsy excuse or the other,not because i dnt wanna c her,but because i dnt know what to say when we meet.

3 Likes

Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by christybabe(f): 10:19pm On Jan 01, 2015
There is nothing there, just be urslf,
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:21pm On Jan 01, 2015
christybabe:
There is nothing there, just be urslf,
wil that help
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by Lilamartedi(f): 10:26pm On Jan 01, 2015
First of all, Relax. They are humans just like you and they won't eat you.

Secondly you should be yourself. Your boyfriend's parents would be able to decipher if you are just trying to pretend to be who you are not. Be free with them the same way you would be free with your own parents but with a certain level of respect, discuss with her the same way you'll discuss with your mum.

Don't worry. She is going to like you smiley

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:27pm On Jan 01, 2015
You guys shld advice me pls
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:28pm On Jan 01, 2015
Lilamartedi:
First of all, Relax. They are humans just like you and they won't eat you.

Secondly you should be yourself. Your boyfriend's parents would be able to decipher if you are just trying to pretend to be who you are not. Be free with them the same way you would be free with your own parents but with a certain level of respect, discuss with her the same way you'll discuss with your mum.

Don't worry. They are going to like you smiley
will it work
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by Lilamartedi(f): 10:31pm On Jan 01, 2015
MhizVee:
will it work
Yes dear. You can talk to her about anything. About Food, your school or work or even your boyfriend..
Just be yourself
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:32pm On Jan 01, 2015
Lilamartedi:
Yes dear. You can talk to her about anything. About Food, your school or work or even your boyfriend..
Just be yourself
ok tnx,i dont knw y i am shy
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:36pm On Jan 01, 2015
Africanapple
unibenstudent
tosyne2much
holatin
kachisbarbie
dechandel
i nid ur advice
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by tosyne2much(m): 10:43pm On Jan 01, 2015
The only pretence you are allowed to fake in life is confidence. Just try to fake your CONFIDENCE in the presence of your mother in law (it is a must). If you go there and display the introverted nature of yours, you would be tagged "PROUD"

Pls just try to be free. Don't allow fear or your poor communication skill give a false impression towards you. Relate with her (them) in a kind manner and also try force yourself to say something cos I wouldn't want you go there and she finds you uninteresting
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:46pm On Jan 01, 2015
tosyne2much:
The only pretence allowed in life is confidence. Just try to fake CONFIDENCE in the presence of your mother in law (it is a must)

Pls just try to be free. Don't allow fear or shyness give a false impression towards you. If you go there and display the introverted nature of yours, you would be tagged "PROUD"

Just try to relate with her (them) in a kind manner and aslo try force yourself to say something

ok tnx
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by Lilamartedi(f): 10:49pm On Jan 01, 2015
MhizVee:
ok tnx,i dont knw y i am shy
it's perfectly normal to feel shy sometimes, don't just let it get the better of you
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:50pm On Jan 01, 2015
Lilamartedi:
it's perfectly normal to feel shy sometimes, don't just let it get the better of you
ok tnx
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by Samwhizzy(m): 10:53pm On Jan 01, 2015
Hello Miss, talk about her son, tell her how u feel about him and also be good to the mother inlaw and also visit her frequently am sure she gonna like u, and the last always be your self!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 10:55pm On Jan 01, 2015
Samwhizzy:
Hello Miss, talk about her son, tell her how u feel about him and also be good to the mother inlaw and also visit her frequently am sure she gonna like u, and the last always be your self!
ok tnx

1 Like

Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by Samwhizzy(m): 10:59pm On Jan 01, 2015
Very very Welcome ma!
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by sholikay(m): 11:35pm On Jan 01, 2015
Wel,i think u should start practising with ur friends,so that u won't flop wen u eventually meet her..u really nid it or else,dy wil tag u,wat u dnt want.
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by ivyy(f): 11:45pm On Jan 01, 2015
Sooner or later you wil run out of excuses. She won't eat you alive. Just be open, respectful and cheerful. Get it over and done with alredy!
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 6:21am On Jan 02, 2015
ivyy:
Sooner or later you wil run out of excuses. She won't eat you alive. Just be open, respectful and cheerful. Get it over and done with alredy!
tnx a lot
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by ferhyntorlah(f): 5:15pm On Jan 02, 2015
Dearie, just be yourself. Don't be who you are not. If you do and later revert to your real self, you may be called a pretender.
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by EfemenaXY: 7:45pm On Jan 02, 2015
MhizVee:
Well,i am much of an introvert'i feel shy a lot,i cant face the crowd.I dnt relate with people a lot.Some pple think i am proud,but it's not lyk dat.Hm,my boo has been telling me he wants me to meet his mum,but i do give him one flimsy excuse or the other,not because i dnt wanna c her,but because i dnt know what to say when we meet.

You can't avoid her forever.

Use that opportunity to understand a bit more about your boyfriend's background, but at the sametime, be watchful and observant.

Goodluck.
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by MhizVee(f): 7:47pm On Jan 02, 2015
EfemenaXY:

You can't avoid her forever.

Use that opportunity to understand a bit more about your boyfriend's background, but at the sametime, be watchful and observant.

Goodluck.
tnx
Re: How Do I Relate With My Inlaws To Be? by mutter(f): 8:59am On Jan 03, 2015
MhizVee:

These are exactly the qualities that mother in laws love!
All you need to add on this is respectful greeting. The way you greet her is already 90 % of the exam passed. This depends on the mans tribe. In most cases bending the knees and "Ma" or "Mummy" suffices.

Please do not tell her you love her son, like someone advised. It would make her see you as too "wise". Just make sure that you are very respectful to your finance when she is around because she does not care about the love but that her son is happy and has a good wife.

Try and help in the household. Before she gets up you should be awake and busy.

The less you talk the less mistake you make.

Good Luck and a blessed married life in future.

(1) (Reply)

30 Rules For Godly Women In Marriage / 23 Things Only People Who Were Raised By Really Strict Parents Understand / Exotic Flower Vase And Flowers For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.