Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,260 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:22 AM

She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her (5939 Views)

I was Locked In a Room For 7 Months and forced to marry Him: Wife tells judge / He Forced Me To Abort 5 Pregnacy for "His Personal Sanctification"..... Wife / Man Orders Wife To Refund N1.4 Million He Spent In Marrying Her In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by JayKaba(m): 1:06am On Oct 31, 2014
Op, she deceived you...clearly understood. But how did she force you into marrying her ? Kindly shed more light.

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 10:07am On Oct 31, 2014
napaj:

Thanks for ur kind advice. I told her i forgave immediately she told me. But how to cope with the mentality that my wife is not educated when i come across a young educated chick is my challenge now.You are a woman too u understand what am saying now.
Your mentality needs education, sorry undecided

2 Likes

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by napaj: 2:03pm On Oct 31, 2014
Flytefalls:

Your mentality needs education, sorry undecided

I will not pray u experience the psychological trauma this is causing me. I am being sincere enough to tell you the reality of what that kind of issue can lead somebody into and, you ar their judging me. Is very obvious that u can do the same thing. Since u did not see any bad in what she did.

2 Likes

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by pickabeau1: 2:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
So what do u want to do

Is she working or is she a homemaker

Does she want to remedy the past

napaj:

I will not pray u experience the psychological trauma this is causing me. I am being sincere enough to tell you the reality of what that kind of issue can lead somebody into and, you ar their judging me. Is very obvious that u can do the same thing. Since u did not see any bad in what she did.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by napaj: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
pickabeau1:
So what do u want to do

Is she working or is she a homemaker

Does she want to remedy the past

Thanks so much, we ar trying to remedy it now. But omo! is not easy o!
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by pickabeau1: 4:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
What are u doing exactly

napaj:

Thanks so much, we ar trying to remedy it now. But omo! is not easy o!
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by ArtanK(m): 5:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
napaj:
My wife confessed to me on her own recently that she had not gotten any educational qualification. That the ones i thought she has was forged. In this kind of situation, what can i do? the marriage is blessed with kids.

How did you find out and what was her excuse?
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by napaj: 5:48pm On Oct 31, 2014
ArtanK:

How did you find out and what was her excuse?

According to her, she was convinced and she had to confess to me on her own
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by ArtanK(m): 6:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
napaj:

According to her, she was convinced and she had to confess to me on her own

Ok, how did she force you to marry her?

Tbh you are making it sound like she lied about having illegitimate kids before she married you or something similar to that. The way you've worded the title kinda tells me that this lie isn't the only thing wrong with your marriage. undecided
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
napaj:
My wife confessed to me on her own recently that she had not gotten any educational qualification. That the ones i thought she has was forged. In this kind of situation, what can i do? the marriage is blessed with kids.

Op, you have no case there. Listen to my story in brief:

my ex deceived me about her genotype. (a lot happened about the genotype ish that I didn't know) and we got married.

Before we got marriage, I tried to find out her age, but she refused to tell me. I decided to leave it till after the marriage so as to give her reason to tell me (as her husband). But after the marriage, yet she refused to tell me her age.

She had fibroid and was nursing it for about a year and did not tell me. I found out about it from her post here on nairaland but I didn't ask her.(she is a nairalander, but she didn't know I knew her monicker) after about a year, she decided to tell me she had fibroid.

to cut the long story short, one day, I went to work, she packed her belongings and left my house, sent me a text message that she was gone. and that's the end of the marriage.

she will come here to read this post.

so op, your case is no case. Enjoy your marriage.

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Saraha1(f): 7:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
@rude this your own serious oh.
Op abeg make peace with your wife and forge ahead.

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 31, 2014
Saraha1:
@rude this your own serious oh.
Op abeg make peace with your wife and forge ahead.

It is just a tip of the iceberg. check my signature. It is also related to it.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 8:24pm On Oct 31, 2014
Rudebwoy:

my ex deceived me about her genotype. (a lot happened about the genotype ish that I didn't know) and we got married.

Before we got marriage, I tried to find out her age, but she refused to tell me. I decided to leave it till after the marriage so as to give her reason to tell me (as her husband). But after the marriage, yet she refused to tell me her age.

She had fibroid and was nursing it for about a year and did not tell me. I found out about it from her post here on nairaland but I didn't ask her.(she is a nairalander, but she didn't know I knew her monicker) after about a year, she decided to tell me she had fibroid.

to cut the long story short, one day, I went to work, she packed her belongings and left my house, sent me a text message that she was gone. and that's the end of the marriage.

Moral of your story: never ignore the warning signals, especially during courtship. Be sure to check and check again anything that arouses suspicion in you. Above all, PRAY... For God's wisdom and direction to marry your own true helpmate. It is well.

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by JulietSweet(f): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
rokiatu:

Sorry sir my mistake. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
First of all don't listen to those saying you may have caused it. Your wife chose to lie, and she is responsible for her actions not you.

However, I don’t think you should even consider divorce. Divorce has a lot of consequences especially when kids are involved. Forgive her, and find out if there are more secrets she is hiding.

Bro, life is full of challenges and we just gotta face them.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
napaj:

I've not said she's done nothing bad. I've asked you if it is as bad as you're making it out to be. Yes her lies are bad but why is her lack of education only now a problem. Did she confess because she can't find work? Why did she not get this education? Money? Laziness? Supposing she'd never told you, would it have eventually become apparent?

Your comments regarding finding other educated girls a possible temptation... It makes me sad for you both. Don't be fooled by glimmering pieces of paper.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
Rudebwoy:

I don't really know what to say. Pele shocked
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by DukeNija(m): 1:38am On Nov 01, 2014
Rudebwoy:

Jesu! And to think she might be one of those women dishing out marriage advice to other women on nairaland, chai chai dia ris God O!
You married a non-retired runs girl!
Take heart, I saw your signature, Jesus wept!

1 Like

Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by pickabeau1: 1:47am On Nov 01, 2014
DukeNija:

Jesu! And to think she might be one of those women dishing out marriage advice to other women on nairaland, chai chai dia ris God O!
You married a non-retired runs girl!
Take heart, I saw your signature, Jesus wept!

Choi.......wicked
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by Kirinwa: 1:58am On Nov 01, 2014
adanduka:
She did a TERRIBLE thing.
However, you are married to her not her degrees.

Dumb thinking.

Just like saying. Am married to you not your family.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by adanduka: 7:28am On Nov 01, 2014
Kirinwa:

Dumb thinking.

Just like saying. Am married to you not your family.

Awww. I see how smart you are.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by LizNaira: 3:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
Did you marry the degree or the woman. Please tell me you have never lied to your wife before you got married. In other words why does this matter stop creating issues where there none.
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by fhunn: 1:15am On Nov 02, 2014
This education/certificate issue no be small one o!

What she did was bad, a foolish action. When she was dating this dude she knew quite well that without degrees marriage is out range. This degree thing is important (especially when a spouse demands it as a requirement for marriage) in this case that she went as far as forging it which is wrong, if you people are saying he did not marry degrees, don't you know he paid for and married everything her? She knew he would love to marry a woman with certificates and she didn't have one, why did she not call it quits and look for another man who wouldn't mind about certificates? She did it because of love, which love? She loved him so teh she committed crime to marry him?
I love you for who you are and she loves me for who I am that why they agreed to get married but the irony here is that she is not who she portrays herself to be! Therefore, building the marriage on deceit, lies.

There is an assurance that if this is not corrected, it will bring shame, disgrace and enventually divorce.
Not only is the certificate in question but also her character virtually everything is in question!

OP!!!divorce is out of the question!
Re: She Deceived And Forced Me Into Marrying Her by oluite(f): 8:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Rudebwoy:

I am really sorry but are you serious about getting married without knowing your spouse's age?!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do Some Mothers Reject Potential Suitors For Their Daughters? / How Do You Cope With BAD Nigerian Mother-in-law ?? / Top Ten Sandals Design Gift For Your Spouse

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.